WR/TE situation

How comfortable are you with WR/TE situation?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. How comfortable are you with WR/TE situation? (10 being highest)

Now that the season is over, how comfortable are you on a scale of 1-10 with the WR/TE situation?

Assume Chad and TO are gone.

You have:

Simpson
Caldwell
Shipley
Cosby
Hodge

Gresham
Coffman

Obviously other pieces, big or small, will be added either by free agency or draft. However how comfortable are you with the current WR/TE's listed above?

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1294002792' post='956383']
Now that the season is over, how comfortable are you on a scale of 1-10 with the WR/TE situation?

You have:

Simpson
Caldwell
Shipley
Cosby
Hodge

Gresham
Coffman

Obviously other pieces, big or small, will be added either by free agency or draft. However how comfortable are you with the current WR/TE's listed above?
[/quote]

I feel comfortable with what we have. Add a mid-draft receiver and we should be set. Coffman looked good today when he got the ball. We know what we have in Gresham. Simp/Caldwell/Shipley are solid. Our focus has got to be O-line. How many 3rd&1 got stuffed today?

I voted 7. Simpson is athletic enough and now he has shown two weeks in a row he can get open against good defenses. Caldwell I think looks very good these past 3 weeks.

Ship has produced.

Coffman finally gettin snaps and Gresham has been awesome. I think they have tremendous deep potential that has not been explored by the bengals.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1294002792' post='956383']

You have:

Simpson
Caldwell
Shipley
Cosby
Hodge

Gresham
Coffman

[/quote]

Im pretty comfortable with what we have. If we fill some other holes in FA we could still draft AJ green and have a great WR corp again, or we could just stick with what we got.

Caldwell is averaging 90 yards a game his last 3 games. Simpson 123.5 yards per game last 2. Ship is still ship and gresh is solid.

I am more than comfortable going with this group going into next season. Get a new coordinator who knows how to use a tight end better, improve the o-line and run game and this offense is set.

I see no reason to use the 3rd pick on A.J. Green now with Simpson and Caldwell playing great the last 2 weeks. Shipley is a damn good #3 receiver who will only get better.

Maybe add a solid vet receiver or draft one in round 4 or later.

[quote name='Mu Shu' timestamp='1294003024' post='956393']
Add AJ Green to that and a OC that knows how to use Coffman/Gresham and then I'm REALLY comfortable.
[/quote]

Wooo Hoooo!! I'm glad I'm not the only one that wants A.J. Green!

[quote name='cincity' timestamp='1294004094' post='956431']
Wooo Hoooo!! I'm glad I'm not the only one that wants A.J. Green!
[/quote]

I like AJ Green a lot, but this is a deep draft for WR and we have much bigger problems than WR on this team. We need to really focus on upgrading the Oline, linebackers, and safeties. We may be looking at corner too if we don't resign/tag JoJo.

[quote name='cincity' timestamp='1294004563' post='956439']
My question is, what is going on in Chad's head? What does he think about the offense looking so much better minus him?
[/quote]

He's too busy twittering about t-shirts with a cartoon of himself on them to even notice or care.

[quote name='WhoDey85' timestamp='1294004298' post='956434']
I like AJ Green a lot, but this is a deep draft for WR and we have much bigger problems than WR on this team. We need to really focus on upgrading the Oline, linebackers, and safeties. We may be looking at corner too if we don't resign/tag JoJo.
[/quote]

I don't think CB will be too much of a need, if Wade is signed for next year, even without J.J. they have ; Hall, A. Jones, Wade, Ghee, and Trent.

I like AJ Green a lot, but this is a deep draft for WR and we have much bigger problems than WR on this team. [b]We need to really focus on upgrading the Oline, linebackers, and safeties.[/b] We may be looking at corner too if we don't resign/tag JoJo.
[/quote]

What does that have to do with AJ Green? No one at those positions is worth #3 overall.

[quote name='joshua' timestamp='1294004677' post='956440']
He's too busy twittering about t-shirts with a cartoon of himself on them to even notice or care.
[/quote]

it's interesting when you look at Chad and TO's twitter accounts. TO posts positive about his teammates while Chad makes smart ass comments thinking he's not a problem.

edit: spoke too soon.... TO is joining in with Chad now.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1294003466' post='956408']
I am more than comfortable going with this group going into next season. Get a new coordinator who knows how to use a tight end better, improve the o-line and run game and this offense is set.

I see no reason to use the 3rd pick on A.J. Green now with Simpson and Caldwell playing great the last 2 weeks. Shipley is a damn good #3 receiver who will only get better.

Maybe add a solid vet receiver or draft one in round 4 or later.
[/quote]
Totally agree. I want a middle linebacker ( even though I like Muck) a safety, O and D lineman.

[/quote]

The problem is none of those positions will have anyone worth a top 3 pick. Green will be on the short list for our draft pick, whether its a need or not. With that said I love the potential of Simpson, Caldwell and Shipley. If they are the top 3 at the start of next year, I am comfortable.

I would have no problem bringing back all three tight ends for next season. Gresham is a stud, Coffman has potential and Kelly is the perfect mentor for the young guys.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1294004755' post='956444']
What does that have to do with AJ Green? No one at those positions is worth #3 overall.
[/quote]

Patrick Peterson very well ay be and could translate to S in the NFL. Instead of WR, I would go with a stud DT or DE at #3, like Fairley or Bowers. Receivers can be had thoughout this draft. A rotation of Fairley, Peko, Atkins, Sims at DT would be sick.

[quote name='WhoDey85' timestamp='1294005193' post='956456']
Very true, but I would go with a stud DT or DE at #3, like Fairley or Bowers. Receivers can be had thoughout this draft. [b]A [u]rotation[/u] of Fairley, Peko, Atkins, Sims at DT[/b] would be sick.
[/quote]

Do you really want to use the #3 overall pick on a rotational player?

Caldwell and Simpson are both impressive but they are also both Unrestricted Free agents after 2011. I certainly like what we have but think AJ Green would really solidify the spot and allow us to hedge our bets on 2 guys who really don't have a long term resume to show off their skills. I think that Simpson and Caldwells success is more of a positive on Carson then anything else. (Although he continues to underthrow deep balls.) AJ Green would allow us to go with resigning the best of those 2 and keeping Shipley and have a great receiver unit for the next 5 years.

At TE I am ok with the 2 guys but we need a blocking TE. Maybe we keep Kelly and he does that or maybe we get that elsewhere. Either way we NEED a blocking TE.

Archived