What's your favorite college football team

Just like the topic states, name your team and the 2-3 players (include their height, weight, and position) you would like to see in stripes next year. I'm curious to see what names come up so that we can follow them throughout the bowl games and combine...

My Squad: Miami Hurricanes

1: LG/LT. Orlando Franklin 6'-7" 315lbs (preferred @ LG)
2: WR. Leonard Hankerson 6'-3" 208 lbs
3: DE/DT. Allen Bailey 6'-4" 285 lbs (preferred @ DE)

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1290885734' post='945825']
Ohio State

Jermale Hines SS
Cam Heyward for DT (ONLY if he slides into the second round)
Justin Boren LG

Possibly Chimdi Chekwa if we don't re-sign JoJo

And in 2 years
Zach Boren FB
[/quote]

agree with Heyward (as a DT) and Boren.

Have no interest in Chekwa really, and could maybe do a late round flyer on Hines.

I'd also add Brian Rolle, if he's able to add 10lbs to his frame.

[quote name='bubba' timestamp='1290906896' post='945899']
not my team so I'm breaking the rules. but South Carolina wr Alshon Jeffery & marcus lattimore would do. Jeffery may be just as good as Green and Jones.
[/quote]
Both are great players but they wont be in the pros next year. Lattimore is only a freshman and Jeffery is a sophomore. Both of these guys will probably be top ten picks though when they come out.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1290907440' post='945903']
Both are great players but they wont be in the pros next year. Lattimore is only a freshman and Jeffery is a sophomore. Both of these guys will probably be top ten picks though when they come out.
[/quote]
Thanks bigdawg. I didn't realize that.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1290903566' post='945885']
for some reason I forgot he was a senior, but I absolutely want Dane Sanzenbacher in stripes.

He's basically a Shipley clone, and while he's not a #1 caliber WR, both have the talent to be solid #2's in the NFL.

Great route runner, deceptive speed, and great hands.
[/quote]

think dane might be available in round 3?

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1290908220' post='945912']
think dane might be available in round 3?
[/quote]
He will be there . This is a solid WR class. I have seen him projected as late as a 7th round pick. Ship went in the 3rd and Sanzenbacher is not highly as rated as him.

What do you guys think of Dontay Moch ? I've watched him a couple of times this year and was impressed. Googled this:

They were the ones who timed the run. They were the ones who saw it happen right in front of their faces. But they didn't believe it. Nevada's Dontay Moch had just run a 4.18-second 40-yard dash. That time would be among the fastest ever recorded. In disbelief, they made him run again. He clocked a 4.08 in his second try. That time is almost inhuman. So, they made him run again. On his third and final try, he covered the 40 yards in 4.2 seconds. Maybe he was a little tired, but even that time is run by only the most nimble wide receivers and cornerbacks. Imagine a 6-foot-1, 245-pound defensive end like Moch running it. Unthinkable. "He has freakish talent," Wolf Pack defensive coordinator Andy Buh said. "Freakish talent. That would be my two words for Dontay Moch. When he puts his mind to it, he's unstoppable." Moch smiles when asked about that junior pro day this summer when he awed the NFL scouts with his speed. And the distressing thing for offensive linemen is that Moch, the reigning WAC defensive player of the year, is now tapping his potential. – The Reno Gazette-Journal

[quote name='bubba' timestamp='1290909625' post='945915']
What do you guys think of Dontay Moch ? I've watched him a couple of times this year and was impressed. Googled this:

They were the ones who timed the run. They were the ones who saw it happen right in front of their faces. But they didn't believe it. Nevada's Dontay Moch had just run a 4.18-second 40-yard dash. That time would be among the fastest ever recorded. In disbelief, they made him run again. He clocked a 4.08 in his second try. That time is almost inhuman. So, they made him run again. On his third and final try, he covered the 40 yards in 4.2 seconds. Maybe he was a little tired, but even that time is run by only the most nimble wide receivers and cornerbacks. Imagine a 6-foot-1, 245-pound defensive end like Moch running it. Unthinkable. "He has freakish talent," Wolf Pack defensive coordinator Andy Buh said. "Freakish talent. That would be my two words for Dontay Moch. When he puts his mind to it, he's unstoppable." Moch smiles when asked about that junior pro day this summer when he awed the NFL scouts with his speed. And the distressing thing for offensive linemen is that Moch, the reigning WAC defensive player of the year, is now tapping his potential. – The Reno Gazette-Journal
[/quote]

what the fuck? any chance we could make a rush LB out of this MF?

[quote name='bubba' timestamp='1290909625' post='945915']

[/quote]
Dang that is fast. He is a little undersized for a DE but everyone thought Dumervill was undersized and he is sack master or at least he was till he got hurt for the season. If he could add some muscle he would be about the same as Freeney. If I thought we had the coaches to coach this guy up, it may be worth a shot.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1290903566' post='945885']
for some reason I forgot he was a senior, but I absolutely want Dane Sanzenbacher in stripes.

He's basically a Shipley clone, and while he's not a #1 caliber WR, both have the talent to be solid #2's in the NFL.

Great route runner, deceptive speed, and great hands.
[/quote]

If we didn't have Shipley I would want Dane. But we don't need 2 slot guys.

Archived