Workout Routine

TheBeaverHunter

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1297269858' post='969284']
Peanut oil and something else... some sort of oil I never heard of - it's either made with one or the other. Now, there could be something in the deca that I'm allergic to but seeing that I have had an allergy to nuts my entire life, I'm guessing it was the peanut oil. I saved some before and after pictures of my friend on a straight deca cycle. No PCT, no stacking, nothing - risky, but it paid off. He went from a chubby mid 20's normal guy to a fitness model look-a-like. He's 6'3" and has a thin, lanky build so it REALLY showed nicely on him. He's on his second cycle now (started it with me, it was my first) and told me he put up 225 seven times... the dude NEVER benched 225 in his life before the deca. I've known him since we were 10 and he's never, ever had this kind of a muscular build before. I'm happy for the guy - finally got what he wanted.

I haven't taken a preworkout supplement in quite some time. I try to stay way from caffeine and everything is loaded with it these days.
[/quote]

Did you not stack your deca with test? Deca shuts down natural test production. You could probably run a test only cycle and get good results. I'm still new to the game. Been doing some research putting together some gear. Got a good amount of cyp and EQ and now I'm just trying to get my PCT put together. I was checking out ar-r.com for letro and clomid. Are the research chemical sites legit? I just remember running Havoc 3 years ago without any knowledge of pct and I came of a little early due to joint pain and I was an emotional wreck. I want to make sure I have all bases covered.

[quote name='SINcinnati513' timestamp='1297276474' post='969313']
Did you not stack your deca with test? Deca shuts down natural test production. You could probably run a test only cycle and get good results. I'm still new to the game. Been doing some research putting together some gear. Got a good amount of cyp and EQ and now I'm just trying to get my PCT put together. I was checking out ar-r.com for letro and clomid. Are the research chemical sites legit? I just remember running Havoc 3 years ago without any knowledge of pct and I came of a little early due to joint pain and I was an emotional wreck. I want to make sure I have all bases covered.
[/quote]
EQ - equipoise (sp.)? I heard it was a very good beginner steroid but it hurts. How? I don't know. Just what an acquaintenance (sp.) told me once at his gym.

I was going to stack the deca, midway through the cycle, with some "legal" (it's only legal for so long) stuff from an independent supplement dealer in Grandview/Columbus. I hadn't put together a PCT and honestly, I don't think I even would have. I was taking between 300-400 mg a week for only a week and a half before I had to quit. I've dabbled, but have never really done a true cycle before and I wasn't taking as much deca as suggested (you can take up to 800 mg/wk I've heard/read). I rarely put any sort of drug or stimulate in my body, ever. If I drank a cup of coffee, I'll probably be jacked for an hour. Anyway, I figured since I had a lower dosage, spending more money on a PCT didn't make sense to me. I'm not scared of the drop in testosterone. I wasn't taking 700-800 mg a week.

As far as the websites, I don't know. Mine supposedly comes from a doctor and chemist so I was taking their word for what to do/how to do it. There is a book out there that is well respected called The Steroid Bible or something like that. I haven't read it... I was supposed to pick it up last week but that was the week I had the reaction and had to stop the cycle. So, until I save up enough money for a proper, non oil-based cycle, I don't want anything to do with it. Fucked my world up for a week.

• 5 months later...
How's everyone doing still? I've got my bench up about twenty pound since this thread was last bumped. I've been doing mostly repetition since though, since I like to lift on my own..improved focus.

255 at 160. My legs are starting to grow..as well as my calves. My stomach is starting to cut up real well. My shoulders are becoming massive. My biceps are getting large. I go about 6 days a week and I love it. Instead of dreading the soreness..I'm starting to fall in love with it. I've been burning out a ton to see how sore I can become the next day.

Anyone know any good ab workouts? I do the same ones, but it seems like when I incorporate something new, I get more soreness.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1311043858' post='1001570']
How's everyone doing still? I've got my bench up about twenty pound since this thread was last bumped. I've been doing mostly repetition since though, since I like to lift on my own..improved focus.

255 at 160. My legs are starting to grow..as well as my calves. My stomach is starting to cut up real well. My shoulders are becoming massive. My biceps are getting large. I go about 6 days a week and I love it. Instead of dreading the soreness..I'm starting to fall in love with it. I've been burning out a ton to see how sore I can become the next day.

Anyone know any good ab workouts? I do the same ones, but it seems like when I incorporate something new, I get more soreness.
[/quote]

Ab ripper x

Looking for some advice on working out and this seems to be the thread to do it in. I have been working out for the last month 5 days a week. I'm not noticing too much of a difference although I do see my arms getting a little bigger. I'm just trying to get down from 220 to around 185 and get some definition. I've changed my diet and am eating more sensible but like I said, i'm not seeing much. Any advice? And what is deca exactly?

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1311043858' post='1001570']

[/quote]

I have actually stopped going extremely heavy. Reps of 10. The lowest I'll do is 8 and that's only if it's too heavy for 10, obvously. I'll usually find me a spotter for the last set.

And it's been amazing. I'm getting sore in places I've never been sore before. Towards the end of the workout I'll even do sets of 15 if I have enough fight left in me. I weigh about the same as I did, but I'm more cut up than I've been in a couple years, but my diet has been near perfect since June 25thish. Tuna, chicken, spinach, low carbs except after I lift. I feel and look pretty good but I think raw power I may have lost but I feel stronger... very strange. It's done wonders though. I feel like a new man.

[quote name='spidey' timestamp='1311265192' post='1002197']
Looking for some advice on working out and this seems to be the thread to do it in. I have been working out for the last month 5 days a week. I'm not noticing too much of a difference although I do see my arms getting a little bigger. I'm just trying to get down from 220 to around 185 and get some definition. I've changed my diet and am eating more sensible but like I said, i'm not seeing much. Any advice? And what is deca exactly?
[/quote]

Deca is steroids. IMO, not worth it. Ask Randy Savage. I tried messing with them. It's not worth the money, stress, and possible health hazards in my opinion. But, I know I'm not everyone else, sooooooooooooo

Anyway, how good is the diet? I'm telling you, man, and I don't care who denies it because they're full of shit if they do, but your diet is more important than anything you do in terms of losing fat and losing it quickly. I've been eating as clean as I possibly can and I'm pumped every day and I have enough energy to do everything I normally would plus more. Every single day for the past 2 weeks I've done something physical whether it be lifting, running, softball, or boating/skiing/tubing. If my diet was shit, I wouldn't have the energy for it.

Again, diet is the best way to lose the weight. If you eat very clean and work out, you're gonna' look like a whole new person in 8 weeks... completely different. It's a matter of sticking to a good plan and not stopping no matter what for those 8 weeks. People go on diets all the time, last 2-3-4 days, and start eating that shit food again. I see it within my family all the time. For 8 weeks you have to dedicate yourself to it and do it the right way, every day. My friend did the exact thing and now he lives by it. He's a changed man. I'm going to see if it's cool with him if I post his pictures. His 8 week transformation is completely awesome. He went from chubby to looking damn good in 2 months. I didn't think he had it in him but he proved me wrong, and I'm glad he did. Now I have another buddy to talk lifting and diet with.

Looking for some advice on working out and this seems to be the thread to do it in. I have been working out for the last month 5 days a week. I'm not noticing too much of a difference although I do see my arms getting a little bigger. [b] I'm just trying to get down from 220 to around 185 and get some definition[/b]. I've changed my diet and am eating more sensible but like I said, i'm not seeing much. Any advice? And what is deca exactly?
[/quote]

we're in simliar boats if you add a few pounds to each number of those numbers haha

i've been doing full body circuits 3 days a week with interval training (usualy treadmill) on the days in between. I also try to run/kayak/play hockey or something on the weekends to make sure i keep burning calories

combine that will a decent diet (focused on sustainability rather than perfection at this point) and im down 20lb over the last 2 months

this is pretty much the circuit i've been doing, although i swap excercises rather frequently...i alternate the excercies in each pair, doing 2 sets of ~12 reps of each

leg press
lat pull down

leg extension
leg curl

bench
row

fly
military

tri ext
bicep curl

after i finish i rest for a minute and go through it again

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1311269886' post='1002220']
We work out very differently but that seems to work for you. Congrats, mulli!
[/quote]

thanks, i was pretty much using that workout as a means of jumpstarting myself...now i feel its pretty much run its course and im starting to think about what to do next

not really interested in bulking up at the momment so i'm kicking around the idea of trying the Insanity workout, or p90x, but i like how insanity is all body-weight excercises and cardio based

we'll see

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1311268247' post='1002208']
I have actually stopped going extremely heavy. Reps of 10. The lowest I'll do is 8 and that's only if it's too heavy for 10, obvously. I'll usually find me a spotter for the last set.

And it's been amazing. I'm getting sore in places I've never been sore before. Towards the end of the workout I'll even do sets of 15 if I have enough fight left in me. I weigh about the same as I did, but I'm more cut up than I've been in a couple years, but my diet has been near perfect since June 25thish. Tuna, chicken, spinach, low carbs except after I lift. I feel and look pretty good but I think raw power I may have lost but I feel stronger... very strange. It's done wonders though. I feel like a new man.

Deca is steroids. IMO, not worth it. Ask Randy Savage. I tried messing with them. It's not worth the money, stress, and possible health hazards in my opinion. But, I know I'm not everyone else, sooooooooooooo

Anyway, how good is the diet? I'm telling you, man, and I don't care who denies it because they're full of shit if they do, but your diet is more important than anything you do in terms of losing fat and losing it quickly. I've been eating as clean as I possibly can and I'm pumped every day and I have enough energy to do everything I normally would plus more. Every single day for the past 2 weeks I've done something physical whether it be lifting, running, softball, or boating/skiing/tubing. If my diet was shit, I wouldn't have the energy for it.

Again, diet is the best way to lose the weight. If you eat very clean and work out, you're gonna' look like a whole new person in 8 weeks... completely different. It's a matter of sticking to a good plan and not stopping no matter what for those 8 weeks. People go on diets all the time, last 2-3-4 days, and start eating that shit food again. I see it within my family all the time. For 8 weeks you have to dedicate yourself to it and do it the right way, every day. My friend did the exact thing and now he lives by it. He's a changed man. I'm going to see if it's cool with him if I post his pictures. His 8 week transformation is completely awesome. He went from chubby to looking damn good in 2 months. I didn't think he had it in him but he proved me wrong, and I'm glad he did. Now I have another buddy to talk lifting and diet with.
[/quote]

What kind of diet do you use, if you don't mind me asking? My diet is better than it used to be but it could definately be better. My friend keeps telling me that I should use Pump Fuel as one of my supplements. Any thoughts?

[quote name='spidey' timestamp='1311273098' post='1002232']
What kind of diet do you use, if you don't mind me asking? My diet is better than it used to be but it could definately be better. My friend keeps telling me that I should use Pump Fuel as one of my supplements. Any thoughts?
[/quote]
I don't know what Pump Fuel is but it's probably a vasodilator with caffeine like everything else is. If you have a history of drinking a lot of pop, I wouldn't use it. Caffeine is addictive and since there's caffeine in the PF, well, it's sel explanatory. Don't wanna relapse.

What that PF does is open your blood vessels and jumpstarts your heart. You get more blood = more oxygen, to the muscles. Supposed to help you lift more, harder, longer. In theory, yes, it works. In real life, it gives me an upset stomach and turns me off from a hard work out.

I'll get into specifics in a bit (hopefully tonight), but I am at work and should be working...

tuna, chicken, rice, protein shakes, eggs, oatmeal, lots of water

[/quote]

The sad thing with working out is that people expect results now. The truth is that it takes time. You should start seeing changes after your 7th week. Keep at it, it'll happen.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' timestamp='1311583824' post='1002960']
The sad thing with working out is that people expect results now. The truth is that it takes time. You should start seeing changes after your 7th week. Keep at it, it'll happen.
[/quote]

I would say something closer to 3 weeks. If you go in there and lilly dick around, yeah, it'll probably take you a lot longer.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1311597689' post='1002983']
I would say something closer to 3 weeks. If you go in there and lilly dick around, yeah, it'll probably take you a lot longer.
[/quote]

"Lilly dick around"? Yes, drill sergeant. Without any types of meds being used, 7 weeks, bro. We're talking about someone of average build that doesn't train regularly. And I must say that I'm against any kind of enhancers being used. Nothing more than whey protein shakes for this fella.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' timestamp='1311665659' post='1003500']
"Lilly dick around"? Yes, drill sergeant. Without any types of meds being used, 7 weeks, bro. We're talking about someone of average build that doesn't train regularly. And I must say that I'm against any kind of enhancers being used. Nothing more than whey protein shakes for this fella.
MULLY
[/quote]

You're telling me it's going to take someone that does not work out 7 entire weeks to see a change in their body? I don't want to be controversial with you, but you're aboslutely, positively, no doubt in my mind wrong.

7 weeks? I like ya, but you're crazy man.

[img]http://www-static.weddingbee.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/20/likeyou.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1311683624' post='1003528']
You're telling me it's going to take someone that does not work out 7 entire weeks to see a change in their body? I don't want to be controversial with you, but you're aboslutely, positively, no doubt in my mind wrong.

7 weeks? I like ya, but you're crazy man.
[/quote]

7 weeks is exactly what I'm telling you. I'm talking actually visually seeing changes. I'm also talking about someone trying to lose fat and gain muscle. Muscle doesn't pack on overnight.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' timestamp='1311919764' post='1006317']
7 weeks is exactly what I'm telling you. I'm talking actually visually seeing changes. I'm also talking about someone trying to lose fat and gain muscle. Muscle doesn't pack on overnight.
[/quote]

One wouldn't go from excess fat to muscle man overnight, no. But it does not take 7 weeks to notice (even visually) a change in your body. If you're talking about going from blubber to a little muscle bubble something like this:

[img]http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/561310/561310,1272644318,1/stock-photo-red-apple-on-man-s-bicep-muscle-52099201.jpg[/img]

Then yeah, I may agree with you. To visually see muscle gain (from a skinny person) or fat loss (from a fat person), I believe it to be 3 weeks if not sooner, pending your dedication to the diet and routine.

I should have been more clear. I'm talking about a fatty trying to lose fat and gain muscle. It's about the 7 week mark when they start to actually see the difference, and photos are definitely a must for them. My whole point being, we live in a world where we can ask a question and get the answer in a matter of minutes. People trying to lose fat and gain muscle diet for 3 or 4 days, don't see any changes and tend to drop off the diet. You may feel different, shirts may feel a little more roomy, but the mirror doesn't really change all that much. Keep at it and in about 7 weeks they'll start noticing the fat slowly burning away and muscle tone starting to develop.

Thin people, sure, a few weeks into it they'll be seeing changes.
MULLY

• 1 month later...
[quote name='JC' timestamp='1315282642' post='1026455']
Getting my bottle of ACG3 on Wednsday. Excited to try it out. Have seen numerous, numerous, great reviews. Getting to the gym is the one of the best things I've done with my life.
[/quote]

I envy you right now. I don't have time to wipe my own ass. WFD. Work. Football. Dinner. Not a damn second. I'm gonna try to work in the gym tonight before the game. I had a good lift Tuesday. Hopefully I can pull another one today. I need it.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1315495781' post='1027410']
I envy you right now. I don't have time to wipe my own ass. WFD. Work. Football. Dinner. Not a damn second. I'm gonna try to work in the gym tonight before the game. I had a good lift Tuesday. Hopefully I can pull another one today. I need it.
[/quote]
School just started for me. So between that, work, and homework I don't have as good as a time as I used to in there, but I can't not go. It's a part of me now.

Archived