Carson Wants Out

[quote name='bengals8580' timestamp='1295809081' post='964088']
Ya fuck him for wanting to make the best of his career instead of rotting in cincinnati, getting hit on damn near every play. Sorry fuck the bengals on this 1. Another career ruined by the curse that is the bengals.
[/quote]

+1

[quote name='bengals8580' timestamp='1295809081' post='964088']
Ya fuck him for wanting to make the best of his career instead of rotting in cincinnati, getting hit on damn near every play. Sorry fuck the bengals on this 1. Another career ruined by the curse that is the bengals.
[/quote]

fuck what HE wants. let the son of a bitch go ahead and retire. you seem to forget how he got so financially secure to be able to make such a pronouncement. getting hit on every play my ass. he's a pussy. i'd tell him to go find his new team, and while you're talking to them relate that mike brown and the bengals expect to be compensated in kind for a $118M player. otherwise, he's playing for us, or sitting on his worthless ass for 3 years.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' timestamp='1295808952' post='964084']
If true, yet another player wanting out of Cincinnati during MB's tenure as GM.

MB as the true cancer of this organization can no longer be denied!
[/quote]

Cost of free agents just went up .

[quote name='Farbeyonddriven' timestamp='1295809623' post='964103']
Didn't see this coming. Oh well, if someone doesn't want to be here, then adios! *cough*Corey Dillon*cough* [b]If the Seahawks get him, then let's grab up Hasslebeck.[/b]
[/quote]

pass.. I would rather draft a QB then have a piece of shit like that...

[quote name='spicoli-2' timestamp='1295809691' post='964107']
and how would that differentiate it from any other season during the Mike Brown era?
[/quote]

LOL true. Under Palmer, we've always had a good shot at mediocrity though (aka Bengals' version of success). I'm not the biggest Palmer fan (he's contract is fucking ridiculous), but he's a better option than anything else out there right now.

I just pray we don't draft Cam Newton. It'd be like going back to 1999 and living through the Akili Smith debacle all over again.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1295808903' post='964083']
fuck him. he just became the enemy.
[/quote]

What the hell? Carson gave his heart and soul to the Bengals.

If this is true, FUCK YOU MIKE BROWN. I've never said that before but this deserves it (if true).

How can anyone side with the Cincinnati Bengals corporation led by Mike fucking Brown over Carson Palmer?

Bengaled is a moron. The guy had put his blood, sweat, and tears out there for this team. Its not about the money. Obviously. If it was, he'd be quiet and get ready for next season. He want to win and wants to be part of an organization that wants to win. Simple as that. You're so blind to the fact that this organization doesn't care about winning that when the fuckin face of te organization even states it, you ignore him. Don't be stupid

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1295809476' post='964099']
He's not the enemy yet. He's still a Bengal as of now, and I still don't believe the rumor.
[/quote]

james walker and chris mortenson aren't reliable or established enough sources for you?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6051119

Carson Palmer will ask the Cincinnati Bengals to trade him and will contemplate retirement if he does not get his wish, according to several sources.

Palmer, the No. 1 overall pick by the Bengals in 2003, was unavailable for comment as he and his wife Shaelynn were awaiting the birth of their third child.

A Bengals spokesman had no comment. The team has Palmer under contract through 2014.

Palmer has become the object of fan frustration in the past two years and sources said he has grown frustrated with the team's inconsistencies. The Bengals finished 4-12 in 2010.

Sources familiar with Palmer's plan and mindset said he is financially secure for the rest of his life and willing to follow through and retire.

Several teams will be in the market for quarterbacks this offseason. Seattle will have an opening at quarterback if the Seahawks can't re-sign Matt Hasselbeck. Palmer won the Heisman Trophy for now-Seahawks coach Pete Carroll at USC in 2002. San Francisco, where his wife was raised, and Arizona could also be options.

Palmer suffered a major knee injury in a first-round playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers at the end of the 2005 season. He also suffered an elbow injury in 2008 and considered Tommy John surgery before choosing to rehab without having the operation.

Chris Mortensen is ESPN's senior NFL analyst.

I can't believe this. It doesn't seem like Carsons personality to demand a trade, but I guess anyone has their limit of stupidity they can put up with. (Not saying he's been great.) When my Brother told me, I had to come out and see it for myself because I didn't believe it. They better package Jordan Palmer with him. Vince Young anyone? lol
Even if Cam Newton is drafted, they're going to need another QB because he isn't the type that can start as a rookie.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1295809489' post='964100']
People got pretty raw with Chad. Why not Carson?

I think they've both been good Bengals a couple of my favorites. Anything you said about the great things Carson did for this team can be said about Chad.

As far as the next steps. This team and those players are at a point that trading them may not be that bad a deal.

Probably the worse day of bengal fandom. Steelers with another chance of Superbowl glory and two players we once hoped and dreamed that could lead us there are looking like former players.
[/quote]

yeah, that's pretty much my take, as well.

Archived