Clubhouse Massage Chairs...

~mroby30~

adam dunn had a massage chair that was removed from the clubhouse by dave miley, and also ken griffey jr, who just bought his this weekend, lol. i think its pretty funny, they said griffey decided not to comment lol.

dunn had his since last season, and jr just got his this weekend.

yeah i saw that on the news this morning...seems ridiculous to me that they would take massage chairs away from them...like they are "too relaxed" or something

dunn made a remark about it that was somehting like "we work our whole lives to get to the majors and you would think we would be allowed to reward ourselves with a chair..."

either way its not like he seemed to upset about it...

[quote name='WhoDey48' date='May 25 2005, 10:31 AM']yeah i saw that on the news this morning...seems ridiculous to me that they would take massage chairs away from them...like they are "too relaxed" or something

dunn made a remark about it that was somehting like "we work our whole lives to get to the majors and you would think we would be allowed to reward ourselves with a chair..."

either way its not like he seemed to upset about it...
[right][post="96099"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

one quote he said: "We won last night," he said. "Imagine if we lost, he might have taken my glove."

The massage chairs that belonged to outfielders Ken Griffey Jr. and Adam Dunn were gone from the Reds' clubhouse, as well as a desk that Jason LaRue had set up.

"Surprise," Dunn said. "The chair is gone. Now, we're going to start winning."

Dunn said the chair didn't deserve what it got.

"It came to play," he said. "It never (griped) or complained."

The decision to remove the extra furniture was manager Dave Miley's.

"We're trying to change things up," Miley said. "Let's leave it at that."

Griffey, who just added his chair to clubhouse ensemble, didn't want to talk about its disappearance.

"There's no reason to," he said.

He did not seem upset. Dunn wasn't happy with the decision, but he kept things light.

"We won last night," he said. "Imagine if we lost, he might have taken my glove."

Dunn bought the chair for about $1,000 last year. He had a tip bucket next to it to finance his investment. The tip bucket was still there.

"I'm surprised he didn't take the money," Dunn said.

There was one decorating addition: Dunn had a Danny Graves batting practice jersey pinned up on the wall near his locker.

"That's not coming down," he said.

Graves was designated for assignment Monday.

Guest Gonzoid
They were taken to send a message. Until they actually act like folks who deserve massage chairs, they won't get them. It's a luxury item that they don't deserve.

Thus far, they've demonstrated a pretty blasé attitude towards the losing streak, Freel excepted. He seems to be one of the few players genuinely pissed off at how bad the team is. A nice, cushy stadium (which we were told was needed to make the team competitive), fat checks, and a "What, Me Worry?" attitude doesn't constitute a winning clubhouse.

If Dunn wants a massage chair, have him use it at home and not on the fans' dime.

This if from the Cubs website about Mike Remlinger....

[quote]Notes: Pinched pinky leads to DL
Remlinger has non-displaced fracture of little left finger

CHICAGO -- Mike Remlinger will be very careful where he sits from now on.
[b]The Chicago Cubs reliever suffered a non-displaced fracture of his left little finger when his hand got pinched between two recliners in the Cubs' clubhouse on Sunday. Remlinger had not appeared in a game since then but had tried to play catch with the injury. [/b]

X-rays on Wednesday revealed a non-displaced distal phalanx fracture, Cubs athletic trainer Mark O'Neal said, and Remlinger was placed on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to May 21.

The move is timely because it creates a roster opening for second baseman Todd Walker, who was activated from the disabled list. Walker had been rehabbing at Triple-A Iowa, where he was 8-for-37 with three RBIs and three runs scored. He sprained his left knee April 10 in a collision at second base.

Walker's injury was a fluke thing. Remlinger's is a little more bizarre.

"It happens. You just deal with it," Cubs manager Dusty Baker said.

Baker got wind of the injury, then did some investigating.

"I heard about it, so I went over and shook his hand and squeezed that finger pretty hard and got an 'ouch,'" Baker said.

How did Remlinger do it?

"One of the recliners," Remlinger said. "The handles on those things are wood. I turned quick and didn't know the other chair was right there. I could pitch with it, but we'll take time now to give it a week."

"We'll re-evaluate at the end of the two-week period, but it looks like that could be [all the time needed]," O'Neal said. "He has played catch with it for the last four, five days. We thought this was the best thing to do so we don't turn a non-displaced fracture into a displaced fracture."

Remlinger, who battled shoulder problems last year, was wearing a small brace on his little finger.

"I didn't think it was any big deal," he said of his finger. "It wasn't going away. I said something to them last night and they took a picture of it today, and here we are."[/quote]

Archived