Typical, Browns fans are getting cocky.

Hooky

It's hilarious to see multiple times on Facebook where Browns fans are calling the Bengals awful. They finally have a 3 or 4 week stretch of not being awful and they're already looking down on the Bengals. They're still 3-6, they're not going to sniff the play-offs either. I guess they have to enjoy their brief moment of not being as sucky as usual.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Hooky' timestamp='1289822218' post='941534']
It's hilarious to see multiple times on Facebook where Browns fans are calling the Bengals awful. They finally have a 3 or 4 week stretch of not being awful and they're already looking down on the Bengals. They're still 3-6, they're not going to sniff the play-offs either. I guess they have to enjoy their brief moment of not being as sucky as usual.
[/quote]

And this doesn't happen in reverse? Good lord man....YOU got to develop a sense of humor if you are a BROWNS or Bengals fan. I will say one thing about Browns fans....they WEAR their colors proudly in the worst of years....have already seen Bengals fans not wearing theirs! :morning1: [font="Verdana"][/font]

[quote name='Brownsgold' timestamp='1290953802' post='945977']
I will say one thing about Browns fans....they WEAR their colors proudly in the worst of years...[/quote]
^troll

You mean when they're not otherwise tackling 2nd grade children, right?

I for one am happy that Browns fans wear their colors so often - it makes it easier for me as a father of a 9 year-old child to know when to take extra precautions.

And this doesn't happen in reverse? Good lord man....YOU got to develop a sense of humor if you are a BROWNS or Bengals fan. I will say one thing about Browns fans....they WEAR their colors proudly in the worst of years....have already seen Bengals fans not wearing theirs! :morning1: [font="Verdana"][/font]
[/quote]

That's horse shit. How do you know that the Bengals fans aren't wearing their Bengals stuff? Besides, I do have a sense of humor. Didn't you notice the first thing I said in my post was that it's hilarious?

BTW, welcome to the board. But did you really join the board to make that one post to tell me off? I'm flattered.

[/quote]

on the whole, Bengals fans don't give a damn about the Browns. The moment the browns have any kind of success, they like to brag about it.

Worked with plenty of Browns fans. Browns win over Bengals, its all they'll talk about. Bengals beat the Browns, its as if the game never happened.

Be proud with your 4 wins. That's a solid year for you right there.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1291131861' post='946438']
on the whole, Bengals fans don't give a damn about the Browns. The moment the browns have any kind of success, they like to brag about it.

Worked with plenty of Browns fans. Browns win over Bengals, its all they'll talk about. Bengals beat the Browns, its as if the game never happened.

Be proud with your 4 wins. That's a solid year for you right there.
[/quote]

Wow.

Take that post, change "Bengals" to "Steelers", and "Browns" to "Bengals", and you have the basis for everything I've been blabbering on about since I joined this site two years go.

I mean, think about this. How much trash talk was thrown around by Bengal fans over last season for what any Steeler fan would call a meaningless division title and playoff berth? And believe me, we don't call those achievement worthless just because you guys earned them last year. If that's all the Steelers accomplish in a year, that year is a failure.

And how nuts do these boards go when the Bengals beat the Steelers, no matter how the rest of the season plays out? How many posts have there been saying something to the effect of "I don't care what else happens as long as we beat the Steelers". Feel free to go to the Steeler board of your choice and find me a similar number of posts saying the same thing about the Bengals. Find me some Steeler boards with custom emoticans saying "Bengals Suck!" Good luck.

Trust me, the hatred is not at a mutual level, just like it's not mutual in the Browns-Bengals relationship. Browns fans care way more about the Bengals than the Bengal fans do the Browns, and the Bengal fans care way more about the Steelers than the Steeler fans do about the Bengals. Not saying the hatred doesn't exist at all...just that it's not even close to being equal.

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1291134929' post='946450']
Wow.

Take that post, change "Bengals" to "Steelers", and "Browns" to "Bengals", and you have the basis for everything I've been blabbering on about since I joined this site two years go.

I mean, think about this. How much trash talk was thrown around by Bengal fans over last season for what any Steeler fan would call a meaningless division title and playoff berth? And believe me, we don't call those achievement worthless just because you guys earned them last year. If that's all the Steelers accomplish in a year, that year is a failure.

And how nuts do these boards go when the Bengals beat the Steelers, no matter how the rest of the season plays out? How many posts have there been saying something to the effect of "I don't care what else happens as long as we beat the Steelers". Feel free to go to the Steeler board of your choice and find me a similar number of posts saying the same thing about the Bengals. Find me some Steeler boards with custom emoticans saying "Bengals Suck!" Good luck.

[b]Trust me, the hatred is not at a mutual level, just like it's not mutual in the Browns-Bengals relationship. Browns fans care way more about the Bengals than the Bengal fans do the Browns, and the Bengal fans care way more about the Steelers than the Steeler fans do about the Bengals. Not saying the hatred doesn't exist at all...just that it's not even close to being equal.[/b]
[/quote]

I'd agree with that assessment...

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1291134929' post='946450']
Wow.

Trust me, the hatred is not at a mutual level, just like it's not mutual in the Browns-Bengals relationship. Browns fans care way more about the Bengals than the Bengal fans do the Browns, and the Bengal fans care way more about the Steelers than the Steeler fans do about the Bengals. Not saying the hatred doesn't exist at all...just that it's not even close to being equal.
[/quote]

Yes, we hate the stealers. Who cares if you guys hate the Bengals or not. The reason we hate the stealers is because of pompous fans like you that take a thread or a blog that has nothing to do with the stealers and start talking about them anyway. You guys don't get excited when you win the division? Bengals fans are the only fans that get excited about winning the division? And the thought that we're happy just winning the division is crap. We were plenty disappointed last year and especially in 2005 since who knows how far the Bengals would've gone if it wasn't for that dirty hit. Just like we're not satisfied with going to 2 Super Bowls since we didn't win them. A season isn't a disappointment for Bengals fans because they didn't make the play-offs, it's a disappointment because they didn't win the Super Bowl. Same as most fans for most teams. Real fans would never be content with just making the play-offs. But it's a consolation when your team makes the play-offs and the team that you hate doesn't. And the remark about "who cares as long as we beat the stealers", that's just another consolation. Another example of how pompous you are that you think that beating the stealers is all we care about.

And this doesn't happen in reverse? Good lord man....YOU got to develop a sense of humor if you are a BROWNS or Bengals fan. I will say one thing about Browns fans....they WEAR their colors proudly in the worst of years....have already seen Bengals fans not wearing theirs! :morning1:
[/quote]

the fuck they do... that stadium is EMPTYYYYYY, i have never seen a browns fan in my life outside of cleveland..

all teams have fickle stupid fans... the only difference is the bengals have won the division 40% of the last 5 season, made the palyoffs twice and been in a playoff hunt into the lat two weeks if not the last week of the season in 2003, 2004, and 2006, and remotely close in 2007 3 games out if i recall..

even in our worst season with marvin, the browns managed to finish worse than the bengals did at 4-11-1,

for the 2nd time in [b]8 years[/b] the browns may finish above the bengals, and will indeed miss the payoffs by a mile....

you only need a sense of humor if your team is a complete joke, for decades, when it even existed, and didnt move to baltimore, and stop sucking..

the browns are an utter failure, havent sniffed the playoffs since what, like 2001-2002? so counting this years impossible to make palyoffs record.. itll be a decade.... and 1 apparence in 15 years.. awesome..

unlike the browns, the bengals having a bad year without losing a franchie QB is a down year, not the norm since we got a real qb and a real coach, even if most our fans are too stupid to realize it...

ill remember how die hard the browns fans are when i get 5th row lower level sideline tickets behind the bengals bench in cleveland for under face value again...

browns ar ea joke.. having a losing record against every team in your division is pathetic... browns are the only team in that boat..

Ummmm.... I'm missing something. I look at the standings and I see that not only are the original Browns slotted for a wildcard berth, but they're only a game behind a division leader who is slotted for a first round bye. Those Browns are doing quite well.

Heck, they've done wonderfully since they left Cleveland, haven't they. Does anyone remember Mr. Modell holding up the Lombardi Trophy? I do. Oh wait, here's Art now:

[img]http://www.bestsportsphotos.com/images/modell-art-blr-1.jpg[/img]

Too bad that the city and their fans drove that team away, but I'm certain that they feel a certain kind of inner satisfaction, knowing that that team won a Super Bowl only one year after Cleveland got themselves a brand new team.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Hooky' timestamp='1291900941' post='949221']
It will be really funny when they are officially eliminated after losing to the Bengals in 2 weeks. But of course, they probably will be before then.
[/quote]

[font="Verdana"]
Typical, Browns fans are getting cocky.....what a bunch of Bengals hypocrisy...but when on a Bengals forum....might as well act like one!

It's a peculiar, Charlie Brown faith that sustains you Bengals fans.....Coming off a division title in '09, things looked bright.....How quickly we forget.....These are the Bengals.....I mean this promising season erupted like a Whoopee cushion!

Remember day 1 of training camp when....Ochocinco Upon his arrival,raised the bar to the highest of heights, telling reporters it would be "a [expletive] shame if we don't win the Super Bowl. ...We're going to do it, this is it."

So why aren't the 2010 Bengals winning?

Why aren't they as good as advertised?

Because they're the Bengals.

That's the best I can do.[/font][size="3"][/size]

^ That's the best you can do? No references to cheering an injured Dan Marino on national TV or of pelting injured camaramen with beer bottles and snowballs? No mention of Browns fans hurling rows of seats onto the field during a game? Or of getting your children to taunt opponsing players whose mothers have recently died? Or stealing wheelchairs from spina bifida patients? Or cheering your own QB's injury? Or tackling 8-year-old children after a game for wearing a jersey that matches his Dad's?

Sure, Bengal fans are known to be fair-weather. But we're several steps above the gutter-evoking beahvior that Browns fans routinely demonstrate.

Sam Wyche was right.

[quote name='AmishBengalFan' timestamp='1292731778' post='951762']
^ That's the best you can do? No references to cheering an injured Dan Marino on national TV or of pelting injured camaramen with beer bottles and snowballs? No mention of Browns fans hurling rows of seats onto the field during a game? Or of getting your children to taunt opponsing players whose mothers have recently died? Or stealing wheelchairs from spina bifida patients? Or cheering your own QB's injury? Or tackling 8-year-old children after a game for wearing a jersey that matches his Dad's?

Sure, Bengal fans are known to be fair-weather. But we're several steps above the gutter-evoking beahvior that Browns fans routinely demonstrate.

Sam Wyche was right.
[/quote]

That's the best you can do?

While Cleveland has had a history of fan behavior....I as many Cleveland fans DO NOT condone this type of behavior! I think you will admit that great strides have been made in ALL stadiums as to safety and conduct.....Cincy fans can call their 'Jerk' line to report unruly people (513) 381-JERK....but, whenever you put 65,000 people together, you're always going to have some fights and assholes!

Even your infamous Sam Wyche comment came from.....a rowdy Riverfront Stadium crowd at a December game against the Seahawks in 1989 when several of the fans seated behind the end zone began pelting the Seattle players with snowballs and beer bottles as they were trying to get set for a play.

Let us hope that todays game goes well.....and Cleveland wins......YESssssss!

1978 - Houston Oilers at Original Cleveland Browns - Refs rule "simultaneous posession" on a pass play, giving the ball to the Oilers. They kick a game-winning field goal as time expires on the very next play. Browns fans shower the field with beer bottles (they were glass back then).

1988 - Houston Oilers at Original Cleveland Browns - Oiler receiver goes out of bounds and plows into a defenseless cameraman, knocking him out near the Dawg Pound. While paramedics work on the dude along the sideline, Browns fans pelt them and the unconscious and helpless cameraman with snowballs and beer bottles.

1989 - Denver Broncos at Original Cleveland Browns - Officials had the teams switch end zones in the fourth quarter to protect Denver players from batteries, eggs, rocks and other objects being thrown from the Dawg Pound. [url="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1068888/index.htm"]LINK[/url]

1993 - Miami Dolphins at Original Cleveland Browns (Monday Night Football) - Dan Marino goes down untouched, crumpling to the ground after tearing his Achilles on the awful turf. Browns fans cheered. Al Michaels expressed his disgust over the air, Dierdorf and Gifford did likewise.

1996 - Cincinnati Bengals at Original Cleveland Browns - Fans upset due to Art Modell's decision to move his team to Baltimore, brought tools including hacksaws to their franchise's final game as the Browns. They ripped entire rows of seats out of the city-owned stadium, passing them hand-over-hand to field level where they were hurled into the playing area during play. Fearing injury to the players, refs moved play to other end of the stadium.

1997 - Chicago White Sox at Cleveland Indians - Former Indian Albert Belle is pelted by debris by Cleveland fans in left field, throwing coins, broken glass, and beer bottles.

1998 - New York Yankees at Cleveland Indians (ALCS) - Cleveland fans taunt Yankee starter David Wells during his pregame bullpen warmups, making obscene comments on national television about his Mother - who had died only 18 months before. They even got children involved in the taunting. [quote]From SI.com:

Wells, motivated by vulgar chants about his mother ... overcame a rough start caused by the Indians and by some of their fans, who made remarks about his mother, who died about 1 1/2 years ago. "There was a lot of negative stuff out there ... people talking about your mom," he said. "I don't appreciate stuff like that."

So after giving it to the Indians for 7 1-3 innings, Wells gave it to Cleveland's fans as he walked off the field in the eighth. As fans booed, the left-hander removed his cap and shook it toward the crowd in sarcastic gesture that summed up the Yankees visit here.

So long, Cleveland, we won't miss you. [/quote][url="http://cgi.cnnsi.com/baseball/mlb/1998/postseason/news/1998/10/11/yankees_indians/"]LINK[/url]

2001 - Jacksonville Jaguars at New Cleveland Browns - Browns lose an instant replay appeal, resulting in an apparent game-winning TD being erased. Browns fans react by pelting Jaguar players and refs with (you guessed it) beer bottles. [url="http://thenosebleedsblog.blogspot.com/2008/08/bottlegate.html"]LINK[/url]

2002 - Baltimore Ravens at New Cleveland Browns - Lying on the turf after being hit in the back of the head while diving for a loose ball, Browns QB Tim Couch hears the local fans cheer his injury. "The next thing I remember, the fans are cheering when I'm lying on the field hurt." Couch said quietly but firmly sitting in front of his locker, struggling to maintain his composure. Tears filled Couch's eyes before he continued, haltingly. "It's hard to take, man," he said. [url="http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/browns/2002-10-07-couch-boos_x.htm"]LINK[/url]

2006 - New Orleans Saints at New Cleveland Browns - A fan with spina bifida left his wheelchair at the bottom of a landing before walking up to his seat. At the end of the game he walked back down to learn that some Cleveland fans had stolen it. [url="http://deadspin.com/200062/everybody-needs-some-tailgating-backup"]LINK[/url]

2008 - Indianapolis Colts at New Cleveland Browns - Browns QB Derek Anderson goes down in the waning moments of a close loss to the Colts, spraining his MCL when Browns RT Kevin Shaffer landed on Anderson's leg. Laying on the field, in pain, with what would be a season-ending injury, Anderson situation was greeted with cheers from the Cleveland fans. [url="http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/12/01/derek-anderson-and-tim-couch-have-both-had-fans-cheer-when-they/"]LINK[/url]

2010 - New York Jets at New Cleveland Browns - After an overtime loss, Browns fan stalk a father and his 8-year-old son, both wearing Jets jerseys, walking away from the game. When hurling foul language and food at the pair fails, one member of the mob breaks away and tackles the kid, pulling him from his father's hand, knocking the child to the ground with injuries. [url="http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_news/jets-fan-8-tackled-by-browns-fan-ncx-20101117"]LINK[/url]

Amish, where did Goldenturd go? Last thing he said was that he hopes the Browns win today, then like Keyser Soze, poof, he was gone.

But before that he ranted about how terrible our season went after high expectations. But that's how the Browns seasons go every year. Without the expectations part. Which brilliantly made my point of the whole thread.

[quote name='Hooky' timestamp='1292936801' post='952622']
Amish, where did Goldenturd go? Last thing he said was that he hopes the Browns win today, then like Keyser Soze, poof, he was gone.

But before that he ranted about how terrible our season went after high expectations. But that's how the Browns seasons go every year. Without the expectations part. Which brilliantly made my point of the whole thread.
[/quote]

Gee Hokey thanks for asking about me....ya missed me....but, I guess I got a life, not on the computer as much as you!

Just as sales of paper bags were at a all time high for you Bengals fans....you win a game. Congratulations....People are wearing black and orange again here in Northwest Ohio...have seen more stripes in the last three days than when I was actually in Cinnci visit relatives over Thanksgiving weekend.....what a bunch of fairweather fans.....lol

You talk about how the Browns seasons go every year.....but then take a look at your own seasons..... The Bengals haven't had consecutive winning seasons since 1982. They haven't won a playoff game since 1990, which makes sense, given the Bengals have only played in two playoff games since 1990....

At this time of the season....you Bengals fans are saying the same thing as Browns fans are.....Maybe next year!

[quote name='Brownsgold' timestamp='1293061011' post='953004']
Gee Hokey thanks for asking about me....ya missed me....but, I guess I got a life, not on the computer as much as you!

Just as sales of paper bags were at a all time high for you Bengals fans....you win a game. Congratulations....People are wearing black and orange again here in Northwest Ohio...have seen more stripes in the last three days than when I was actually in Cinnci visit relatives over Thanksgiving weekend.....what a bunch of fairweather fans.....lol

You talk about how the Browns seasons go every year.....but then take a look at your own seasons..... The Bengals haven't had consecutive winning seasons since 1982. They haven't won a playoff game since 1990, which makes sense, given the Bengals have only played in two playoff games since 1990....

At this time of the season....you Bengals fans are saying the same thing as Browns fans are.....Maybe next year!
[/quote]

"I got a life, not on the computer as much as you" is internet messageboard parlance for "I got nothin' ".

And what the fuck is this shit with the fairweather fan accusations? The Bengals have been just as shitty as the Browns for pretty much just as long. Us fans are still here rooting for our team, the same as you. Cleveland fans are no more loyal than Bengals fans, and as [b]AmishBengal's[/b] lengthy post illustrates, Browns fans are often a bunch of drunk fucktards that can't separate football from real life. Stay classy, Cleveland.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1293063364' post='953010']
"I got a life, not on the computer as much as you" is internet messageboard parlance for "I got nothin' ".

And what the fuck is this shit with the fairweather fan accusations? The Bengals have been just as shitty as the Browns for pretty much just as long. Us fans are still here rooting for our team, the same as you. Cleveland fans are no more loyal than Bengals fans, and as [b]AmishBengal's[/b] lengthy post illustrates, Browns fans are often a bunch of drunk fucktards that can't separate football from real life. Stay classy, Cleveland.
[/quote]

What a life you must have.....23,000 posts in six years equals.....3833 posts a year or....10 posts a day....everyday for six years....WHAT A LIFE! WOW something to strive for....being a Bunghole...which is just a polite way of saying ASShole....no thanks...you have that honor!

Lets face it....each team has loyal fans....by fairweather fans I mean....in public, Bengals fans only show support (wearing black and orange) only when their team is winning. Here in Northwest Ohio, at the beginning of the season.....you saw Browns, Bengals, and Steelers fans everywhere......BUT during your 10 game slide.....poof....hardly a Bengals jersey anywhere.....BUT, win one game and the jerseys come out of the closet!

As far as AmishBengals post....I will address that after Christmas....I hit upon it in a earlier post with him.

But....until then....May you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and may it be filled with Brown and Orange!

[quote name='Brownsgold' timestamp='1293193915' post='953255']
What a life you must have.....23,000 posts in six years equals.....3833 posts a year or....10 posts a day....everyday for six years....WHAT A LIFE! WOW something to strive for....being a Bunghole...which is just a polite way of saying ASShole....no thanks...you have that honor!

[/quote]

A Cleveland fan can do math?

Sign #1,372 of the impending Apocalypse!

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/panicbutton.gif[/img]

I run my own business, so I enjoy lots of free time. What I choose to do with it is my business.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1293195768' post='953261']
No matter how bad we suck, the Browns still can't manage to beat us twice in a season..

I'm just glad we aren't the most incompetent team in Ohio.
[/quote]

JC....(Just Crazy)

Geezzzzz.....What a DUMBASS Bengal FANatic you are.....must be that catnip in the brownies you eat.

SINCE 1970....The BROWNS have had 8 seasons of beating you twice in a season including 3 years in a row....1971, 1972, 1980, 1987, 1993, 1994, 1995 (last year before the move) , and 2002!

Since 1970....The Bengals have had 9 seasons of winning twice (YOU do the research)...and in 1982 the year of the 9 game strike-shortened season you won the only game played between us...so that gives you 9 1/2 seasons!

NOW pull up your big girl Hello Kitty panties and do some research! HINT: look on Bengals.com....your own teams website.....imangine that! I could provide you a quicker way....but evidently you need practice on the computer.

[url="http://twitter.com/gdowning14"][b][color="#0a0501"]gdowning14[/color][/b][/url] [url=""] [/url] Plenty of open seats as Browns take the field.. Nowhere near the same energy around the stadium as earlier this season
[url="http://twitter.com/gdowning14/status/19088997032656896"]24 minutes ago[/url] via [url="http://www.ubertwitter.com/bb/download.php"]ÃœberTwitter[/url]

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1293387948' post='953466']
[url="http://twitter.com/gdowning14"][b][color="#0a0501"]gdowning14[/color][/b][/url] [url=""] [/url] Plenty of open seats as Browns take the field.. Nowhere near the same energy around the stadium as earlier this season
[url="http://twitter.com/gdowning14/status/19088997032656896"]24 minutes ago[/url] via [url="http://www.ubertwitter.com/bb/download.php"]ÃœberTwitter[/url]
[/quote]

But....unlike the Bengals....[b][u]The Browns have not had a home game blacked out since [/u]1995[/b]. No other losing team, in any sport, in the past 11 seasons can even come close to saying that and this is why Browns fans stand out over all other fan bases across all sports.

Meanwhile.....[b][u]A Bengals home game will be blacked out on local television for the fourth consecutive time this season[/u][/b] after Sunday's contest against the San Diego Chargers didn't sell out by the NFL-mandated deadline, The Cincinnati Enquirer reported Friday.

Bengals fans are just a bunch of Fairweather Fans!

Archived