Hope this isn't true

First of all I'm not sure this is true or even worth it's own thread so . . . merge or delete. I won't mind.

Listening to the radio a few minutes ago . . . Someone said that delay at the end of the game when the official was checking with something upstairs. The last 10 seconds before the Ravens were going to take a knee and end the game.

Supposedly Carson & Marvin were yelling & telling the ref's that the overthrow to Peerman was only 3rd down and not 4th. I hope this is not true

[quote name='bengalbutch' timestamp='1294011694' post='956553']
First of all I'm not sure this is true or even worth it's own thread so . . . merge or delete. I won't mind.

Listening to the radio a few minutes ago . . . Someone said that delay at the end of the game when the official was checking with something upstairs. The last 10 seconds before the Ravens were going to take a knee and end the game.

Supposedly Carson & Marvin were yelling & telling the ref's that the overthrow to Peerman was only 3rd down and not 4th. I hope this is not true
[/quote]

yeah, i heard the same thing. that would be one explanation as to why he made that stupid throw. if that's the case, it's pathetic.

edit: just rewatched the tape and that's what appears was in carson's mind. that's why he threw it away...to live another day (whoops?).

1-10-BAL 30 (:38) (Shotgun) 9-C.Palmer pass deep right to 89-J.Simpson ran ob at BLT 11 for 19 yards.
1-10-BAL 11
(:33) (Shotgun) 9-C.Palmer pass short middle to 87-A.Caldwell to BLT 2 for 9 yards (52-R.Lewis).
2-1-BAL 2
(:22) 9-C.Palmer spiked the ball to stop the clock.
3-1-BAL 2
(:19) 9-C.Palmer pass incomplete short right to 87-A.Caldwell.
4-1-BAL 2
(:16) (Shotgun) 9-C.Palmer pass incomplete short left to 30-C.Peerman

...if that's true, that's just sad.

[quote name='Missya15' timestamp='1294011825' post='956554']
lol doesnt matter anyway
[/quote]

it does matter if you're trying to win the game...and that is what they were trying to do. what if it was a game to get in the playoffs? for that matter, what if it was a playoff game?

[quote name='Mu Shu' timestamp='1294012253' post='956561']
1-10-BAL 30 (:38) (Shotgun) 9-C.Palmer pass deep right to 89-J.Simpson ran ob at BLT 11 for 19 yards.
1-10-BAL 11
[i][b](:33) (Shotgun) 9-C.Palmer pass short middle to 87-A.Caldwell to BLT 2 for 9 yards (52-R.Lewis).
2-1-BAL 2[/b][/i]
(:22) 9-C.Palmer spiked the ball to stop the clock.
3-1-BAL 2
(:19) 9-C.Palmer pass incomplete short right to 87-A.Caldwell.
4-1-BAL 2
(:16) (Shotgun) 9-C.Palmer pass incomplete short left to 30-C.Peerman

...if that's true, that's just sad.
[/quote]

Marvin/Carson must have thought the pass completion to Caldwell at the 2 yard line was a first down.

It wasn't--just a gain of nine yards to the 2 yard line.

We'll probably end up with a much better draft pick because of it...

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' timestamp='1294012690' post='956566']
Marvin/Carson must have thought the pass completion to Caldwell at the 2 yard line was a first down.

It wasn't--just a gain of nine yards to the 2 yard line.

We'll probably end up with a much better draft pick because of it...
[/quote]

yeah, and i'm sure everyone is aware that i'm all over that.

but what does that say about the guy who we call our "franchise quarterback" when he doesn't have his shit together any more than that...on the goal line, at the end of the game? it's pathetic!

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1294012992' post='956569']

but what does that say about the guy who we call our "franchise quarterback" when he doesn't have his shit together any more than that...on the goal line, at the end of the game? it's pathetic!
[/quote]

It's even worse if our Head Coach and/or Offensive Coordinator aren't aware of the correct down.

Goodbye Marvin and Brat!

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1294012992' post='956569']

[/quote]

serious question though.... is it more on the QB, the coach, or the OC to be aware and to communicate the situation?

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' timestamp='1294013123' post='956570']
It's even worse if our Head Coach and/or Offensive Coordinator aren't aware of the correct down.

Goodbye Marvin and Brat!
[/quote]

my tape cuts out right there, without showing the side line, so i can't make a comment about the coaches. but i can about carson, who should be experienced enough to have had his head in the game. it's rather obvious he's throwing that ball away to play for another down.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1294013271' post='956573']
my tape cuts out right there, without showing the side line, so i can't make a comment about the coaches. but i can about carson, who should be experienced enough to have had his head in the game. it's rather obvious he's throwing that ball away to play for another down.
[/quote]

Carson does what the fucking Offensive Coordinator tells him to do. He had NO TIMEOUTS to discuss it with Brat--he's counting on the coaches to know the game situation and to call the correct play..

This is a prime example of why our coaches must be replaced.

Ok, I know I'm the apologist so I'm going to take this on my shoulders, but, Who, except for a bunch of Whiny fucks, really gives a shit? Some of you act like you've never made a mistake in the heat of the moment, and when you did, I doubt you had 300+ pound MF's trying to take your head off. The amazing thing is that most of you bitching were the same ones arguing that we NEEDED to Lose. Some of you wouldn't be happy if you got hung with a new rope.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1294014414' post='956591']
Ok, I know I'm the apologist so I'm going to take this on my shoulders, but, Who, except for a bunch of Whiny fucks, really gives a shit? Some of you act like you've never made a mistake in the heat of the moment, and when you did, I doubt you had 300+ pound MF's trying to take your head off. The amazing thing is that most of you bitching were the same ones arguing that we NEEDED to Lose. Some of you wouldn't be happy if you got hung with a new rope.
[/quote]

ken, you can't honestly say this should be occurring...that you condone it.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1294014865' post='956595']
ken, you can't honestly say this should be occurring...that you condone it.
[/quote]

No, but the shit happens. I can remember teams getting 5 downs, and I can remember a game a few years back when they took a down that cost a team a game. That's why they went to a QC official down on the field just to keep track of the downs and the time outs.

Archived