Upcoming Movie Trailers

Bengals1181

as I understand it, if you liked the first 3, you'll love this one.  If you didn't like the first 3, you won't like this one.

Never understood the major complaints with the franchise.  It's not meant to be MacBeth.  They're supposed to be fun summer action flicks.

Outside of maybe the last 45 minutes of the 2nd movie, IMO the franchise has been top notch in its genre.

One of my critic friends liked 1 and 3, and dis liked 2.  He went 2 out of 5 on this, product placement and run time was his biggest issue. He also said the plot is confusing and hard to follow, and he saw it twice. 

One of my critic friends liked 1 and 3, and dis liked 2.  He went 2 out of 5 on this, product placement and run time was his biggest issue. He also said the plot is confusing and hard to follow, and he saw it twice. 

similar to what I've heard.

1 probably tops the list because of how groundbreaking it was, but 3 honestly may be the stronger movie IMO.  

As far as #2, its a shame the writer's strike happened (and man that writer's strike messed with so many movies and shows).  The first hour and a half of #2 is one of the best action films I had ever seen up to date.  Right after Optimus died though the plot slowed down and the badass action film turned into a comedy.  

I thought it was pretty good.  Don't know where it would rank among the 4 as I've seen the others so many times now.  This one had great action as the all do, but it didn't quite feel the same without Josh Duhamel and Tyrese.  There's less comedy in this one, but the comedy that is there falls a little more flat than the last films IMO.  Just a handful of jokes throughout the film that I don't think anyone laughed at.

The new human cast for the most part is an upgrade.  Once you get past the premise of Mark Wahlberg as a robotics inventor.  Wahlberg, Kelsey Grammer, Stanley Tucci, TItus Welliver, Nicola Peltz and Bingbing Li are all solid additions. 

They also were smart in adding recognizable robot voices in Ken Watanabe and John Goodman, who was one of the highlights of the film.  Goodman and Tucci carry the film as far as successful comedy goes.  

As for the critics complaints that "the plot was a mess", I question their ability to follow a story.  There was a bunch going on, but it wasn't that confusing and it all tied in.

-Human family finds Optimus, who's been on the run for 5 years.

-CIA Black Ops Team, led by Grammer, have been hunting both Autobots and Decepticons for those 5 years.

-Human company led by Tucci has been buying scraps of the robots to reverse-engineer their own Transformers

-Decepticon Bounty Hunter is hunting Optimus Prime

- Grammer has deal with the Bounty Hunter to help catch Prime in exchange for a device that will create more Transformer metal, which he has a deal in place to sell to Tucci.

I question movie critics who can't follow that.  

As for appropriateness for kids for those out there debating it, I counted one fuck, 1-2 shit's, lots of violence and guns of course, and one human even gets Pompeiied by a bomb (think charred half stone on fire).  Something similar to this: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FkLRf2.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.neogaf.com%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D430932&h=323&w=800&tbnid=4M7GQWc242Gj2M%3A&zoom=1&docid=i1gWqXpwBTPjsM&ei=AQawU7S1GqbesAT0yIGoCw&tbm=isch&ved=0CFMQMygsMCw&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=566&page=4&start=34&ndsp=14

There was a group of 7-8 year olds who ere there.  I wouldn't take anyone under 10, but that's me.

I second 1181. I don't really understand the hate. I enjoyed the film quite a bit. Lots of action. Lots of transformers screen time and I loved the dinobots.

For only hearing his voice, Goodman kinda steals the show.

It is on the long side but you don't FEEL it, if that makes any sense.

Also echo 1181 about Wahlberg as the smart geeky type. When I see him I think brawn, not brains.

Maleficent is really good. I liked it a lot. 

I took my daughter to see it last weekend.  She really liked it.  It's not going to blow you away, but I thought it was pretty good and put an interesting twist on what may have been going on behind the scenes of the traditional tale everyone knows.

It could have benefited from maybe 10 more minutes and a little more beef on it, but I get why they wanted to keep it short for kids.

I took my daughter to see it last weekend.  She really liked it.  It's not going to blow you away, but I thought it was pretty good and put an interesting twist on what may have been going on behind the scenes of the traditional tale everyone knows.

It could have benefited from maybe 10 more minutes and a little more beef on it, but I get why they wanted to keep it short for kids.

Dont have kids so its not a big deal, but from the ads it looked a little dark. Not too dark for kids?

Dont have kids so its not a big deal, but from the ads it looked a little dark. Not too dark for kids?

Less scary than I expected considering Maleficent is considered the scariest Disney villain. I'd say 6 and up?

Arguably less scary than the animated version of Maleficent.

I haven't seen that one yet.  I hear its the surprise movie of the year.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is getting amazing reviews.  Looking forward to that.

Read one review that said, paraphrasing, "Dawn is to Rise (of the planet of the apes) what The Empire Strikes Back was to Star Wars."

Saw "Edge of Tomorrow", was worried it would drag with all the repeating things but the pacing is really good.

I kind of want to see it, but I'm not a Tom Cruise fan at all. Anyone else and it would be on my must see list.

My soon to be twenty-one year old daughter wanted to see How to Train Your Dragon 2. I can honestly say it's one of the better movies I've seen in a long time.

I took my 4 1/2 year old to this and she liked it for the most part.  (She did have a cold and was kind of out of it 1/2 through).  She keeps telling mom that she got to go see it...so it must have been a success.  

How old is your daughter? We keep debating on taking our 4 1/2 year old.

it is crazy to me.  Seems like the transformers movies (even if they don't get great reviews) bring in the bucks.  Looks like 100 million in the states for the opening weekend.  it did about 90 million in China (which is a record there).

first 3 combined for $2.27 Billion.  The fourth one is looking like it will add another $700M to that total.

How old is your daughter? We keep debating on taking our 4 1/2 year old.

she'll be 7 in a couple weeks, and in general is mature for her age.

I wouldn't take anyone that young, but that's me.  I saw kids that young watching Humans blow up in Transformers Friday.

And dang, your kid is 4 already?

she'll be 7 in a couple weeks, and in general is mature for her age.

I wouldn't take anyone that young, but that's me.  I saw kids that young watching Humans blow up in Transformers Friday.

And dang, your kid is 4 already?

She is actually going to be 5 in two weeks.  We are in TROUBLE as well.  I know I'm biased, but she is a sharp little kid.

Archived