This is just silly given OSUs schedule

MichaelWeston

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1290656030' post='944632']
and don't you think its possible that the "dismissiveness" you get from Buckeye fans you deal with has anything to do with the pre-medidated and inherent bias you have against them before even talking to them? What a concept.

If you come to the table with a narrow-minded mindset, you're probably going to struggle to get good conversation.
[/quote]

Thats just it I didnt have this mindset until I came to Columbus. I was a buckeye fan.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1290972169' post='946031']
If the yankees got to play 2/3rds of their games at home.
[/quote]

You realize Auburns nonconference schedule is Arkansas State, Clemson, Louisiana Monroe, and Chattanoga. All at home?

Get. A. Clue.

Every big team schedules nonconference games like OSU does. They usually try to schedule one good non conference team and then the rest slouches. And most the big schools have the teams come to them.

You are mad that I called you an idiot. I dont even need to call you one, you are making yourself look like one.

Doesnt your garage need cleaning?

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1290972934' post='946035']
You realize Auburns nonconference schedule is Arkansas State, Clemson, Louisiana Monroe, and Chattanoga. All at home?

Get. A. Clue.

Every big team schedules nonconference games like OSU does. They usually try to schedule one good non conference team and then the rest slouches. And most the big schools have the teams come to them.
[/quote]

They suck for doing that too. College football is corrupt. I like the NFL cause everyone plays 16 games, 8 home 8 road. Everyone has the same salary cap. It's fair for the most part.

College football is a cartel led by several mafia dons.

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1290972934' post='946035']

[/quote]

You are right...the problem is the system.
Need a balanced 6-6 schedule, no coaches poll and a 16 team playoff.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1290973179' post='946038']
You are right...the problem is the system.
Need a balanced 6-6 schedule, no coaches poll and a 16 team playoff.
[/quote]

Fair enough. I understand if you dont like the system, just as long as you dont think its only osu that does it.

It favors OSU and every other big team to schedule the systems the way they do. SOS doesnt matter really for OSU cause if they finish undefeated they'll be in the NC probably. If they have a loss then SOS might be involved, but more often then not it isnt worth it for a big team to play that hard of a nonconference schedule.

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1290977992' post='946060']
Fair enough. I understand if you dont like the system, just as long as you dont think its only osu that does it.

It favors OSU and every other big team to schedule the systems the way they do. SOS doesnt matter really for OSU cause if they finish undefeated they'll be in the NC probably. If they have a loss then SOS might be involved, but more often then not it isnt worth it for a big team to play that hard of a nonconference schedule.
[/quote]

Completely agree. If I lived in Oregon and had went to (Insert smaller Oregon school that does not exist) I would probably feel the same way I do about Oregon as I do about OSU. The issue is I am reminded of it daily here. Oregons schedule this year in terms of SOS was as of last week 81.

• 1 month later...

Kudos to Gordon.

[quote]The league lost its five bowl games by a combined score of 204-102 and left the Ohio State president, E. Gordon Gee, open for mockery.

In November, Gee had chided T.C.U. and Boise State, who play outside college football’s six power conferences, for padding their records against opponents like the “Little Sisters of the Poor.” Reached on his cellphone Saturday night, Gee said: “I’m going to New Orleans tomorrow, and Antoine’s is a great restaurant. [b]I think they serve crow, and I’ll be eating my portion of that. T.C.U. played a great game, and they deserved to be recognized for that.[/b] Obviously, T.C.U. is a great ball team.”

T.C.U. Coach Gary Patterson resisted the opportunity to criticize Gee, saying: “I don’t have any messages for him. I make mistakes every day.”[/quote]

He was still right though. 1/2 :ninja:

Archived