Workout Routine

TheBeaverHunter

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1315617784' post='1028101']
Weird exercise. You'll get up 180 the first time... work on it for a couple months and be putting up 250 just like you did 180.
[/quote]
I am so awful at those. I haven't done them in such a long time, but even when I did them, I couldn't do much. Great for your body though.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1315925189' post='1030544']
Had a pretty sweet bench routine last night. 135 x6, 225 x6, 270 x3 270 x3, 285 x2, 285 x2, 315 x1.
[/quote]

We're very similar. Since I'm so busy right now I've lost about 5 pounds because I don't have the energy to eat and lift strictly. That's spot on of what I can do at about 187 lbs. I'm 180 now and at the end of my bench did 275x3. :(

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1316187096' post='1031685']
We're very similar. Since I'm so busy right now I've lost about 5 pounds because I don't have the energy to eat and lift strictly. That's spot on of what I can do at about 187 lbs. I'm 180 now and at the end of my bench did 275x3. :(
[/quote]
Last night's: warmed up with 135 and 225 for a few reps. 280 x3 twice, 300 x1 twice and 330 x1 was supposed to be a negative rep but I put it up by myself to set a new personal record.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1316518200' post='1034056']

Last night's: warmed up with 135 and 225 for a few reps. 280 x3 twice, 300 x1 twice and 330 x1 was supposed to be a negative rep but I put it up by myself to set a new personal record.
[/quote]

Very nice and congrats. Hopefully I'll be back to your ranks soon.

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1316518200' post='1034056']

[/quote]

I'm coming for ya.

135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 250x5, 275x5, 300x2

On the 300, I needed help on #3 and finished #4 and #5 as negatives.

Had some two negative reps of 315 just to get use to the weight again. I held them both pretty good.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1319034585' post='1048679']
I took a week and a half off from benching because my shoulder was starting to scream at me. First day back at it was 285 x5, 305 x3 twice and 320 x2 twice. I was destroyed after the first set of 320 and couldn't complete the second set
[/quote]

I have a ways to go. I'll be there though.

I weighed in at 180 at the beginning of last week. The plan is to be back at 195 by January 1st.

What do you guys think about supplements (all legal)? Besides the usual protein, which I take even if I don't lift (addiction), I am supplement free and have been for a while. I'm thinking about waiting until the end of November and then overloading myself with a test booster and creatine to jump up that final month. What have you guys found that works for you? This is week 3 where I've pounded the protein and carbs and went balls deep 5 days a week in the gym. My max a month ago was about 275-280ish and now it's a little over 300 I'd say (memory muscle). I'm getting back to where I was a lot quicker than I thought but my mass isn't where I'd thought it would be. When should I pound these supps and what should I grab? I'm not big on vasodilators + caffeine. It makes me sick when I get on it and sick again when I get off. It's not for me.

I'm nervous about weighing myself...

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1296005546' post='965665']
It's rough pushing down the foot rest on my recliner. I do it on a nightly basis, and my legs have never hurt so bad.
[/quote]

Just wanted to brag, I have been doing a low calorie thing for the last 2 months, and have gone from 255lbs. to 239lbs. I haven't added any exercise yet, due to my lack of free time (full time job, full time student, wife works full time night shift, so 3 nights a week I am tasked with being the sole care-giver of our 10 month old daughter, one night a week devoted to homework, and one night a week spending 4 hours at school).

When I get down to 210 or so, I will be done with my bachelors degree, my wife will no longer have to work full time, and I plan on devoting my extra free time to exercising. Want to get down to 175 or so.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1319078209' post='1048943']

I weighed in at 180 at the beginning of last week. The plan is to be back at 195 by January 1st.

What do you guys think about supplements (all legal)? Besides the usual protein, which I take even if I don't lift (addiction), I am supplement free and have been for a while. I'm thinking about waiting until the end of November and then overloading myself with a test booster and creatine to jump up that final month. What have you guys found that works for you? This is week 3 where I've pounded the protein and carbs and went balls deep 5 days a week in the gym. My max a month ago was about 275-280ish and now it's a little over 300 I'd say (memory muscle). I'm getting back to where I was a lot quicker than I thought but my mass isn't where I'd thought it would be. When should I pound these supps and what should I grab? I'm not big on vasodilators + caffeine. It makes me sick when I get on it and sick again when I get off. It's not for me.

[/quote]
I wish I could take protein. Allergic to whey so it makes me feel like an alien is trying to rip out of my stomach. The only thing I've ever taken is pre-workouts and some creatine but that was about 6 months ago. I usually weigh in around 175-180.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1319078209' post='1048943']

[/quote]

If you do find something, let me know. I'm looking to get off the caffeine loaded stuff and find something that still works. I can't workout without it now. It sucks.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1319087110' post='1048989']

Just wanted to brag, I have been doing a low calorie thing for the last 2 months, and have gone from 255lbs. to 239lbs. I haven't added any exercise yet, due to my lack of free time (full time job, full time student, wife works full time night shift, so 3 nights a week I am tasked with being the sole care-giver of our 10 month old daughter, one night a week devoted to homework, and one night a week spending 4 hours at school).

When I get down to 210 or so, I will be done with my bachelors degree, my wife will no longer have to work full time, and I plan on devoting my extra free time to exercising. Want to get down to 175 or so.
[/quote]
Good for you man. You won't regret it.

Ever since I got back into working out on a daily basis I have more energy than I have ever had.

Akili, being allergic to protein... I would die today.

BO, great news. Like JC said... the more you workout, the more you'll want to do it and have the energy to do it. If you keep at it, you'll brainwash yourself and can't ever get out of it.

And JC, have you ever heard of SUS500? It isn't supposed to be as potent as when or first came out, but I toolk 2 bottles over a course of what a bottle and a half should be taken at, and I ballooned to 199 before I got sick and lost it all. I don't know what caused it but I was having pains in my ass/prostate region. Dropped 199 to 172 or something like that in a couple months. Could have been those pills... could have been just an infection. Anyways, that shit worked.

Googled it to see what it was about and found this:

[url="http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2983851&page=2"]http://forum.bodybui...=2983851&page=2[/url]

Sounds like I'd have to take estrogen blocker? One guy did mention a supplement, FightLabs TEST400. I would be interested in taking one of these to get to the next level for sure. Just think I need to research it better.

SUS5000 black is about 36 from what I can see and Test 400 is 100. It looks like you need a liver cleansing for SUS500 black though. I imagine my livers are fairly decent since I rarely drink. Does that stuff really mess up the liver?

I never took any estrogen blockers. I took milk thistle and this cranberry stuff for something or another. I'm so out of the game, I can't remember. The SUS500 was like $50 a bottle or something I was thinking a couple years ago so that's probably about right.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1319165465' post='1049361']
I never took any estrogen blockers. I took milk thistle and this cranberry stuff for something or another. I'm so out of the game, I can't remember. The SUS500 was like $50 a bottle or something I was thinking a couple years ago so that's probably about right.
[/quote]
I saw Estrogen blockers in the thread, and then saw it was like 2007. The SUS500 black says it has it in it.

The only thing I'm worried about now is the liver cleanser and if I should be taking protein with this, which is probably a yes.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1319165790' post='1049362']

I saw Estrogen blockers in the thread, and then saw it was like 2007. The SUS500 black says it has it in it.

The only thing I'm worried about now is the liver cleanser and if I should be taking protein with this, which is probably a yes.
[/quote]

Not if you get enough protein in your nornmal diet. Protein mix is just a supplement for when you can't get protein down for whatever reason. Sometimes I'm just not hungry but it'll be a couple hours since I last ate so I'll down a shake with water. Then an hour after that I'll be hungry for some real food and eat some salmon, tuna, chicken or whatever I have in the fridge.

So you don't think a liver cleanser would be needed?

I'm not sure I take in enough protein. I have been lifting hard for 10 months and I've only gained 10 pounds. I'm not sure if it's because I'm getting rid of all my babyfat and putting on muscle or what. I can see a crazy difference from where I'm from, but it just hasn't been a lot of weight. I dunno..

My bench has gone from around 205-215 to 265. My squat is 365. I work out my core regularly. My shoulders have gotten noticeably bigger.

After reading up on it a bit..I dont think a ph would be good for someone as I young and as neive I am to all the chemicals.

Id probably lose a lot of my gains after my cycle anyways.

I should probably just get some muscletech and stay on my acg3 for the time being. And drink a shit ton of water.

How old are you?

Potein wise... well, it depends on how much you weigh. If you weigh 180, I'd say at LEAST 180 grams of protein a day, every day, no matter if you lift that day or not. During the middle of the week, I'm getting in at least 250 grams day easy and I was 189 this morning (had to be wrong though, plus, I had my clothes on). I've hit 300 a couple times but damn my ass pays for it later.

If you don't know if you're getting enough protein, you probably aren't. Give it a good 6 weeks of pounding the protein and I bet you see a nice muscle increase and the weight and strength gains that come with it.

Archived