Star Wars Fans

Montana Bengal

http://starwars.com/themovies/saga/preorder_bluray/index.html

[quote][b]Pre-order Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray Now![/b]

The most anticipated Blu-ray release ever -- the Star Wars Saga -- emerges from light speed this September 2011. For the first time, all six of George Lucas' epic films (Episodes I-VI) are united in one complete set. Fans worldwide are able to pre-order now with online retailers.

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will release Star Wars in three distinct sets to meet the needs of every Star Wars fan:

Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray (9-disc Set includes all six films)
Star Wars: Prequel Blu-ray Trilogy (3-disc set includes Episodes I-III)
Star Wars: Original Blu-ray Trilogy (3-disc set includes Episodes IV-VI)
Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray will feature all six live-action Star Wars feature films utilizing the highest possible picture and audio presentation, along with three additional discs and more than 30 hours of extensive special features including never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes, an exploration of the exclusive Star Wars archives, and much more.

Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray will be available for $139.99 US/$179.99 CAN and the Star Wars: Trilogy Sets for $69.99 US/89.99 CAN. Pricing for each set will vary by international territory.

Flanked by a legion of his finest Imperial stormtroopers, Darth Vader himself joined Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment President Mike Dunn at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) to announce the release, vowing "The forces of the Empire will be at your disposal to assure the success of this endeavor."

"The Star Wars Saga is the most anticipated Blu-ray collection since the launch of the high-def format," Dunn said. "The epic franchise pioneered sound and visual presentation in theaters and is perfectly suited to do it again in the home, with a viewing experience only possible with Blu-ray."

"With all six episodes available for the first time in one collection, this is a great way for families and home audiences to experience the complete Saga from start to finish," said Doug Yates, Vice President of Marketing, Online, Distribution, Lucasfilm Ltd. "And with the quality of high-definition, Blu-ray provides the most immersive home experience possible."

"The Star Wars franchise has been the most anticipated Blu-ray release by Amazon's customers," said Bill Carr, Vice President of Music and Video at Amazon.com. "We think that Star Wars will be incredibly popular with our customers, and we expect pre-orders to be very strong."

Pre-order Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray and the Star Wars: Trilogy Sets at Amazon.com today!
[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...
I can't tell if I'm a Star Wars fan or not. A Star Wars purist, perhaps? I'd consider buying Blu Ray for a three disc set of the original trilogy in theatrical release edit. No tweaking scenes or adding cgi... And that prequel trilogy was just awful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
[url="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/06/chewbacca-on-glee-star-wars_n_1131136.html"]http://www.huffingto..._n_1131136.html[/url]

[quote]

[size=5][b]Chewbacca On 'Glee': 'Star Wars' Character On Christmas Episode[/b][/size]

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, there existed a bizarre parallel universe where normally morose high schoolers instead sang and danced, expressed their feelings with music and addressed drama head on, instead of the customary passive-aggressive way...

In one of the more bizarre mashups in the show's three year history, "Glee" will feature "Star Wars" icon Chewbacca as a guest star on its special Christmas episode, which will air next Tuesday. Star Matthew Morrison, he of much less hair than Chewy, confirmed the news recently on "Jimmy Kimmel Live," when he discussed his job directing the episode.

It will be a special episode-within-an-episode, as an homage to the "Star Wars" Christmas special from decades past, Morrison revealed.

"We called up George Lucas and he gave us Chewbacca. [b]There is only one guy who can officially be Chewbaccca, and he lives in Northern California and they flew him in," Morrison said. "We had Chewbacca for the day, and it was just great, and we were all taking pictures with him. This is a guy who has been doing it for 12 years."[/b][/quote]

This shit pisses me off. There only one Chewbacca (Peter Mayhew) and he has been Chewbacca for way longer than 12 years and (googling him) he now lives in Texas.

Yeah, I kind of got shit for saying this at work this morning.

[quote name='Montana Bengal' timestamp='1323222327' post='1071901']
[url="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/06/chewbacca-on-glee-star-wars_n_1131136.html"]http://www.huffingto..._n_1131136.html[/url]

This shit pisses me off. There only one Chewbacca (Peter Mayhew) and he has been Chewbacca for way longer than 12 years and (googling him) he now lives in Texas.

Yeah, I kind of got shit for saying this at work this morning.
[/quote]

I'm just trying to figure out whether you got shit for bringing up Chewbacca or Glee.

Personally I'd give you shit for Glee...

Archived