Upcoming Movie Trailers

Bengals1181

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1306094316' post='994114']
So I guess that isn't a prereq for liking these movies....
[/quote]

not really. Most of them do a good job of giving you backstory at the beginning of the first films. They've obviously not making these movies just for the comic book fans. They want them to appeal to the masses.

My main source as a kid was the Xmen animated series, and to a lesser extent Spiderman.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1307212298' post='996011']
saw X-Men: First Class today. GREAT movie. Easily up there with Batman Begins, though not quite on par with The Dark Knight as far as comic book movies go.

4.5/5 Stars
[/quote]
We seem to be on the same movie schedule.

The Real 3D is very well done. No, we did not stay for after the credits of Thor.

[spoiler]There was a good cameo I was fully expecting in X-Men.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1307220520' post='996019']
Did you not catch the second cameo Jason?

Oh yea, and FYI there is no scene after the credits in X-Men.
[/quote]
[spoiler]I saw wolverine, and that was the one I expected I did not see Stan Lee. [/spoiler]

Were you referring to a different one? And yeah, I stayed after the credits for X-Men.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1307223365' post='996022']
[spoiler]I saw wolverine, and that was the one I expected I did not see Stan Lee. [/spoiler]

Were you referring to a different one? And yeah, I stayed after the credits for X-Men.
[/quote]

no, Stan Lee doesn't have a cameo

I was referring to:

[spoiler] When Mystique is in bed and Erik says "maybe when you're older", she morphs into Rebecca Romjin. You can see it again here. http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=38672

[/spoiler]

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1307231047' post='996033']
no, Stan Lee doesn't have a cameo

I was referring to:

[spoiler] When Mystique is in bed and Erik says "maybe when you're older", she morphs into Rebecca Romjin. You can see it again here. http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=38672

[/spoiler]
[/quote]
[spoiler]I noticed she changed to someone different but didn't recognize her as Rebecca.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1307232173' post='996038']
[spoiler]I noticed she changed to someone different but didn't recognize her as Rebecca.[/spoiler]
[/quote]

Neither did I. Completely missed it...

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1307643615' post='996725']
saw Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides today.

Good, but not nearly on the level of the other 3.
[/quote]

We will be seeing that one soon. Possibly this weekend.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1307212298' post='996011']
saw X-Men: First Class today. GREAT movie. Easily up there with Batman Begins, though not quite on par with The Dark Knight as far as comic book movies go. Those 3 lead the pack IMO.

4.5/5 Stars
[/quote]

Really? I had read critics blasting it, might change my mind about seeing it now.

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1307650073' post='996756']
Really? I had read critics blasting it, might change my mind about seeing it now.
[/quote]

hmm not sure what critics you've read, its gotten rave reviews from the critics I've seen.

Damn Jamie, I completely missed the 2nd cameo in X-Men. The first one was funny as hell though. People told me about the 2nd cameo after the fact so I know what it is now.

I saw "Friends with Benefits" last night in DC, comes out July 22nd. This is the Justin Timberlake/Mila Kunis flick. It has some funny moments, way too much male nudity, and is pretty predictable. The music was good though, only because of one song from 1990 that I remembered very well.

It's worth a matinee price viewing.

apparently there was an after credits scene with on stranger tides that I missed. Here it is if anyone else missed it

Spoilers!

Edit: WTH, apparently just posting a youtube link embeds the video now. Site upgrade? Anywho, I don't want to spoil people by embedding it, but you can find it on youtube.

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1307650073' post='996756']
[/quote]
Critics like slow, boring dramas.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1307659815' post='996776']
Critics like slow, boring dramas.
[/quote]

one thing I've learned is that critics aren't accurate.

Whether its a movie or tv show, you're hearing the opinion of someone who's only there because its their job to be there. It's not something they're watching because they are interested in and want to be watching it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived