Upcoming Movie Trailers

Bengals1181

http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/theater-surprises-guardians-of-the-galaxy-fans-with-wrong-guardians-movie-1201274008/

Fans of “Guardians of the Galaxy” were surprised to find themselves watching “Rise of the Guardians” instead of the new Marvel film Thursday night.

Regal Entertainment Group remained silent on its mishap, which caught moviegoers at two different theaters by surprise when they saw “Rise of the Guardians,” the 2012 animated feature from DreamWorks Animation, rather than “Guardians of the Galaxy,” the new superhero film featuring Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldana, on the bigscreen. Regal did not respond to several requests for comment, however produced a mea culpa on Twitter, apologizing to one fan who called the company out on social media.

That's kinda what GOTG is though. Off beat just weird stuff. The tone is spot on from the comics. Everybody is a goober but for some reason they have to save the day.

I felt like the dance off had potential to miss but I liked it regardless.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/08/batman-v-superman-new-release-date-warner-bros-dc/

Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice has been moved up on the release date schedule from May 2016 to March 25, 2016. The move is part of Warner Bros’ road map for its DC franchises with dates just announced for nine untitled DC pics as well as two “untitled WB event film” slots that take the DC Comics series of movies into 2020. Somewhere in there will by the already announced Justice League tentpole, the superhero mash-up that will be WB’s answer to Marvel’s Avengers juggernaut. The release strategy for the DC titles calls for two pics in 2016 and 2017, bumping up to three in 2018, two more in 2019 and three in 2020.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Confirms-Terminator-5-Title-Terminator-Genesys-453892.shtml

The fifth, long delayed and much anticipated “Terminator” movie is finally coming out in July 2015, and yes, Arnold Schwarzenegger is also coming back. However, contrary to the belief that it will be called “Terminator Genesis,” its actual title is “Terminator Genisys.”

The announcement comes straight from Schwarzenegger’s Instagram and has been confirmed by Paramount Pictures on social media: this is actually what the movie will be called.

Before you say that changing a couple of letters in Genesis and basically inventing a new word still doesn’t make the title too original, we should note that buzz online has it that the title probably serves a double purpose: that of indicating that this is a reboot of the “Terminator” franchise and of referring to some program developed by Skynet, which will probably be used in an attempt to kill all humans.

That’s just speculation for the time being. Here’s what Arnold said about the production, which wrapped just recently.

caught it last night.  Very good, though I think it had almost TOO much humor.  Particularly, I think the "Dance Off" missed the mark for me.  It was funny of course, but not how I'd like to see that scene resolved.

The dance off didn't work at all.  Plus, the 80's reference (which I get was part of the plot) is going to go over a kids head, but was funny.  Most of the jokes overall didn't work though.

The end of credits scene, that was worth waiting for.  

I didn't see it in IMAX or 3-D (3-D dries my eyes out).  

The dance off didn't work at all.  Plus, the 80's reference (which I get was part of the plot) is going to go over a kids head, but was funny.  Most of the jokes overall didn't work though.

The end of credits scene, that was worth waiting for.  

I didn't see it in IMAX or 3-D (3-D dries my eyes out).  

I saw it again a few days ago and the Dance Off worked a lot better IMO.  I still wish they gave Ronan a little more beef though.  Lee Pace killed the role, but I don't think they did as much with the character as they could have.  

The 80's references were great, and some of the funniest moments of the movie.  They weren't in there for kids, they were in their for the adults, as was the end credits (the teenagers in front of me didn't get the end scene at all).  

I can't think of any jokes that didn't work.  My wife, who's not all that into the genre, just last night said to me "It's Real!" "I have PART of a plan" can also often be heard in my household. 

One of the few things I'd complain about is that 2-3 of the jokes I wouldn't let my kids hear, which probably keeps me from letting them see it in theaters.

And the soundtrack...I can't get that thing out of my head.

tumblr_n9m5zo9iH31qd2a02o1_250.gif?9098e

• 2 weeks later...

My 18 year old saw it over the weekend with some friends, said it was the dumbest movie he's ever seen...

Quoting yourself is kinda gay but my daughter wanted to see GotG so went and saw it this afternoon. This is a really good movie. I don't know what my 18 year old didn't like about it...

Quoting yourself is kinda gay but my daughter wanted to see GotG so went and saw it this afternoon. This is a really good movie. I don't know what my 18 year old didn't like about it...

my kids are hooked on the soundtrack...and honestly I am too.  We listen to it on the way to soccer practice to get them pumped up.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, Hollywood is really out of ideas, again.  

I remember seeing this in the theaters and Jamie kept saying, never trust a Gordon's fisherman.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/sony-to-reboot-i-know-what-you-did-last-summer-1201306127/

Sony Pictures has tapped “Oculus” director Mike Flanagan to reboot “I Know What You Did Last Summer.”

Sony-based Neil Moritz, who produced the 1997 title starring Jennifer Love Hewitt, is on board to produce the reboot through his Original Film banner. Flanagan will co-write the script with Jeff Howard.

“I Know What You Did Last Summer” was based on the 1973 novel of the same name by Lois Duncan and also starred Sarah Michelle Gellar, Ryan Phillippe and Freddie Prinze Jr. in a story of four friends being stalked by a killer a year after covering up a car accident. The film was directed by Jim Gillespie, from a screenplay by Kevin Williamson.

The original grossed $125 million in worldwide box office. The 1998 sequel “I Still Know What You Did Last Summer” grossed $84 million.

Well, Hollywood is really out of ideas, again.  

I remember seeing this in the theaters and Jamie kept saying, never trust a Gordon's fisherman.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/sony-to-reboot-i-know-what-you-did-last-summer-1201306127/

Sony Pictures has tapped “Oculus” director Mike Flanagan to reboot “I Know What You Did Last Summer.”

Sony-based Neil Moritz, who produced the 1997 title starring Jennifer Love Hewitt, is on board to produce the reboot through his Original Film banner. Flanagan will co-write the script with Jeff Howard.

“I Know What You Did Last Summer” was based on the 1973 novel of the same name by Lois Duncan and also starred Sarah Michelle Gellar, Ryan Phillippe and Freddie Prinze Jr. in a story of four friends being stalked by a killer a year after covering up a car accident. The film was directed by Jim Gillespie, from a screenplay by Kevin Williamson.

The original grossed $125 million in worldwide box office. The 1998 sequel “I Still Know What You Did Last Summer” grossed $84 million.

really? 

i mean i liked it but dont really think its a movie that id reboot either

• 2 weeks later...

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/09/25/bill-ted-3-update/

In an interview with Yahoo, Alex Winter finally gave an update on the long journey to a third feature film in theBill & Ted franchise. A 23-year journey, to be exact. Winter played Bill S. Preston Esq. in the original 1989 science fiction comedy Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure and the sequel Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey two years later in 1991 opposite Keanu Reeves as Ted “Theodore” Logan. Now, everyone’s favorite time traveling slackers have gotten a little older.

“[Bill & Ted] will be 40-something and it’s all about Bill and Ted grown up, or not grown up,” Winter said. “It’s really sweet and really f—ing funny. But it’s a Bill & Ted movie, that’s what it is. It’s for the fans of Bill & Ted. It fits very neatly in the [series]. It’s not going to feel like a reboot. The conceit is really funny: What if you’re middle-aged, haven’t really grown up and you’re supposed to have saved the world and maybe, just maybe, you kinda haven’t?” In addition to the two films, the Bill & Ted franchise includes two television adaptations both titled Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventures, one animated and one live action. Both Winter and Reeves haven’t reprised their respective roles since proving the voice for their cartoon characters in one season of the series in 1990, right before the first sequel was made.

Archived