Upcoming Movie Trailers

Bengals1181

I saw this trailer today, it seems set in Ohio using Coldwater High School and Ohio State.

[url="http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/touchback/trailers/touchback-theatrical-trailer-28464220.html"]http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/touchback/trailers/touchback-theatrical-trailer-28464220.html[/url]

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1330592766' post='1100917']
I saw this trailer today, it seems set in Ohio using Coldwater High School and Ohio State.

[url="http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/touchback/trailers/touchback-theatrical-trailer-28464220.html"]http://movies.yahoo....r-28464220.html[/url]
[/quote]

Does anyone know Coldwaters' team colors? I am curious if this is supposed to be in Ohio? The guy goes to Ohio State so I assumed so.

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1328877703' post='1095083']
NSFW (language)

God Bless America
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul4CZrnEFxU&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Maybe I'm disturbed, but this speaks to me on a spiritual level. :)
[/quote]

I have wanted to act out that last scene SOOOOO many times!!!!

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1331049472' post='1102635']
Don't waste your money on 21 Jump Street. I saw it over a month ago, it tries to be funny and it really isn't.
[/quote]

i thought it was funny, but very over the top on just about everything that they do.

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1331308839' post='1103860']

i thought it was funny, but very over the top on just about everything that they do.
[/quote]

The sad thing is this movie will make money because kids have no idea this was a series over 20 years ago and will have nothing to compare it with.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1331265636' post='1103751']
It's not the major blockbusters of the year, but March has shaped up to be a pretty big month of big-budget movies with John Carter, Hunger Games, Mirror Mirror and Wrath of the Titans.

March isn't usually that packed.
[/quote]

They're all the movies the studios think will flop with summer or winter releases, but are trying to get cheap dollars during a time when nothing else is out. They said on the news today John Carter cost $350 million to make, and couldn't even beat out a bad Dr. Seuss movie in it's second week on the screen. It grossed like $30 million, which sounds pretty bad to me.

Of the others, I think Hunger Games might do okay because everyone is reading the books. I also think Mirror Mirror might be okay because everyone already knows the story, and might be interested to see Julia Roberts play a villain... I'm holding off on Hunger games. I get a weird, Narnia, bad teen acting vibe from the previews.

I still can't believe they made a sequel to Clash of the Titans. I thought the first one was pretty bad, but what do I know? They keep giving Michael Bey money to punish me for loving Transformers as a kid.

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1331590741' post='1104635']

They're all the movies the studios think will flop with summer or winter releases, but are trying to get cheap dollars during a time when nothing else is out. They said on the news today John Carter cost $350 million to make, and couldn't even beat out a bad Dr. Seuss movie in it's second week on the screen. It grossed like $30 million, which sounds pretty bad to me.

Of the others, I think Hunger Games might do okay because everyone is reading the books. I also think Mirror Mirror might be okay because everyone already knows the story, and might be interested to see Julia Roberts play a villain... I'm holding off on Hunger games. I get a weird, Narnia, bad teen acting vibe from the previews.

I still can't believe they made a sequel to Clash of the Titans. I thought the first one was pretty bad, but what do I know? They keep giving Michael Bey money to punish me for loving Transformers as a kid.
[/quote]

I read $250 million on John Carter, but that may not include the marketing budget. It only did $30 million in the US, but did $100 million worldwide and is getting very good reviews, so word of mouth may help it.

Hunger Games has already beaten Twilight's record for advanced Ticket Sales (did it 2 weeks ago) and still has 2 more weeks before its release.

Mirror, Mirror I think will do well.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1331265636' post='1103751']
It's not the major blockbusters of the year, but March has shaped up to be a pretty big month of big-budget movies with John Carter, Hunger Games, Mirror Mirror and Wrath of the Titans.

March isn't usually that packed.
[/quote]

I [i]HATED[/i] Clash of the Titans...and yet, I kind of want to see Wrath of the Titans. I had never seen the original, but watched it with someone who was a big fan (and also hated it). To me, Clash seems pretty uneventful for a movie that was supposed to be about warring Gods. I went in expecting to basically see God of War in movie form. It ended up being really "blah". Maybe that's because they tried sticking too close to the original (although my friend didn't think so). Even the final battle with the Kraken seemed very underwhelming for me.

Every now and then, I like a movie that doesn't worry so much about plot and just strings together some kickass action sequences (Ninja [s]Gaiden[/s] Assassin being among them).

I watch the trailers for Wrath, and I feel like there's a decent chance they learned their lesson from the first one and decided to put the focus on showing off some epic battles. Or maybe I'm too gullible and just watched 90% of the action in a 2 minute trailer. Either way, I'll probably see it.

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1331653496' post='1104831']

I [i]HATED[/i] Clash of the Titans...and yet, I kind of want to see Wrath of the Titans. I had never seen the original, but watched it with someone who was a big fan (and also hated it). To me, Clash seems pretty uneventful for a movie that was supposed to be about warring Gods. I went in expecting to basically see God of War in movie form. It ended up being really "blah". Maybe that's because they tried sticking too close to the original (although my friend didn't think so). Even the final battle with the Kraken seemed very underwhelming for me.

Every now and then, I like a movie that doesn't worry so much about plot and just strings together some kickass action sequences (Ninja [s]Gaiden[/s] Assassin being among them).

I watch the trailers for Wrath, and I feel like there's a decent chance they learned their lesson from the first one and decided to put the focus on showing off some epic battles. Or maybe I'm too gullible and just watched 90% of the action in a 2 minute trailer. Either way, I'll probably see it.
[/quote]

Clash was ok, nothing special. I guess it made money though. Everyone claims they fixed the mistakes and Wrath will be better. May check it out at the cheap theatres, may just wait till DVD. We'll see, would like to see it at some point though.

Archived