Are you upset MB didn't make any moves to shore up the OL?

Should Brown have made some moves to improve OL?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Why do I have to enter the same question 3 goddamn times. See above.

• Yess
    • Know

This roster has talent. I'm so mad that Brown didn't trade for Mankins or McNeil. I know McNeil was not a good possibility, but Mankins for sure could have been had for a 3rd. I can't believe a bunch of professional talent evaluators decided to go with Livings, Roland, Mathis... etc to protect a $100 million asset.

I'm so goddamn pissed off, this was a title contending team, the Carson window is winding down, they have wasted a vintage TO performance all for nothing.

Why hold on to next year's draft picks? [b]There might not even be a season next year![/b] Having Carson has been a blessing, I know he has had rough stretches, but he is a true thoroughbred. Wouldn't you do anything in your power to protect him?

Sorry for another long post, I'm just so pissed that my team is 2-6 with loads of talent and ownership and coaching fucking everything up.

:suicide:

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1289410832' post='939644']
This roster has talent. I'm so mad that Brown didn't trade for Mankins or McNeil. I know McNeil was not a good possibility, but Mankins for sure could have been had for a 3rd. I can't believe a bunch of professional talent evaluators decided to go with Livings, Roland, Mathis... etc to protect a $100 million asset.

I'm so goddamn pissed off, this was a title contending team, the Carson window is winding down, they have wasted a vintage TO performance all for nothing.

Why hold on to next year's draft picks? [b]There might not even be a season next year![/b] Having Carson has been a blessing, I know he has had rough stretches, but he is a true thoroughbred. Wouldn't you do anything in your power to protect him?

Sorry for another long post, I'm just so pissed that my team is 2-6 with loads of talent and ownership and coaching fucking everything up.

[/quote]

mathis hasnt played a snao has he?

kyle cook sucks ass too, btw..

and yes its frustrating we didnt upgrade.. but mankins was patriots property, mike could do nothing, for all we know offers were made, he wasnt free to grab, ... mcmiel is kinda old, so im not bummed there.. but there had to be better talent somewhere... younger better talent..

i expect a LT in the draft, and whit moved back inside..

1. LT
2. MLB
3. S
4. C
5-7 dont give no fucks.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1289411982' post='939654']
I'm more upset that the players who play well last year have not improved or taken a step back.

I'm also upset that while everyone is focusing on Andre's weight, a leader in Bobbie Williams continues to get bigger and worse at his job.
[/quote]

bobbie is still the 2nd best linemen we have..

the only plays he seems to do poorly on also look like andre blocked the wrong guy or cook didnt block a guy at all... or sometimes both happened..

im not going to sit here and complain about the 2nd best performing linemen on the team..

I'm not totally blaming the OL, but they are pretty shitty. It's just that this is one area where improvement was possible with some slick deals. MB didn't make any.

Mathis shouldn't even be on an NFL roster, neither should Livings or Roland. That's three dudes where are collecting paychecks for their UFL level of play.

Speaking of, Albert Toeiana is on the Las Vegas Locos and has played pretty good. He is a good pass blocker at RT. If those three shitty OL can make the Bengals, so can Toe.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1289411639' post='939649']
mathis hasnt played a snao has he?

kyle cook sucks ass too, btw..

and yes its frustrating we didnt upgrade.. but mankins was patriots property, mike could do nothing, for all we know offers were made, he wasnt free to grab, ... mcmiel is kinda old, so im not bummed there.. but there had to be better talent somewhere... younger better talent..

1. LT
2. MLB
3. S
4. C
5-7 dont give no fucks.
[/quote]

Do you think Maualuga could slide into the middle? Maybe an OLB would be worth looking at instead of MLB. I'd go:

1. LT
2. Best pass rusher available
3. S
4. OLB (slide Maualuga to middle)
5. C
6. G
7. G

There isn't enough draft picks :(

1. LT
2. MLB
3. S
4. C
5-7 dont give no fucks.
[/quote]

Do you think Rey is going to stay at OLB?

In the offseason it sounded like a done deal that Rey was gonna be MLB eventually.

If they do move Rey to MLB, id do prety much the same thing you listed above
except in the 2nd Id get an OLB that can rush the passer. Start at LB Rivers-Rey-BJ/new OLB.

Thing about drafting a C in the 4th round is chances are he wont start right away.
So if the coaches really think Cook is a weakness on our oline, then id try to sign
a solid FA Center then use that 4th pick on a OG perhaps that can replace Bobbie if Stephens
doesnt pan out. Or maybe even a sleeper WR should chad not stay.

1. LT
2. MLB
3. S
4. C
5-7 dont give no fucks.
[/quote]

This season is McNeill's 4th season... so he's technically played 3 years of pro football (since he's held out until about 3 weeks ago).

Old? There is better, younger talent? Maybe still in college...

I said no because I'm not sure what there was to do. I like our early round draft picks too much, and i don't recall quality being available in free agency. I'm more upset with Andre's lack of availability in camp than anything that the team could have done, but didn't.

He makes mistakes...but damn, 'Dre is starting to bring it.

He was flat blowing folks up in the run game Monday night. He's showing a ton better feel in the pass protect than when the season started too. No dogging it, and stamina doesn't seem to be a problem either.

I am officially no longer concerned about the abilities of #71.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1289412783' post='939666']
I'm not totally blaming the OL, but they are pretty shitty. It's just that this is one area where improvement was possible with some slick deals. MB didn't make any.

Mathis shouldn't even be on an NFL roster, neither should Livings or Roland. That's three dudes where are collecting paychecks for their UFL level of play.

Speaking of, Albert Toeiana is on the Las Vegas Locos and has played pretty good. He is a good pass blocker at RT. If those three shitty OL can make the Bengals, so can Toe.
[/quote]

we don't really need another RT though. We need someone good enough at LT to warrant moving Whit back to LG.

now if he can be the heir apparent to Bobbie...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziBWUM4QSm0[/media]

I was pretty damn adamant this offseason about my man crush for Iupati. I know he went before our pick, but still we ended up with a good player who the O-coordinator has no fucking clue how to use.

I along with most people thought the o-line would be much improved or at least as good as last year. Andre would have a full training camp (this is pre draft and free agency thoughts), Cook would build on a solid 2009, Whit and Bobbie would remain steady, Mathis and Livings would fight for LG spot and Collins was a good backup at either tackle spot. I thought at best we could use a starter at LG, which is why I was crushing on Iupati.

Now, Livings has been only decent as a starter and Cook and Bobbie have regressed from 2009. Whit is still fine at LT and Andre is starting to come into his own at RT.

I'm not going to hate on Brown for not signing a marginally talented headcase in Incognito. There wasn't much as far as free agent guards and they liked what they had in the guys they had on the roster. My only complaint is I would have liked to see them draft a guard at some point earlier than the 5th round.

I am upset however that Bob fucking Bratkowski keeps being retained.

If you believe we have our LT(Whitworth) and RT(Smith) of the future then you draft a DE or outstanding skill position player(I.E. Mark Ingram or Hightower) if we are drafting top 10. You can get a good G or C in rounds 2 to 4.

From what I am hearing unless the Bengals offer significantly more money that anyone else... Benson is as good as gone.

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' timestamp='1289421452' post='939709']
We could have had Richie Incognito during free agency. He would definitely improved the LG position.
[/quote]

that's a good point and i love that guy's take no prisoners attitude.

livings is an enigma to me. many people don't recognize it, but livings has thrown some sweet blocks when we the run to the left. when they try to pull him and he gets there, he's been pretty effective as well. but sometimes he's just not quick enough and doesn't get his shoulders turned, which usually results in him just blobbing the hole up for no gain. i understand why management is trying to give him a full fledged chance. he's played a big part in a lot of our good runs to the left side. but goddamn does he ever suck at pass blocking...night and day...and it's like he's not progressing. i think we're going to have to resign ourselves to the fact that the challenge is maybe too big for him and he'll likely never be anything more than a reserve. i suppose we'll play him the rest of the year, for lack of a better option. i hope he doesn't get carson killed in the meantime.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1289424717' post='939736']
that's a good point and i love that guy's take no prisoners attitude.

livings is an enigma to me. many people don't recognize it, but livings has thrown some sweet blocks when we the run to the left. when they try to pull him and he gets there, he's been pretty effective as well. but sometimes he's just not quick enough and doesn't get his shoulders turned, which usually results in him just blobbing the hole up for no gain. i understand why management is trying to give him a full fledged chance. he's played a big part in a lot of our good runs to the left side. but goddamn does he ever suck at pass blocking...night and day...and it's like he's not progressing. i think we're going to have to resign ourselves to the fact that the challenge is maybe too big for him and he'll likely never be anything more than a reserve. i suppose we'll play him the rest of the year, for lack of a better option. i hope he doesn't get carson killed in the meantime.
[/quote]

Bengals players dont progress.

[quote name='BengalTillIDie' timestamp='1289425290' post='939742']
As long as Alexander is coaching this OL Mathis, Livings, Roland and Cook will never get any better. Andre will because he has talent and Willie Anderson will work with him but Alexander can't make any player better than he was when he got here.
[/quote]

Seems to be the problem with about every position except corner.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1289410832' post='939644']

[/quote]

Mankins could have been had probably, but at what cost? He wanted LT type pay for his services. If they signed him, they would mos def loose either J.J. or Leon.

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1289444747' post='939829']
Then find another team & take your loser stink with you.

FFS.
[/quote]

Real intelligent post. I was just saying our players for the most part dont progress. How in that am I saying Im going to root for another team. Do you want me to find another team so you can have the bengals all to yourself? Make you feel all warm inside because you earned it. Any negative post on here and its like the bengals gestapo comes after saying bandwagoner go find another team.

[quote name='bengals8580' timestamp='1289451955' post='939863']
Real intelligent post. I was just saying our players for the most part dont progress. How in that am I saying Im going to root for another team. Do you want me to find another team so you can have the bengals all to yourself? Make you feel all warm inside because you earned it. Any negative post on here and its like the bengals gestapo comes after saying bandwagoner go find another team.
[/quote]

I want you and your ilk to find another team because it's not just a "negative post", it's a constant defeatist attitude that permeates a huge section of the fan base. It's annoying as fuck, and I seriously doubt I'm the only one tired of reading the constant spew of tears from the "they always find a way to lose/they will always suck under MB/i knew they would blow it" crowd. Then you "feel all warm inside" because they have validated your shitty outlook on the team, and probably life in general, too.

Next time you want to talk about an "intelligent post", you may want to rethink the comparison of an internet football forum with genocide. You may be exaggerating things just a bit, and your own importance a bit more than "just a bit". But then again, that's the sort of complete lack of perspective users of this forum like yourself seem to represent. "BAWWW I'm being persecuted!! HALP!!!"

No, you aren't.

You are certainly free to keep on posting your "soiled diaper" whining take on things without being herded onto a cattle car, but understand that crying about "Gestapo" is only going to make us ridicule you that much more. Which, believe it or not, a post like yours richly deserves.

I hope that clarifies things for you.

[quote name='cincity' timestamp='1289445148' post='939834']
Mankins could have been had probably, but at what cost? He wanted LT type pay for his services. If they signed him, they would mos def loose either J.J. or Leon.
[/quote]

Aren't we still in an uncapped year? This was the year to pay your players.

Archived