6'6 250

9 members have voted

1. 1. ...

• "Yes We Cam !!!"
    • "Hope We Don't !!!"

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1292812284' post='952187']
How long will it take him to learn to read the stealers' and ravens' defenses?
[/quote]

I know it's not that same thing but he did okay against the sophistication of Nick Saban's defense who was given a copy of Rex Ryan's defensive playbook...

Given your propensity to root for DT prospects that have been busts, I'll say you have put the curse on this player's NFL career as well. I'd pass, unless he somehow is a second rounder. We should take Fairley or barring that, the best OL, S, MLB or WR with that pick.

With the CBA agreement looming, its likely there will be a rookie salary cap (thank god) which means the 1st overall pick isn't quite as scary to teams as it used to be in terms of guaranteed money. If we end up with that pick, I hope we trade down a few spots and pick up an extra 3rd to draft the WR we need.

This mock is presuming we don't keep Chad or T.O., which I hope we don't do anyway...

1. Fairley
2. Oline
3. Oline
3a. WR
4. S
5. MLB
6. WR/Oline
7. DB

If you want a big, mobile QB who tore up college football and has character concerns you might as well just trade a 3rd round pick for Vince Young. At least he has NFL experience as a below average QB.

I'll take 6'4 275 pound DE Da'Quan Bowers. Beast against run and pass. I love Fairley but with Atkins coming on strong I would rather upgrade MJ who I think is a better situational pass rusher. Him and Dunlap would straight kill QBs.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1292817848' post='952220']
If you want a big, mobile QB who tore up college football and has character concerns you might as well just trade a 3rd round pick for Vince Young. At least he has NFL experience as a below average QB.

I'll take 6'4 275 pound DE Da'Quan Bowers. Beast against run and pass. I love Fairley but with Atkins coming on strong I would rather upgrade MJ who I think is a better situational pass rusher. Him and Dunlap would straight kill QBs.
[/quote]

Then who do you play at WR?

I've been warming up to Cam. Watching Vick create time for his WR's by moving around the pocket and just being a badass has me intrigued. I know Cam won't be as agile as Vick, but he will be a load to take down. I'm interested to see what he runs his 40 in and see how he throws. He is a guy that without a doubt could sit behind Carson for a couple of years and learn. Not at the #2 spot though.

Mr. Luck still tops my draft board wishlist.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1292823364' post='952231']
Then who do you play at WR?
[/quote]
Scrap this pass heavy offense and go with a power running scheme. Re-sign Benson. You already have Gresham and Shipley who are good young targets. Draft a #1 type receiver in round 2 and a guard in round 3. Sign a quality HEALTHY veteran free agent WR and let Ocho and T.O. walk.

So quick synopsis:

- New blood at head coach, offensive coordinator, O-line coach, WR coach and D-line coach
- Draft Da'Quan Bowers in round 1, Michael Floyd/Jonathan Baldwin/Greg Little in round 2, John Moffit in round 3
- Re-sign Benson and Joseph
- Sign WR Steve Breaston or James Jones
- Let the headaches, Ocho and T.O., walk

Offense
QB - Palmer
RB - Benson
FB - Pressley
WR - Breaston/Jones
WR - Shipley
TE - Gresham
LT - Whit
LG - Mathis/Livings or Moffit
C - Cook
RG - Williams or Moffit
RT - Smith

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1292812996' post='952194']
Given your propensity to root for DT prospects that have been busts, I'll say you have put the curse on this player's NFL career as well. I'd pass, unless he somehow is a second rounder. We should take Fairley or barring that, the best OL, S, MLB or WR with that pick.

With the CBA agreement looming, its likely there will be a rookie salary cap (thank god) which means the 1st overall pick isn't quite as scary to teams as it used to be in terms of guaranteed money. If we end up with that pick, I hope we trade down a few spots and pick up an extra 3rd to draft the WR we need.

This mock is presuming we don't keep Chad or T.O., which I hope we don't do anyway...

1. Fairley
2. Oline
3. Oline
3a. WR
4. S
5. MLB
6. WR/Oline
7. DB
[/quote]

You better throw an RB in there if we don't keep Benson.

Archived