2nd Round OL

I am assuming that we go Green, Fairley, Luck or Bowers. That's the most likely order for me but that's besides this point. I also think/assume that we can't get out of round 2 without an OL. So who are the most likely options. I would love it if either Carimi or Pouncey fell to the top of round 2 but I don't see that happening with the good teams drafting at the end of Round 1. Who are some of the other realistic names I can expect there? Costanzo is likely gone. Love, Solder and Sherrod seem to be up and down on different draft boards. Any other ideas?

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1292339436' post='950760']
A small list of guys to keep an eye on.

Pouncey and Moffitt in the 2nd, Justin Boren in the 3rd, OT James carpenter and [b]the TCU LT[/b] in the 3rd
[/quote]

I believe you are referring to Marcus Cannon. And I would have him at the top of my second round wish list.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' timestamp='1292349536' post='950794']
What if somehow Jake Locker fell to round 2?

Would you take a chance on him to sit and learn behind Palmer?
[/quote]

no. Not a huge fan of Locker, still like Lefevour, and we have far more pressing needs to use a 2nd rounder on.

IMO the only way you use a draft pick before round 5 on a QB this year is if you are committed to rebuilding and trade Carson for picks and take Luck in the first. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense IMO.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1292347098' post='950782']
I believe you are referring to Marcus Cannon. And I would have him at the top of my second round wish list.
[/quote]

yea him. How about him at RG? He'd also be Andre's backup.

Whit-Collins-Cook-Cannon-Andre

Definitely think that could work.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1292350197' post='950798']
yea him. How about him at RG? He'd also be Andre's backup.

Whit-Collins-Cook-Cannon-Andre

Definitely think that could work.
[/quote]

I have no idea how good Collins would be as a guard, but I'd like to see it tried, anyway.

All in all, I'm not a big Jim Bollman fan, but I do agree with one of his precepts. Put your 5 best linemen on the field, and I think Collins might be one of those.

[quote name='mtrbur' timestamp='1292409414' post='950967']
I like Rodney Hudson from FSU, he's projected as a late first to early second round pick...
[/quote]
Very athletic, but he's small. The last I saw he was listed at 285 (and college sizes are usually "generous"). Would he be big and strong enough to play in the AFCN? If he put on the weight would he still be athletic enough?

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1292419951' post='950984']
Very athletic, but he's small. The last I saw he was listed at 285 (and college sizes are usually "generous"). Would he be big and strong enough to play in the AFCN? If he put on the weight would he still be athletic enough?
[/quote]

you make some good points but (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1262904) says that he "has compiled nearly 100 knockdowns in his two-year career" so I think he's plenty strong enough

[quote name='mtrbur' timestamp='1292432248' post='951032']
you make some good points but (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1262904) says that he "has compiled nearly 100 knockdowns in his two-year career" so I think he's plenty strong enough
[/quote]

I don't know much about him, but you can hardly compare success against a weak ACC as sure-fire proof against NFL caliber talent.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1292435317' post='951048']
I don't know much about him, but you can hardly compare success against a weak ACC as sure-fire proof against NFL caliber talent.
[/quote]

never said anything about sure-fire proof, just said that I [b]think[/b] he's strong enough... doesn't mean much

[quote name='mtrbur' timestamp='1292409414' post='950967']
I like Rodney Hudson from FSU, he's projected as a late first to early second round pick...
[/quote]

the dude is the real deal. his position coach rick trickett is one of the best in the nation. he's been a starter since the 4th game of his freshman year. he's graded out as the top ol every year he's been here. he's always the talk of the town around here

Archived