Upcoming Movie Trailers

Bengals1181

[quote name='Enon Bengal' timestamp='1341600837' post='1138029']
My kids are 15 and 18 but we would have taken them if they were 5 and 8. The accents alone made it worth the price of admission, at least for me.
[/quote]

hmm ok, thanks. My kids are 5 and 3 and we're taking them next week.

why the accents, if I may ask?

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1341599321' post='1138022']
how kid friendly is it? Seems not as young kid-geared as your typical animated movie.
[/quote]

Honestly I'm not sure...there were no obviously inappropriate moments that I can recall. The kiddos should enjoy it for the most part. It is visually breath-taking. My main complaint is with the plot, which is on cruise control, and the characters, who are not very well-rounded and who behave in an unbelieveable manner (e.g., no discipline from the parents towards a spoiled brat). That last part could send a bad message to youngsters and might warrant some counseling

[spoiler]It's not OK to poison Mommy's food just because you don't agree with a decision she made. And just because things worked out in the end doesn't mean that the misbehavior will be tolerated. The message should be that the way of doing things matters just as much as the outcome.[/spoiler]

Edited to add: I don't have kids and perhaps that shows in my responses

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1341600950' post='1138031']
hmm ok, thanks. My kids are 5 and 3 and we're taking them next week.

why the accents, if I may ask?
[/quote]
The Scotish accents, over done at times, had me smiling throughout the whole movie.

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1341586365' post='1137996']
I saw "Amazing Spider-Man" as well and wasn't that impressed. I am glad I paid $6 (AMC before noon) and not the 3-D or IMAX prices (it was shot in 3-D). There was no chemistry between Emma Stone and Andrew Gar-field, but Gar-field had a better Peter Parker "look" than Tobey did. I give the script writers credit for working a different type of story than the original trilogy was and some the actions scenes were OK, but this movie just didn't wow me. I also felt the jokes that Peter is supposed to have didn't work in this edition.

"Savages" on the other hand is interesting and reminded me in terms of style of "Pulp Fiction". It will be interesting to see what the box office total is for that one this weekend.
[/quote]

Saw Savages tonight, I really liked it, it's your typical drug cartel movie, but it was good. Not sure about the Pulp Fiction thing, maybe a little. Selma Hayeck for me stole the show, she was good. Oh and Blake Lively is so damned hot.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1341626896' post='1138065']
Saw Savages tonight, I really liked it, it's your typical drug cartel movie, but it was good. Not sure about the Pulp Fiction thing, maybe a little. Selma Hayeck for me stole the show, she was good. Oh and Blake Lively is so damned hot.
[/quote]

Without saying too much, what did you think about the ending? I loved it.

[quote name='Enon Bengal' timestamp='1341602080' post='1138033']
The Scotish accents, over done at times, had me smiling throughout the whole movie.
[/quote]

One of my movie critics in DC writes reviews geared toward parents and what the age appropriateness is. Her site is www.moviemom.com. In the case of "Brave", she felt that 7 and up would be appropriate.

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1341592952' post='1138008']

* Disclaimer: I have read that some elements of Venom were based off the "Ultimate" version of him, which I've never read, but hear horrible things about.
[/quote]

Yep. the ultimate spiderman's version of Venom is that he is almost identical to Spiderman in size. I thought that they could have done a huge fight scene with Sandman while Parker was wearing the suit and ended the movie where Brock became Venom setting up for a 4th movie.

[quote name='spidey' timestamp='1341665571' post='1138089']
Yep. the ultimate spiderman's version of Venom is that he is almost identical to Spiderman in size. I thought that they could have done a huge fight scene with Sandman while Parker was wearing the suit and ended the movie where Brock became Venom setting up for a 4th movie.
[/quote]

which I actually liked. I liked that they made Brock the same size as Peter and solidly casted it with Topher Grace. Now there's other issues with the movie, but I don't think the physical depiction of Brock was one of them.

awesome:

[quote][color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica,]Michael Fassbender will star in and co-produce "Assassin's Creed," the bigscreen adaptation of Ubisoft's videogame franchise, through his DMC Film.[/font][/color][/quote]
[url="http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118056333.html?cmpid=RSS|News|FilmNews"]http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118056333.html?cmpid=RSS|News|FilmNews[/url]

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1341842895' post='1138350']
awesome:

[url="http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118056333.html?cmpid=RSS|News|FilmNews"]http://www.variety.c...S|News|FilmNews[/url]
[/quote]

Potential to be very good or complete bust of a movie. One of my fav video games, I hope they dont screw it up.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1341670405' post='1138101']
which I actually liked. I liked that they made Brock the same size as Peter and solidly casted it with Topher Grace. Now there's other issues with the movie, but I don't think the physical depiction of Brock was one of them.
[/quote]

The whole comic book storyline of Spiderman, Venom, and Carnage got confusing. But Venom was made from the space goo and Spiderman's suit, and Venom was a bad guy against Spiderman....but then came this badass named Carnage that caused Venom and Spiderman to team up. I honestly think they took on too much with Spiderman 3 trying to fit Lizardman, Sandman, and Venom all in one movie. It left characters under developed and the movie lacking substance.

Saw Ted. It was pretty good. Not hangover good though. I think the problem was that I went in expecting Hangover funny and it made it harder to laugh at some scenes. Good but not great. Looks like some good movies are on the way though from the previews.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1342155295' post='1138695']
The whole comic book storyline of Spiderman, Venom, and Carnage got confusing. But Venom was made from the space goo and Spiderman's suit, and Venom was a bad guy against Spiderman....but then came this badass named Carnage that caused Venom and Spiderman to team up. I honestly think they took on too much with Spiderman 3 trying to fit Lizardman, Sandman, and Venom all in one movie. It left characters under developed and the movie lacking substance.
[/quote]

Carnage was only the beginning. I actually used to love Carnage when I was younger...til I realized Venom had a lot more depth. But as far as complicating the symbiote storyline...it got so, so much worse. If I remember correctly (hardly guaranteed), Carnage's symbiote reproduced to make some kind of symbiote villian team made up of 5 or 6 new symbiote-inspired baddies. Spiderman and Venom teamed up to beat them. Then, there was some crazy storyline about a planet full of symbiotes, and some kind of intersteller war going on between that planet and earth.

It really just got completely out of hand after Carnage came about. Marvel saw how much Venom and Carnage helped boost sales and, as comic companies tend to do, they beat the horse well after it was dead. In fact, they may have actually given the horse a symbiote of its own to help raise it from the dead, just so they could be it to do death again.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1343703109' post='1141855']
Saw Ted tonight. I thought it was hilarious. But there was a preview for a movie called Looper that looked like it could be great.
[/quote]

I hear it was the hit of Comic-Con.

JGL is really coming on strong as an actor. He has at least 3 movies coming out this year.

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1328877703' post='1095083']
NSFW (language)

God Bless America
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul4CZrnEFxU&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Maybe I'm disturbed, but this speaks to me on a spiritual level. :)
[/quote]

I finally watched this movie, and was excited to watch it... disappoint...

Great Gatsby pushed to summer 2013:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/06/film-greatgatsby-idUSL4E8J658420120806

Aug 6 (Reuters) - The movie remake of "The Great Gatsby," starring Leonardo DiCaprio, has been moved for release to the summer of 2013 from December 2012, putting it out of contention for this year's Oscars.

Movie studio Warner Bros said on Monday it felt the latest film from Australian director Baz Luhrmann would play better in the summer, given the 3D adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's classic novel and good reactions to early sneak peeks.

"The responses we`ve had to some of the early sneak peeks have been phenomenal, and we think 'The Great Gatsby' will be the perfect summer movie around the world," Veronika Kwan Vandenberg, international distribution president for Warner Bros. said in a statement.

Warner Bros released a first official trailer for the movie in May and it was initially scheduled for release in the United States on Christmas Day, making it eligible for 2012 Academy Award consideration.

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1344288520' post='1143689']
Great Gatsby pushed to summer 2013:
[url="http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/06/film-greatgatsby-idUSL4E8J658420120806"]http://www.reuters.c...E8J658420120806[/url]

Aug 6 (Reuters) - The movie remake of "The Great Gatsby," starring Leonardo DiCaprio, has been moved for release to the summer of 2013 from December 2012, putting it out of contention for this year's Oscars.

Movie studio Warner Bros said on Monday it felt the latest film from Australian director Baz Luhrmann would play better in the summer, given the [b]3D adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's classic novel [/b]and good reactions to early sneak peeks.

"The responses we`ve had to some of the early sneak peeks have been phenomenal, and we think 'The Great Gatsby' will be the perfect summer movie around the world," Veronika Kwan Vandenberg, international distribution president for Warner Bros. said in a statement.

Warner Bros released a first official trailer for the movie in May and it was initially scheduled for release in the United States on Christmas Day, making it eligible for 2012 Academy Award consideration.
[/quote]

Why in the [b]fuck[/b] would you need 3D for Great Gatsby? :blink:

Archived