Upcoming Movie Trailers

Bengals1181

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1344288808' post='1143690']
Why in the [b]fuck[/b] would you need 3D for Great Gatsby? :blink:
[/quote]

Why do you need 3-D for all these movies it seems? Hardly any of them (conversion job or not) are worth paying the extra few bucks for.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1344310240' post='1143782']
I've yet to see any 3-D that actually adds to the movie, in fact, I typically find it a distraction in the few times I've given it a chance.
[/quote]

I thought Avatar was much better in 3D. Still the best 3D I think I have seen.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1344310952' post='1143783']
[/quote]

I would agree with this.

Still not a huge fan of 3D except in special circumstances, like Avatar, and... well... I can't think of much else...

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1344310952' post='1143783']
[/quote]

I watched it in 3D. I thought it was one of the better 3D jobs I've seen, but I don't think it added much to the movie.

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1344338353' post='1143801']
The last Harold and Kumar movie was pretty funny in 3-D.
[/quote]

lol I watched that last night. The 3D shots were completely blatant, but I got the impression that they would have come off well in 3D.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1344343448' post='1143810']
The new Spiderman in 3D was worth the 3D
[/quote]

I didn't see it in 3D, but I'd bet that this is probably one of the few movies out there where the 3D actually made the movie better.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1344343831' post='1143812']
I watched it in 3D. I thought it was one of the better 3D jobs I've seen, but I don't think it added much to the movie.
[/quote]

For me, it really brought the CG world to life.. I think it made a big difference to me as far as immersion and suspension of disbelief which aided my ability to connect with the world and the plight of it's inhabitants. When I watched it later it just seemed flat, both literally and figuratively.

Saw "For a Good Time, Call...." last night (Ari Graynor (blonde from Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist) and Lauren Miller start) in which the ladies, the co-writer of the movie, and producer did a Q & A after. Nothing groundbreaking, but at least it is something different in terms of what Hollywood has put out recently. There are some laughs in there, and I was hoping it would push the MPAA envelope a little more, but not really. It comes out August 31st.

Has anyone seen "Moonrise Kingdom"? This movie will get Oscar buzz without question. It has been in limited release for months and has done very well at the box office (40 million to date).

Prometheus in 3d was the shit. There are a couple of scenes that I can't imagine being anywhere near as impressive without 3d. If you've seen it you can probably guess which ones. Also I may have caught a matinee, but I don't think it was any more expensive than the "regular" showing.

Great Gatsby is a totally different story, obviously, and I can see how the 3D isn't really necessary. Then again, neither is color film as far as that goes.

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1344481792' post='1144183']
Prometheus in 3d was the shit. There are a couple of scenes that I can't imagine being anywhere near as impressive without 3d. If you've seen it you can probably guess which ones. Also I may have caught a matinee, but I don't think it was any more expensive than the "regular" showing.

Great Gatsby is a totally different story, obviously, and I can see how the 3D isn't really necessary. Then again, neither is color film as far as that goes.
[/quote]

I paid $10 for Prometheus 3-D and it was worth it. This was a before noon showing on a Saturday at an AMC Theaters in the DC area. I think that is as cheap as 3-D prices get.

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1344526095' post='1144284']
I paid $10 for Prometheus 3-D and it was worth it. This was a before noon showing on a Saturday at an AMC Theaters in the DC area. I think that is as cheap as 3-D prices get.
[/quote]

A theater here does $6 for anything all day Tuesday, including 3D. Another theater has $5 Tuesday but charges extra for 3D. I'm the type that may actually pay more for a movie to not be in 3D. I find it annoying and distracting.

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1344528593' post='1144293']
A theater here does $6 for anything all day Tuesday, including 3D. Another theater has $5 Tuesday but charges extra for 3D. I'm the type that may actually pay more for a movie to not be in 3D. I find it annoying and distracting.
[/quote]

yea quite a few of the Rave theaters in SWO have $5 Tuesdays.

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1344528593' post='1144293']
[/quote]

I wear contacts and nearly every 3-D movie (conversion or real) that I have watches dries my eyes out so bad that I say, forget this, and watch the movie w/out the glasses.

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1344540744' post='1144324']
I wear contacts and nearly every 3-D movie (conversion or real) that I have watches dries my eyes out so bad that I say, forget this, and watch the movie w/out the glasses.
[/quote]

Get Lasick surgery problem solved!

This got made like 2 years ago but got pushed back because of controversy about China being the bad guy (its now North Korea).

Ironically, its good for the film as many of the main cast are now big stars.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW7TsZmFVTQ&feature=player_embedded#!"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW7TsZmFVTQ&feature=player_embedded#![/url]

Looks like a really good re-make, other than Chris Hemsworth's American Accent (assuming he's American born in the film, which I would think he is).

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1344630524' post='1144552']
This got made like 2 years ago but got pushed back [b]because of controversy about China being the bad guy (its now North Korea).[/b]

Ironically, its good for the film as many of the main cast are now big stars.

[media][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW7TsZmFVTQ&feature=player_embedded#[/media]![/media]

Looks like a really good re-make, other than Chris Hemsworth's American Accent (assuming he's American born in the film, which I would think he is).
[/quote]

I guess I understand why, but it's kind of lame, because being invaded by N.Korea is so far fetched it will make it harder for me to suspend disbelief. Yes, It's even more implausible than the super weapon they supposedly do it with.

Archived