Ok -- HC is in place

Title says it all. The pressor gave us nearly nothing except that Marvin is the man in 2011. Therefore, these are anyones guess. What did Marvin bargain for and get? Will there be changes? What changes? What didn't Marvin get that he wanted? Time table for coaching changes?

I got the feeling from the pressor that nothing much will be done.

Scouting is just fine, all we have to do is pick up a phone. Marvin is and has more say than nearly everyone else. No bubble until after CBA is worked out.

This from an article via ESPN.com shows promise...

There is likely to be at least one significant change in the coaching staff. Offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski finished his 10th season in Cincinnati and might take the fall for the offense's struggles.

"There will be changes considered with the coaches," Brown said, declining to be any more specific. "We'll examine how they all fit and make decisions after we've had an opportunity to consider that more."

IMO the big thing will be he'll finally have say over the coaching staff to fit it to his philosophy. Further, he'll have more say over players so that players are brought in that fit that philosophy. Not just players brought in to be brought in.

The practice bubble will get taken care of after the CBA. Even last week Marvin had said Mike had come around on the bubble and agreed that it was needed.

If a consistent philosophy is determined for the organization and Marvin now has the power to bring in coaches and players that fit that philosophy,I think that's a very good step in the right direction.

It became very clear that there was no consistent philosophy for the organization and that was in large part due to Marvin and Brat's inability to agree on one and how to call the games accordingly. You only have to look at the last three games. Pound the rock and make smart plays in the passing game while keeping your D fresh, got you two wins. They abandoned the running game against the Ravens and lost.

Further, one of the most significant things to come out of all of this I think is the ESPN report that Katie (and her husband) sided with Marvin over her father.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1294191289' post='958197']
Further, one of the most significant things to come out of all of this I think is the ESPN report that Katie (and her husband) sided with Marvin over her father.
[/quote]

I saw that, when Dilfer and Bruschi were on there... I think Bruschi definitely hates the Bengals, he said he would never play for a team like the Bengals because they had shitty training facilities and it was a direct reflection of the organization's commitment to winning, or something like that. The way he said it was so snotty. I thought the training facilities were supposed to be pretty good in Cincy? :blink:

[quote name='Cat' timestamp='1294193505' post='958212']
I saw that, when Dilfer and Bruschi were on there... I think Bruschi definitely hates the Bengals, he said he would never play for a team like the Bengals because they had shitty training facilities and it was a direct reflection of the organization's commitment to winning, or something like that. The way he said it was so snotty. I thought the training facilities were supposed to be pretty good in Cincy? :blink:
[/quote]

I have no idea how Teddy Bruschi or Rodney Harrison are in television. They offer no insight, none............Jesus. Bring Sean Salisbury back for all I care. At least he said something.

[/quote]

Well you have to admit our practice filming techniques don't match what the Patriots had when those two were playing.

Yeah, my wife was telling me they had bad training facilities.. I was like WTF?!?! I know they don't have an indoor practice thing but, other than that I thought they were pretty bad ass. I'd go there and workout.

[/quote]

I think he was referring to the pre-PBS facilities. He was pretty praiseworthy of the move on the show.

[/quote]
Compared to a place like NE? Nahhh. Lo siento

Reading between the lines - just my opinion and worth every penny you paid to read it...

1) Chad and TO are gone after even Brown could see how much better Palmer played without them. Palmer will remain the franchise QB.

2) Brewski may be gone - under review. Rest of assistants probably coming back

3) No practice dome unless Marvin wins and a new CBA is arrived at - then MAY be on the table

4) No changes in Bengals scouting staff

5) Marvin brought back due to uncertainties presented by the end of the CBA and lack of opportunity for a new coach to work with the players and install his systems if there is a lockout

6) Marvin must win or he'll be gone in 1-2 years whenever his deal is actually up.

[quote name='bengalva' timestamp='1294230886' post='958538']
i am not a big mike and mike fan, but Marvin is scheduled to be on at 7:45 AM EST. I'll probably pull it up on the computer...not that he'll really say anything, but might as well listen.
[/quote]

didn't say a terribly lot. One thing he did say is that Carson is his QB, no question.

Afterward the Mikes talked at length at the difficulty of the Bengals schedule this year and how they lost a number of close games to teams in the playoffs like the stealers, ravens, falcons, saints, and also the Bucs.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1294235243' post='958563']
Tedy Bruschi never played for anyone but the Patriots.
WTF would he know anything about practice facilities and shit.
[/quote]
Uhh, he checked out the facilities before a game? He talked to Bengals players? I have been in Ohio State's training facilities 3 times in the last 5 years. Really not that hard to do. Its not like Area 51 in Nevada.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1294236094' post='958569']
Uhh, he checked out the facilities before a game? He talked to Bengals players? I have been in Ohio State's training facilities 3 times in the last 5 years. Really not that hard to do. Its not like Area 51 in Nevada.
[/quote]

I don't believe any of that. I think he is said it because he heard
that a practice facility was part of the negotiations. And used it
to bash on the "lowly" Bengals.

But, uh, believe what you want. Because, uh, I sure will.

And Brusch would have played for whoever drafted him.
Believe that.

Anyone want to guess a timetable for when we might see staff changes(hopefully Brat gone)? I would think if they are going to coach the senior bowl then those assistants (I'm assuming plural) who will not be retained will be notified this week so a search for replacements can begin.

I am not 100% convinced Brat will be canned although it seems somewhat likely. I know there are a lot of fingers crossed out there.

[quote name='Jeff Blake' timestamp='1294243644' post='958674']
Anyone want to guess a timetable for when we might see staff changes(hopefully Brat gone)? I would think if they are going to coach the senior bowl then those assistants (I'm assuming plural) who will not be retained will be notified this week so a search for replacements can begin.

I am not 100% convinced Brat will be canned although it seems somewhat likely. I know there are a lot of fingers crossed out there.
[/quote]

I'm thinking that IF Brat is gone, it will be within the next week.

[quote name='Jeff Blake' timestamp='1294243644' post='958674']

[/quote]

Joe Reedy said sometime within the next 10 days.

Also, The Phins hired Nolan a week before they coached the Senior Bowl.

Archived