firefighters watch house burn down

kennethmw

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1286761431' post='929409']
How about we call it taxes and not give them the choice to pay it? Seems thats what taxes [i]should[/i] be used for.
[/quote]

obviously that wasnt overlooked, seems they arent in a place that has a fire department but a oher semi nearby one is willing to do the work if people pay...

seems easy and logical...

until someone who doesnt pay needs it and plays the victim card...

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1286765422' post='929442']
obviously that wasnt overlooked, seems they arent in a place that has a fire department but a oher semi nearby one is willing to do the work if people pay...

seems easy and logical...

until someone who doesnt pay needs it and plays the victim card...
[/quote]

the fact that there is any "out of bounds" places that arent covered by someone seems stupid

I know loads of people who live out on the countryside because of the tranquility it can provide (dumbass yokels notwithstanding) as well as the lack of municipal taxes. I don't think they consider lack of fire protection to be an advantage in this sort of situation, but who knows, maybe they do.

• 1 year later...
[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1286758333' post='929385']
i'd say afix a cost per fire put out...if you dont pay the $75, you pay the cost of fighting the fire, and a lein can be put on your property if you dont pay it...

this of course only fixes future issues... not this one..

it would be tough to be next door, putting a fire out.. and NOT simply spray the water on the burning house...

to be a human being with water in my hand and not put it on the fire in front of me seems impossible..
[/quote]

I think to be a human being and be unwilling to pay the 75$ is also impossible. I would pay $75 so that other psoples houses dont burn down.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1323799135' post='1074718']

I think to be a human being and be unwilling to pay the 75$ is also impossible.[b] I would pay $75 so that other psoples houses dont burn down.[/b]
[/quote]

Uninsured motorist.

Thats not how it works. We all put our money in and then whoever needs fire protection gets it because the money is there to keep the service existing. You can't pay for something like that per situation. I am not paying directly for your fire, but if I know you and jamie B and JC and Jason are all paying in then I would be more than happy to share the risk with you 5. In a sense I am paying for my house and your house. Ia m paying for your house just because your house happens to be the one to go up

Um, that's the problem, not everyone is paying. Jamie B, JC and Jason are all not making payments. Poeple take advantage of people like you. If everything worked the way it should, i woudln't be getting charge for uninsured motorist and that shit is MANDATED. People are too fucking stupid and irresponsible. Do'nt leave it up to society.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1323813330' post='1074805']
Um, that's the problem, not everyone is paying. Jamie B, JC and Jason are all not making payments. Poeple take advantage of people like you. If everything worked the way it should, i woudln't be getting charge for uninsured motorist and that shit is MANDATED. People are too fucking stupid and irresponsible. Do'nt leave it up to society.
[/quote]

The assumption that we cant get there will never get us there.

Archived