Freel got the message

Guest BengalBacker

Guest BengalBacker
From the DDN

Big hits were everywhere, but no one had more than Freel, who opened the game with a hit to right, scoring moments later on Felipe Lopez' sixth homer.

Freel batted with two out in the second, doubled to left, was part of a double steal and scored on an errant throw by catcher Gary Bennett trying to get him at third.

Freel doubled again with two out in the fourth. With one out in the sixth, he cranked his first homer of the season to left, knocking in his third run.

In Cincinnati's five-run eighth that put the game out of reach, he grounded out twice, but was given a nice ovation by the fans after the first one.

[b]"I've never had that happen in my career," Freel said. "It kind of gave me the chills. No, it gave me the chills. You see people getting standing 'O's' after a couple of home runs. These people are so attuned to the game and what's going on. There's no better place to play than Cincinnati."[/b]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Freel, who started at third base (and made two nice plays that were also cheered by the fans) and ended in left field, began the game with a .314 batting average, ending it at .333.

Still, he felt compelled to make some "adjustments" to his swing, and when he did, he told Miley how well he was feeling.

Just think how good Miley feels right now.

Guest bengalrick

he's right.. cincinnati is probably the most baseball savey place in the country... either cincy or st louis imo...

as far as the best place to play, i'd have to say st louis right now <_<

Archived