Became a father today

BengalsOwn

After her water breaking today at 12:55 pm, a mad rush to the hospital, a huge surprise ultrasound that revealed she was breech, and a major surgery (c-section) with me sitting next to my wife, our beautiful perfect baby girl was born.

7lb., 11oz., 20" long

[img]http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/5422/img0019sz.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/2051/img0020qm.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2475/img0043uk.jpg[/img]

Terrible day. Put her back in your wifes stomach, stitch it up, and wait for the Bengals to win again. Oh wait.. :ninja:

Congrats brother. Awesome that it was a healthy baby and hopefully it sleeps well and allows you to sleep well! Cute baby!

P.S. Make sure you don't get her hooked onto this football team!

Man, congrats [b]Own[/b]. My last one was a preemie but still a natural birth, I can't imagine going through a c-section and all it entails. But I know what a difficult birth can be like. I'm happy for you that everything worked out good for you and yours.

Anyway...YOU'RE A FUCKING DAD, DUDE! YAY!

That means you're going to have to be positive about [i]something[/i] going forward, right?

:lol:

Thanks everyone! Everyone is hanging in there. Lily is sleeping like an angel, my wife is uncomfortable because they sliced her open and pulled a living human out of her stomach, and I am uncomfortable because I am laying on the worlds most uncomfortable futon in the room...gonna be a long night.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1292221634' post='950446']
Thanks everyone! Everyone is hanging in there. Lily is sleeping like an angel, my wife is uncomfortable because they sliced her open and pulled a living human out of her stomach, and I am uncomfortable because I am laying on the worlds most uncomfortable futon in the room...gonna be a long night.
[/quote]

no kidding, why do they hate dads? worst sleeping places ever in those rooms..

i remember with my second one, the next day, lots of family came by, so i went home "for a nap and a shower" slept like 7 hrs just randomly sprawled sidelways on a completely made bed without even using a pillow...

pretty sure i havent had a full night sleep since..

Now I get to sit here for three days and listen to my in-laws not make her relax about anything. She's having trouble breast feeding, im the type to say relax, she's not gonna starve, blah blah blah while her mom is ripping on the way the nurse is handling the situation (really?) And getting her even more worked up.

Omg make it stop...

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1292262524' post='950522']
Now I get to sit here for three days and listen to my in-laws not make her relax about anything. She's having trouble breast feeding, im the type to say relax, she's not gonna starve, blah blah blah while her mom is ripping on the way the nurse is handling the situation (really?) And getting her even more worked up.

Omg make it stop...
[/quote]

go tell the nurses you want them to leave for a few hours, and the nurses will say they need to leave, hospital policy until you want tehm back, and not put you on the spotlight...

fuck em.. its your child, they need to back the fuck up and let you and your lady handle it..

[quote name='Bengal Migration' timestamp='1292515067' post='951286']
Congrats, Own! Xmas came early for you this year. All the best to you and your Mrs.
[/quote]

Thanks!

It's been pretty weird having her home...she loves to sleep like crazy during the day, and then at night cry and fidget non-stop. Currently am running on 3 hours of sleep, good times.

It's kind of a boring age, can't even laugh at anything. I look forward to that.

Really wish I didn't have to go back to work on Monday...

Archived