Upcoming Movie Trailers

Bengals1181

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/23/paranormal-activity-franchise-will-end-this-year

Paranormal Activity opened in 2009. It made $107 million at the domestic box office—coincidentally, exactly as much as the same year’s Watchmen. Except Watchmen cost $130 million and Paranormal Activity cost roughly as much as that night last month when you took your spouse out for a nice dinner. Oren Peli’s found-footage horror film was a terrifying lo-fi sensation—and the Paranormal Activity series took over from the fading Saw franchise as the annual Halloween horror saga, with Paranormals 2-4 following each ensuing October.

But after 3 grossed $207 million globally, the franchise dropped off in quality and commercial appeal. (Last year’s spinoff The Marked Ones grossed a mere $32 million.) So it makes sense that, in a new interview with USA Today, producer Jason Blum announces that this October’s Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension will end the saga of the scary house sounds captured on various forms of video by various insomniac suburbanites. “This is it, the finale,” says Blum. “We’re not going to grind this horror franchise into the ground.”

Blum promises that The Ghost Dimension will answer all your lingering questions from the previous Paranormal films, like “Where did Toby the Demon come from?” and “Yeah, did you know that the bad guy in these movies is a demon named Toby?” Ghost Dimension will be in 3D. And lest you think that this is all just some sort of publicity ploy before the inevitable franchise reboot, Blum has a clear-cut statement to offer you: “At some point, might there be a reboot? You never know. We’ve never discussed it.” (There will be. You do know. They have.)

• 2 weeks later...

I found it very entertaining.  A LOT of action, and a good deal of humor.

There is one major plot twist that "purists" may not like, but I was thoroughly entertained.

I'm always a fan of 2 hours of shit blowing up. Hell, I sat through San Andreas, :lol:

Anyone seen the Minions movie yet? I'll admit it, I want to see it. I may have to borrow someone's kids to take though...

saw it yesterday.  Kids will like it. It was good if you liked the first two movies, but I'm not huge into the Despicable Me movies.  Certainly wasn't bad, but its not going to be confused with the upper echelon of animated movies.

Archived