Chad and TO

If these two would ever bring their A game consistently each week, this team would be sitting at least at 6-3.

TO has a monster game Monday, then comes back today and short arms a deep pass, quits on a route that results in an INT, and is caught walking back to the huddle TWICE with less than a minute left.

Chad has a meltdown Monday night and comes out and has his best game effort wise of the season.

[quote name='Sigfox09' timestamp='1289774252' post='941280']
too far gone....i hope both are gone by the start of the next season...singletary said it right the first

Cant win with em

Chad has been great but its time for new blood
[/quote]

If the chad of today shows up for the next 7 games, I'd happily bring him back.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1289774139' post='941277']
If these two would ever bring their A game consistently each week, this team would be sitting at least at 6-3.

TO has a monster game Monday, then comes back today and short arms a deep pass, quits on a route that results in an INT, and is caught walking back to the huddle TWICE with less than a minute left.

Chad has a meltdown Monday night and comes out and has his best game effort wise of the season.
[/quote]

agreed

[quote name='Sigfox09' timestamp='1289774252' post='941280']
too far gone....i hope both are gone by the start of the next season...singletary said it right the first

Cant win with em

Chad has been great but its time for new blood
[/quote]

agreed

[quote name='STRAYCAT' timestamp='1289775176' post='941297']
I would make Shipley my main guy.....no showboat BS..just play football
[/quote]

id trade chad for denario alexander right now... :Harassment_emoticon: hell id trade chad for 3 large pepperoni pizzas from donatos right now... TO is good and all, cant be trusted apparently...

[quote name='STRAYCAT' timestamp='1289775176' post='941297']
I would make Shipley my main guy.....no showboat BS..just play football
[/quote]

Unfortunately Shipley is not a number 1 type receiver. He is a great slot receiver. We need to find someone with his attitude to play the outside spot.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1289775418' post='941299']
agreed

agreed

id trade chad for denario alexander right now... :Harassment_emoticon: hell id trade chad for 3 large pepperoni pizzas from donatos right now... TO is good and all, cant be trusted apparently...
[/quote]

yes, trade Chad for a guy on IR after his third blown out knee. :lol: There's a reason Alexander wasn't drafted.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1289775494' post='941301']
yes, trade Chad for a guy on IR after his third blown out knee. :lol: There's a reason Alexander wasn't drafted.
[/quote]

it was a joke.. hints the pizza portion of the 2ndary trade option..

dink

PS: i cant wait to have some donatos pizza next weekend.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1289775571' post='941304']
Shipley + Gresham + Dane Sanzenbacher + ?
[/quote]
Sure, I want smart, all effort football guys. Guys that give a shit and want to win at all costs. I also want a nasty badass leader on defense. Someone who takes charge like Ray Ray type attitude

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1289775767' post='941308']
I would take Shipley + Gresham + Aj Green. We need a big play guy. Sanzenbacher is not a number one. He is more of a slot guy like Shipley.
[/quote]
Green has crazy skills

Yeah, TO is having a great season. He's ranked what? Third in the AFC? Yeah, let's get rid of him over a bad day. Chad has multiple appearances at the pro-bowl and is having a bad season, which I'm guessing after today he's caught up or passed where he was this time last season as far as catches go. Yeah, let's get rid of him too. We don't need 2 of the best wide receivers in the NFL on our team. Fact of the matter is this, and it all falls back on what Go is always laying blame on, the offensive line. If Carson has time to throw quality passes those 2 are burning up the numbers.
MULLY

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1289775717' post='941307']

dink

PS: i cant wait to have some donatos pizza next weekend.
[/quote]

we both know you weren't joking.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' timestamp='1289776820' post='941317']
Yeah, TO is having a great season. He's ranked what? Third in the AFC? Yeah, let's get rid of him over a bad day. Chad has multiple appearances at the pro-bowl and is having a bad season, which I'm guessing after today he's caught up or passed where he was this time last season as far as catches go. Yeah, let's get rid of him too. We don't need 2 of the best wide receivers in the NFL on our team. Fact of the matter is this, and it all falls back on what Go is always laying blame on, the offensive line. If Carson has time to throw quality passes those 2 are burning up the numbers.
MULLY
[/quote]

pass protection was great today other than the last drive.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1289775767' post='941308']
I would take Shipley + Gresham + Aj Green. We need a big play guy. Sanzenbacher is not a number one. He is more of a slot guy like Shipley.
[/quote]

yea I don't think Sanzenbacher's a #1, which is what the "?" was for. Whether it be by draft or free agency.

IMO though either Sanzenbacher or Shipley (or both) both have what it takes to become a solid #2.

I wouldn't mind trying to get Anthony Gonzalez for a low draft pick (considering his injury history) and then trying to get a potential #1 in the draft.

I think that part of the reason for TO's longevity is his refusal to really stretch out for contested balls that lead to big hits. We all like our receivers to be tough and go for those, but the results are physically devastating to the receiver. TJ is washed up at the age of 31. Shipley already got a concussion. TO is focused on himself and his longevity and isn't going to take these kinds of hits. So he's not a team player but still a tremendous talent. The decision has to be whether his self interests are worth his talent.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1289777059' post='941321']
yea I don't think Sanzenbacher's a #1, which is what the "?" was for. Whether it be by draft or free agency.

IMO though either Sanzenbacher or Shipley (or both) both have what it takes to become a solid #2.

I wouldn't mind trying to get Anthony Gonzalez for a low draft pick (considering his injury history) and then trying to get a potential #1 in the draft.
[/quote]
did not see the question mark. I guess it would help if I took a little longer to read the post.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1289776962' post='941318']

pass protection was great today other than the last drive.
[/quote]

Oh, the O line had one good game, let's give them a pass and get rid of 2 of the best receivers in the NFL. Face it, this loss, this season, isn't on the shoulders of TO and Chad. It's a team effort, they all suck. No one is getting a pass.
MULLY
BTW, I made a mistake, TO isn't third in the AFC, he's third in the entire league. Yeah, let's cut him. We don't need a receiver like that.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1289775717' post='941307']

dink

PS: i cant wai to have some donatos pizza next weekend.
[/quote]

There is an extra bed in my hospital room and you have your own TV! Come here and we can eat Donatos together then get on some ivy lol. Flush our system right out :lol:

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1289775494' post='941301']
[/quote]

just as there's a reason TO is near the top of the leaderboard for all WRs. and anybody that says it's all about the stats is absolutely full of shit. sure, he didn't have a great game. but there's a lot of guys that didn't have a great game today. the difference being, TO has put this team on his fucking back all season long. there's not very many guys, if any, that can make that claim. as bad as this offense has been this year, i can't imagine where in the hell it would have been without him. i know one thing, this team wouldn't have been in contention to win damned near every one of these ball games. TO's been on the money for damned near every game. one off game and look at the negative nannies come out.

Archived