Upcoming Movie Trailers

Bengals1181

I saw it last night with a bunch of drunk Bavarians sitting behind us.  Every time Arnold opened his mouth they laughed their asses off, despite the fact that when they speak English it didn't sound much better.

I enjoyed the movie more than any of the Transformers movies (an example of movies with plenty of action but not much plot), but T1 and T2 were better.

Emila Clarke does not get nekkid unfortunately.

I saw it last night with a bunch of drunk Bavarians sitting behind us.  Every time Arnold opened his mouth they laughed their asses off, despite the fact that when they speak English it didn't sound much better.

I enjoyed the movie more than any of the Transformers movies (an example of movies with plenty of action but not much plot), but T1 and T2 were better.

Emila Clarke does not get nekkid unfortunately.

Well, she does, but we don't see anything.

I really liked Pixels. 

We have a cinema here that shows movies for $3. They only show one movie

and it takes a few weeks for movies to make it there. And it is still stuck in the 1950s. But $3!

There is another place that charges $6 for matinees.

• 4 weeks later...

Captain America: Civil War photos and footage have been leaking all week.

Looking like:

Captain America/Falcon/Winter Soldier/Hawkeye/Scarlet Witch/Ant-Man/Sharon Carter

vs

Iron Man/War Machine/The Vision/Black Panther/Black Widow

Maria Hill likely siding with Iron Man, and Spider-Man somewhere in the mix.

ezgif-337017166.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

still much to come this year, but wanted to do this as a year to date:

Favorite Movie of the Year: Avengers: Age of Ultron

Best Action Movie of the Year: Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation

Best Drama of the Year: The Martian (might also be the funniest movie of the year)

Pleasant Surprise of the Year: The Gift

Biggest Surprise of the year: Jurrasic World smashing box office records

Best Comedy of the Year: Vacation (Spy or Trainwreck would probably take this if I'd seen them yet)

Best Movie of the year you've never heard of:  The Loft

Best Animated Movie of the Year: Inside Out

Biggest Disappointment of the Year: Fantastic Four.  I guess?  I actually don't think it was that bad, but I haven't really seen any disappointing movies this year.

Best Movies still to come you're looking forward to:  Mockingjay 2, Pan, Creed, The Force Awakens

Feel free to add your own categories.

still much to come this year, but wanted to do this as a year to date:

Favorite Movie of the Year: Avengers: Age of Ultron

Best Action Movie of the Year: Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation

Best Drama of the Year: The Martian (might also be the funniest movie of the year)

Pleasant Surprise of the Year: The Gift

Biggest Surprise of the year: Jurrasic World smashing box office records

Best Comedy of the Year: Vacation (Spy or Trainwreck would probably take this if I'd seen them yet)

Best Movie of the year you've never heard of:  The Loft

Best Animated Movie of the Year: Inside Out

Biggest Disappointment of the Year: Fantastic Four.  I guess?  I actually don't think it was that bad, but I haven't really seen any disappointing movies this year.

Best Movies still to come you're looking forward to:  Mockingjay 2, Pan, Creed, The Force Awakens

Favorite Movie of the Year: Avengers: Age of Ultron

Best Action Movie of the Year: Maze Runner - The Scorch Trials

Best Drama of the Year: The Martian 

Pleasant Surprise of the Year: Dont really have one

Biggest Surprise of the year: That I didn't completely hate Ant-Man 

Best Comedy of the Year: Ted 2

Best Movie of the year you've never heard of:  Dont really have one

Best Animated Movie of the Year: Minions

Biggest Disappointment of the Year: Jupiter Acending 

Best Movies still to come you're looking forward to:  Mockingjay 2, Pan, Creed, The Force Awakens, Steve Jobs, Bridge of Spies, Truth, The Last Witch Hunter, Spectre, Concussion

Honorable Mentions of Movies I liked that didn't fit into any of these categories: Focus, Furious 7, Ex-Machina, Mad Max - Fury Road, Pitch Perfect 2 (though not as good as the first), Jurassic World, Mission Impossible Rogue Nation, Straight Outta Compton

I'll bet this is great.. looks like it anyway..... The book is amazing and Watney(the main character) is hilarious...I can't wait to see this.. Waiting on the girlfriend to finish reading it..

I'll bet this is great.. looks like it anyway..... The book is amazing and Watney(the main character) is hilarious...I can't wait to see this.. Waiting on the girlfriend to finish reading it..

It was pretty good. I found myself even though I knew what the outcome was gonna be on the edge of my seat hoping they would get him. 

Saw "Pan" last night.

Curious what others thought of this...

Hidden Content

saw it yesterday, really liked it.  Thought there were a few things I wish they had done better, but it was very very solid IMO.

Your hidden comment, as well as the other one they used, would be one of my few complaints.  It wasn't "bad", it just didn't fit given that it was the 1940's, well before the existence of both items in question.  I had heard last week that it was in the film, so I knew it was coming, but it still didn't quite work for me.  I would have preferred an original creation there.

saw it yesterday, really liked it.  Thought there were a few things I wish they had done better, but it was very very solid IMO.

Your hidden comment, as well as the other one they used, would be one of my few complaints.  It wasn't "bad", it just didn't fit given that it was the 1940's, well before the existence of both items in question.  I had heard last week that it was in the film, so I knew it was coming, but it still didn't quite work for me.  I would have preferred an original creation there.

I liked it too, I thought the hidden comment worked, but agree with ChicagoBengal who said on my FB it was mildly distracting.  What did you think they could have done better?

I liked it too, I thought the hidden comment worked, but agree with ChicagoBengal who said on my FB it was mildly distracting.  What did you think they could have done better?

yea I just think those two moments took you out of the movie for a second, because in that world they didn't technically exist yet.  

Other than that, I just would have liked the bad guys to be a little more menacing, but I get it that its a movie in part for kids.  Same with the pirates "guns".

Only other complaint is that Garrett Hedlund, who I liked as Hook, overacted a little bit at times.

What were the differences?

just that the pirates were too menacing from one video I saw, which referenced this interview:

I get it. Did you learn anything from the first tests screenings where people don’t know you and are willing to say…?

WRIGHT: Yeah, very much so.

And did that impact the final release?

WRIGHT: Yeah, certainly.

What were some of those things?

WRIGHT: The film was a lot more scary and had some more violence in it when I took it to the first test screening, and even before the film started I walked into the cinema and saw these kind of expectant, happy, shiny faces and realized I was about to do something very bad [Laughs] and sort of scare them. And so even then I knew we had to tone down the violence and the intensity, which we did, and reached a level we felt was appropriate for kind of 6 [year olds] and over.

http://collider.com/joe-wright-talks-pan-3d-superhero-movies/

Archived