Upcoming Movie Trailers

Bengals1181

Saw the new Borne, it was decent but it was a bit disjointed in that they were trying to tell the story of what happened with Borne at the same time as telling the Cross story, but didnt connect them at all in this film, which means I'm sure another will be coming but because they didnt connect them in this one, the movie comes across as disjointed.

• 2 weeks later...

I've kicking around the idea for awhile to write a movie treatment about the USS Indianapolis. The USS Indianapolis was made famous in the movie Jaws when the ship captain told his story of being a shipman on it. Well I started to do some research and found a lot of cool facts, but unfortunately I also found out Robert Downey Jr. and his wife are in the process of making the movie.

:1018:

• 1 month later...
[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1351001690' post='1173972']
I'm very interested to see how the Mandarin translates to the big screen.
[/quote]

looks like they are making him more realistic. Read this yesterday.

[quote

[font=arial][size=3][url="http://marvel.com/universe/Mandarin"]In the comic books[/url], The Mandarin was a Chinese exile who ventures into a remote, forbidden valley and discovers a crashed alien spaceship. Inside the ship are ten rings, each with a different power, which allow him to seek revenge on a world he considers unjust.
But this version of The Mandarin will not follow that same backstory, said Kevin Feige, the president of Marvel Studios. Don’t expect aliens, even though [i]The Avengers[/i] and [i]Thor[/i] opened up this unified cinematic world to the presence of extra-terrestrials.
[i]Iron Man 3[/i] will be more about a clash of technology, Feige says and those who have been paying close attention to the previous two films know that The Ten Rings is a term for the terrorist group that [url="http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120529141403/marvel-cinematic-universe/images/2/2d/Tony_captured.png"]kidnapped Tony Stark in the first movie[/url], and gave the villain Whiplash some assistance in the sequel.
In that way, The Mandarin (who for a time was going to be the main villain in the first film) has been a part of the Iron Man series from the beginning, albeit as the off-screen manipulator.
“A lot of this movie is about characters going back into the shadows for various reasons and characters who have been in the shadows coming out and into the light for the first time,” Feige says. “It is Tony who, for various reasons, finds himself receding into the darkness. I don’t mean emotional darkness, I mean literally ducking out of the spotlight. And we’ll see other characters stepping up who have pulled strings from the background, starting to show their hand.”[/size][/font]

[font=arial][size=3]Kingsley is not, of course, Chinese, but Feige says they wanted to blur the background of this version of The Mandarin. “It’s less about his specific ethnicity than the symbolism of various cultures and iconography that he perverts for his own end,” Feige says. From his samurai hair, to his royal robe, to his bin Laden-esque beard, and the AK-47 he keeps at his side, Kingsley’s interpretation is a hodgepodge of various warrior motifs.
In his attempt to rid the world of its oppressors by replacing them, The Mandarin considers himself a twisted version of absolute good.[/size][/font]
[font=arial]“Don’t all good villains?” says Feige.[/font][/quote]

[url="http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/10/22/iron-man-3-the-mandarin-first-look/"]http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/10/22/iron-man-3-the-mandarin-first-look/[/url]

Yeah I read on Yahoo that instead of him being an Asian version of a Bad Batman, they are trying to make him multi-cultural.

The trailer makes it seem as if the suit comes to life itself. I wonder if War machine makes another appearance in this movie.

*Spoiler Alert* He does I looked it up on IMDB and list Don Cheadle as Rhodes and War Machine.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1351011950' post='1174004']
Yeah I read on Yahoo that instead of him being an Asian version of a Bad Batman, they are trying to make him multi-cultural.

The trailer makes it seem as if the suit comes to life itself. I wonder if War machine makes another appearance in this movie.

*Spoiler Alert* He does I looked it up on IMDB and list Don Cheadle as Rhodes and War Machine.
[/quote]

I'm a little worried about the suit coming to life, thing. I know comic books are all about the cliches, but I find the old "Superhero fights his doppleganger" scenario a little tired and uninteresting.

I loved the first Iron Man, but my stomach turned a little bit when Iron Man told Pepper to overload the reactor. I mean, seriously? Overload the reactor? That ranks right up there with "Reverse Polarities!" as far as cheap superhero solutions go.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1352905041' post='1180680']
I saw the new James Bond "Skyfall" last night. I realize I'm going to be in the minority here, but I wasn't impressed and got bored at parts.
[/quote]

Overhyped. When I heard "Best Bond Ever" I decided to see it. It's not bad, but it doesn't really break any new ground and feels like a rehashed standard storyline.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1354212715' post='1186243']
Andy Serkis, the man behind Gollum, King Kong, and Caesar from Planet of the Apes, is producing, directing and acting in a film adaptation of the famous George Orwell book "Animal Farm."

Really curious to see how that will come off.
[/quote]

One of my favorite books...

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1354216301' post='1186262']
One of my favorite books...
[/quote]

it was one of my favorites in school. Curious to see how they do it. They can't really make it for a young crowd, and you don't typically see animated movies made specifically for the teen/adult crowd.

Archived