Steelers get all the calls

Refs were also from California

Roughing the passer

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4BcYmME1ns&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Helmet to Helmet

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaqmVkTtfzg&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Roughing the QB

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAAUq_Fxuss&feature=player_embedded[/media]

There was an unsportsmanlike penalty on this one because laying around in a pile is unsportsmanlike

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7z9jp10qHw&feature=player_embedded[/media]

That "helmet to helmet" call absolutely infuriated me. I've half-joked about there being a day when the NFL changes so much that I would no longer watch it, but that call was the first time I've really thought about it and said "holy crap, I might actually be serious about this". I really felt like I could have walked out of the house right then and there and not felt bad about missing the rest of the game. I've never done that before, even during the worst blowouts.

And that "pulling a man off the pile" call...I just don't know what to say about that one. I've seen the clip roughly 25 times and still have no idea what the hell they're talking about.

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1290392668' post='943603']
That "helmet to helmet" call absolutely infuriated me. I've half-joked about there being a day when the NFL changes so much that I would no longer watch it, but that call was the first time I've really thought about it and said "holy crap, I might actually be serious about this". I really felt like I could have walked out of the house right then and there and not felt bad about missing the rest of the game. I've never done that before, even during the worst blowouts.
[b]
And that "pulling a man off the pile" call...I just don't know what to say about that one. I've seen the clip roughly 25 times and still have no idea what the hell they're talking about.[/b]
[/quote]

Yeah, I watched that play a couple of times and couldn't understand WTF they were talking about.

Still liked seeing you guys get a penalty, regardless of the situation though...

The Woodley call was bullshit.

Someone better teach Clark to tackle the right way or he'll be in a wheelchair before too long.

The Harrison call was right. He picked the qb up, launched himself and body-slammed him... gonna get called every time.

Didn't see what would have been called in the pile up from the clip you provided.

Oh, did you see Polamalu's neck bending exercises he was doing for Brady last week? So those clips yesterday... classy. It was when Brady scored the TD and was laying with his upper body in the endzone. Troy though it'd be a good idea to try and bend Brady sidways and push him out!! Good grief.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1290431488' post='943732']

Didn't see what would have been called in the pile up from the clip you provided.

[/quote]

Nobody did. The call on the field was that Essex "picked a player up off the pile". A poster on a the Steeler board I'm on says he combed through the official NFL rulebook and found no mention of this rule.

Also, I wish we had video of the Ike Taylor pass interference call. Apparently, having perfect position (in front of the WR, no less) and running in a straight line while looking at the ball is no longer allowed for DBs.

Also wanted to add that the "Refs, you suck!" chant by the Pittsburgh crowd was pure gold.

I was watching the game with a bunch of relatives at someone else's house, and even with everyone in the room talking, and the TV's lack of surround sound, it was still clearly audible. To hear it in the stadium must of been amazing.

I honestly can't remember ever being more proud to be a Steeler fan.

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1290438610' post='943772']
Also wanted to add that the "Refs, you suck!" chant by the Pittsburgh crowd was pure gold.

I was watching the game with a bunch of relatives at someone else's house, and even with everyone in the room talking, and the TV's lack of surround sound, it was still clearly audible. To hear it in the stadium must of been amazing.

[/quote]

So [b]that's[/b] what they were chanting. I couldn't figure out for the life of me what the hell they were saying...

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1290456624' post='943913']
[url="http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/20759/are-the-steelers-being-targeted"]James Walker: Are the Steelers Being Targeted?[/url]
[/quote]

Looks like Rooney has lost control of his pet...

[url="http://twitter.com/adam_schefter"]Shefter Tweet[/url]

Not only is Seymour not getting suspended (fine, whatever), but Seymour is only getting fined $25,000.

How the fuck does it make sense that Seymour only gets $25k for taking a shot at the QB's face after the whistle, and Harrison gets fined $75k for something that actually happened during a play?

To make matters worse, Seymour is also a repeat offender, which was Goodell's justification for the $75k against Harrison. He was tossed from a game last year after punching Jerome Harrison.

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1290467316' post='943984']
[url="http://twitter.com/adam_schefter"]Shefter Tweet[/url]

Not only is Seymour not getting suspended (fine, whatever), but Seymour is only getting fined $25,000.

How the fuck does it make sense that Seymour only gets $25k for taking a shot at the QB's face after the whistle, and Harrison gets fined $75k for something that actually happened during a play?

To make matters worse, Seymour is also a repeat offender, which was Goodell's justification for the $75k against Harrison. He was tossed from a game last year after punching Jerome Harrison.
[/quote]

It doesn't.. even though I loved it...it was blatant.

I don't know if he should have been suspended since he was already ejected, but $25000 seems like he got off a little cheap.

EDIT: I watched the video again... I can't tell from that particular video if he hit him in the face or on the shoulder....it looks like the shoulder to me.....and kind of like been was a little dramatic about it... go figure.

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1290438610' post='943772']

[/quote]

That is pretty witty. But isn't that bitng the hand that feeds?

As far as this thread. Who gives a shit? Are you guys going to come on here every time you feel slighted by the refs? Are you also going to post the more numerous breaks that you get?

As far as Seymour, they should've awarded him at least $25,000, instead of fining him. I heard right before he punched him he said, "She said no, bitch!".

[quote name='Hooky' timestamp='1290518343' post='944140']
As far as this thread. Who gives a shit? Are you guys going to come on here every time you feel slighted by the refs? Are you also going to post the more numerous breaks that you get?
[/quote]

Well, every time the Steelers get a questionable call going their way, numerous threads appear here complaining about how the league favors the Steelers. Now, we present a metric crap ton of evidence to the contrary, and all of a sudden it's "Who gives a shit?".

I'll go ahead and apologize for everyone in this thread for presenting a dose of reality into the Bengal world. I know that's very frowned upon here.

How i feel about the situation.

For years stealers have been getting all the calls, especially with goodell in charge.

Goodell made a decision that he thought was best for the league, even if it didnt fit in with the way
the stealers play the game. He didnt have a choice.

The stealers could have chosen to just say ok we'll do our best to play within the rules and if they
would have done that they probably still would be getting a lot of calls.

Instead they essentially called out goodell and the nfl and the refs by not cooperating starting with
comments made by Harrison, going on to Polumalu, then Tomlin, and even the Rooneys. Refs here those
comments and probalby dont appreciate them. Hence when they see a close call now they are going to go
against the stealers.

Stealers made their bed, now they are going to have to sleep in it. Should have thought twice about
all those comments they made.

Sucks for the stealers fans who have spent the last 5 years getting all the calls, changes the game
completely when stuff doesnt always go your way.

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1290522205' post='944155']
Well, every time the Steelers get a questionable call going their way, numerous threads appear here complaining about how the league favors the Steelers. Now, we present a metric crap ton of evidence to the contrary, and all of a sudden it's "Who gives a shit?".

I'll go ahead and apologize for everyone in this thread for presenting a dose of reality into the Bengal world. I know that's very frowned upon here.
[/quote]

Seriously, why are you guys here posting shit that Bengals fans don't care about. I don't know how many threads you guys come on here and have discussions about stealer shit that nobody cares about. Do you just browse other teams boards just in case somebody might be talking bad about the stealers?

And don't talk to me about reality, you pompous ass. You guys still won't admit that you "won" Super Bowl XL due to crappy calls despite an overwhelming response to an ESPN poll where every state except PA and WV thought that the refs gave you that game. And even PA and WV were close margins. Even after the ref just came out and admitted that he blew numerous calls. Big deal, you have 2 or 3 questionable instances from the Raiders game. Compared to numerous calls that have gone in your favor. My favorite being the "close enough" TD calls you've been gettingthat's reminiscent of Ben's Super Bowl XL "TD". And all of these dirty shots that you defend despite Whines Hard and James Harrison being notorious throughout the league for being the dirtiest players in the league. You defend Ben the scumbag's exploits. Why? Because you live in shittsburgh and have nothing else to live for.

Seriously, why do you guys that just want to bitch instead of talk football? Just leave. Do you really have nothing better to do? It's not enough that your team has success, you have to worry about every team's fan base talking about the obvious league's favoritism toward the stealers. Why do you think Goodell happens to be seen at stealers game so often? You don't think he was at the MNF game to visit the Bengals, do you? Roger Goodell-Rooney was there to see his adopted family.

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' timestamp='1290385520' post='943543']
Refs were also from California

Roughing the passer

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4BcYmME1ns&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Helmet to Helmet

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaqmVkTtfzg&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Roughing the QB

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAAUq_Fxuss&feature=player_embedded[/media]

There was an unsportsmanlike penalty on this one because laying around in a pile is unsportsmanlike

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7z9jp10qHw&feature=player_embedded[/media]
[/quote]

The top 3 calls were fine as far as following the way they've been calling them throughout the league. I agree that they weren't roughing by old standards which is the way it still should be. But none of those calls are any different than what they're calling everywhere else. In fact, that woodley hit looked exactly like the one the Bengals got called for in the Bills first drive that nullified a Bengals interception that would've put them close to the Red Zone. As far as the pile penalty, I don't know what they were calling. But it is shocking that the refs didn't let those plays go, being stealers and all.

Does anybody happen to have video of the BS call I was talking about in the first Bills drive? I think they called it on Michael Johnson.

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1290535461' post='944218']
Instead they essentially called out goodell and the nfl and the refs by not cooperating starting with
comments made by Harrison, going on to Polumalu, then Tomlin, and even the Rooneys. Refs here those
comments and probalby dont appreciate them. Hence when they see a close call now they are going to go
against the stealers.

Stealers made their bed, now they are going to have to sleep in it.[/quote]
That last is EXACTLY a point I was going to make. Here's another spin on this:

If you have a neighbor who has been arrested several times for stealing lawn mowers, and if a lawn mower goes missing and that neighbor suddenly is seen tinkering with one he didn't have before, it is reasonable to question whether he stole it - even if he did not. One's past history will influence what people think of you, and you will fail to get the benefit of the doubt if you have established a reputation as one who flouts/breaks the rules regularly.

I agree that at least 3 of the 4 "fouls" shown in those videos appear to have been unjustified. But based on the history already established by the players in question - particularly those who have had a problem with fines for unnecessary recent violent play, those who have gone on record as intending to hurt opponents, and those who have been confrontational with refs and the Commish regarding enforcement - I completely understand why the flags were thrown.

This is their bed.

I cannot believe the commissioner of the NFL is out to get you guys! That is just nuts! Did you guys try writing a letter to him to see what he would say about the situation? Maybe try to message him on twitter and see if he can give you any insight on why he is out to get you guys?

Well I hope you guys get your answers. I think it's a shame that the commissioner of the NFL is making the refs go against you guys. Sorry about that.

To console you guys

[img]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/funny-pictures-kitten-gives-his-friend-a-cheeseburger.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Hooky' timestamp='1290603635' post='944415']
[b]Seriously, why are you guys here posting shit that Bengals fans don't care about.[/b] I don't know how many threads you guys come on here and have discussions about stealer shit that nobody cares about. Do you just browse other teams boards just in case somebody might be talking bad about the stealers?

And don't talk to me about reality, you pompous ass. You guys still won't admit that you "won" Super Bowl XL due to crappy calls despite an overwhelming response to an ESPN poll where every state except PA and WV thought that the refs gave you that game. And even PA and WV were close margins. Even after the ref just came out and admitted that he blew numerous calls. Big deal, you have 2 or 3 questionable instances from the Raiders game. Compared to numerous calls that have gone in your favor. My favorite being the "close enough" TD calls you've been gettingthat's reminiscent of Ben's Super Bowl XL "TD". And all of these dirty shots that you defend despite Whines Hard and James Harrison being notorious throughout the league for being the dirtiest players in the league. You defend Ben the scumbag's exploits. Why? Because you live in shittsburgh and have nothing else to live for.

Seriously, why do you guys that just want to bitch instead of talk football? Just leave. Do you really have nothing better to do? It's not enough that your team has success, you have to worry about every team's fan base talking about the obvious league's favoritism toward the stealers. Why do you think Goodell happens to be seen at stealers game so often? You don't think he was at the MNF game to visit the Bengals, do you? Roger Goodell-Rooney was there to see his adopted family.
[/quote]

Because this is the trash talk forum that was made to.... Talk Trash.

Archived