Up to date BCS Bowl projections

Bengals1181

what'cha got?

Championship: Auburn v Oregon

Rose Bowl: Wisconsin v Stanford

Fiesta Bowl: TCU v Oklahoma State

Orange Bowl: Connecticut v Virginia Tech

Sugar Bowl: Ohio State v Arkansas

I'm not sure about Arkansas, but if not them, who? Can't see the Sugar Bowl taking Boise State over Arkansas, and while I'd like to see Ohio State v TCU, I think the Sugar Bowl would take Arkansas over TCU too.

The Rose Bowl gets the first pick, and while some have picked TCU, I see them taking Stanford now that the Boise State loss opens a spot for Stanford. Plus, the Rose Bowl prefers a traditional Pac-10 v Big Ten matchup if at all possible. I also think this would be a great matchup.

The Sugar Bowl gets the second pick, and I see them taking OSU since OSU fans will bring in loads of cash.

Then I believe the Fiesta Bowl gets to pick, and they'll take TCU by default. They'd probably rather have Boise State based on fan travel, but no way you can justify that. Plus, by rule TCU has an automatic spot in some BCS game. So I think the Fiesta Bowl takes TCU.

That realistically leaves Arkansas, Boise State or a slim chance of a second Big 12 team.

So who ya got?

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1290905666' post='945893']
what'cha got?

Orange Bowl: Connecticut v Florida State

I'm not sure about Arkansas, but if not them, who? Can't see the Sugar Bowl taking Boise State over Arkansas, and while I'd like to see Ohio State v TCU, I think the Sugar Bowl would take Arkansas over TCU too.

The Rose Bowl gets the first pick, and while some have picked TCU, I see them taking Stanford now that the Boise State loss opens a spot for Stanford. Plus, the Rose Bowl prefers a traditional Pac-10 v Big Ten matchup if at all possible. I also think this would be a great matchup.

The Sugar Bowl gets the second pick, and I see them taking OSU since OSU fans will bring in loads of cash.

Then I believe the Fiesta Bowl gets to pick, and they'll take TCU by default. They'd probably rather have Boise State based on fan travel, but no way you can justify that. Plus, by rule TCU has an automatic spot in some BCS game. So I think the Fiesta Bowl takes TCU.

That realistically leaves Arkansas, Boise State or a slim chance of a second Big 12 team.

So who ya got?
[/quote]

TCU will get the Rose bowl selection over Stanford and Stanford will play OK St.

There is a new rule that if the Pac-10 plays in the national championship game then the Rose Bowl must take a non automatic qualifier.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1290906727' post='945898']
TCU will get the Rose bowl selection over Stanford and Stanford will play OK St.

There is a new rule that if the Pac-10 plays in the national championship game then the Rose Bowl must take a non automatic qualifier.
[/quote]

hmm, haven't heard that one. Disappointing. Stanford/Wisconsin would have been a hell of a game.

Wisconsin running up the score on TCU will be a sight to see.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1290914478' post='945929']
hmm, haven't heard that one. Disappointing. Stanford/Wisconsin would have been a hell of a game.

Wisconsin running up the score on TCU will be a sight to see.
[/quote]
It is a new rule that just started this season and runs through the 2014 Rose Bowl and then I believe another BCS bowl game will get the rule.

The only way the rule would not take effect is if there is a non automatic qualifier playing in the national championship game and then the Rose Bowl could select anyone.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1290905666' post='945893']
what'cha got?

Orange Bowl: Connecticut v Florida State

So who ya got?
[/quote]

minor change, I like Virginia Tech over Florida State as the ACC rep.

Archived