Some answers from Carson - House for sale

You never know what you have till it's gone. That's going to be the situation here

Carson is a great quarterback. A competitor, who revived the optimism about football in Cincinnati. Best player I've seen don a Bengals jersey. Not to mention, he looked a ton better when we were without T.Ocho. Going to be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1297211502' post='969169']
You never know what you have till it's gone. That's going to be the situation here

Carson is a great quarterback. A competitor, who revived the optimism about football in Cincinnati. Best player I've seen don a Bengals jersey. Not to mention, he looked a ton better when we were without T.Ocho. Going to be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks.
[/quote]

Really? Best player?

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1297211502' post='969169']

Carson is a great quarterback. A competitor, who revived the optimism about football in Cincinnati. [b]Best player I've seen don a Bengals jersey.[/b] Not to mention, he looked a ton better when we were without T.Ocho. Going to be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks.
[/quote]

Are you too young to have seen Munoz?

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1297212082' post='969174']
Uh, too young to see Willie Anderson, Chad Johnson, Corey Dillon?
[/quote]

David Fulcher, Pete Johnson, James Brooks, Ickey Woods, and, no matter who wants to dispute it, Kenny Anderson and Boomer Esiason got us to the big show. Until Carson does that he's just another player with a lot of potential.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' timestamp='1297212458' post='969175']
David Fulcher, Pete Johnson, James Brooks, Ickey Woods, and, no matter who wants to dispute it, Kenny Anderson and Boomer Esiason got us to the big show. Until Carson does that he's just another player with a lot of potential.
MULLY
[/quote]

I don't think you can incluse Ickey on that list, he really only had the good rookie season before he got hurt a few games into the next season.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1297211909' post='969171']
Are you too young to have seen Munoz?
[/quote]
Yup.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1297212082' post='969174']
Uh, too young to see Willie Anderson, Chad Johnson, Corey Dillon?
[/quote]
I guess we can have our opinions, but I can tell you that, Chad Johnson isn't Chad Johnson without Carson Palmer. Only saw the tail end of Corey's career, but his game against Denver was out of this world, but Rudi Johnson ran well in the Bengals system. Willie was very impressive, but again, I only saw about the middle to tail end of it for him.

I've watched Carson. At his top point, he was unbelievable. I know you are impartial to him now, so anything you say will really be taken with a grain of salt, so there's no real point.

Anyways, let's not derail this thread by a comment. I'd say there is some pretty telling stuff in that article.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1297213200' post='969179']
Yup.

I guess we can have our opinions, but I can tell you that, Chad Johnson isn't Chad Johnson without Carson Palmer. Only saw the tail end of Corey's career, but his game against Denver was out of this world, but Rudi Johnson ran well in the Bengals system. Willie was very impressive, but again, I only saw about the middle to tail end of it for him.

I've watched Carson. At his top point, he was unbelievable. I know you are impartial to him now, so anything you say will really be taken with a grain of salt, so there's no real point.

Anyways, let's not derail this thread by a comment. I'd say there is some pretty telling stuff in that article.
[/quote]

Have to disagree. Carson may have helped Ocho (as he needs a good QB), but he could have quite definitely done well with any number of current quarterbacks. Carson wasn't the ONLY QB that could have helped him. Chad's ability to catch ridiculous balls before falling out of bounds also helped make Carson.... they were a good duo. But both could have succeeded without the other.

[quote name='BengalSIS' timestamp='1297220054' post='969195']
Have to disagree. Carson may have helped Ocho (as he needs a good QB), but he could have quite definitely done well with any number of current quarterbacks. Carson wasn't the ONLY QB that could have helped him. Chad's ability to catch ridiculous balls before falling out of bounds also helped make Carson.... they were a good duo. But both could have succeeded without the other.
[/quote]

Chad made routine catches personal highlights. The number of catches he could have made in stride and the number of catches he could have made and land on his feet instead of his back or falling on his knees or unecessary diving... too many to count.

You're good with stats... I wonder what Chad's YAC is compared to other receiver's. I might look that up tomorrow.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1297213200' post='969179']
Yup.

[/quote]

Chad Johnson is Chad anywhere else. You could tell that in his first preseason game. Liking Palmer is one thing, but Chad is among the top 5 Bengals ever. Like it or not he's the best hope of the next bengal to be in the Hall of Fame.

Willie Anderson should be a hall of fame player but I doubt he'll get the recognition he deserves. Dillon (I would put him in) but I can see why if he never makes it.

However, it has nothing to do with my personnal opinion of Palmer. He simply is not as good as those 3. All 3 rank as the best at their position with this franchise, if not for Munoz Willie would be the best tackle period for this franchise.

To say Carson Palmer is the best you've seen is an insult to this franchise. Quite frankly it is very Bungle of you. He's the 3rd best at his position for this franchise and that's because 4th and beyond is crappy. It's very possible that another QB could and knock him down to 4th and I don't think Palmer is a once in a lifetime player even for this franchise.

More and more fans prove this "Bungle" concept true. Yes, QBs right before Palmer were as shitty as shitty can get. Same with the coaches. Same with everything just about. Time to expect and want more.

[quote name='8675309' timestamp='1297212712' post='969177']
I don't think you can incluse Ickey on that list, he really only had the good rookie season before he got hurt a few games into the next season.
[/quote]

Sure you can, the dude rushed for over a thousand yards his rookie season after hardly playing like the first 4 or 5 games, in a shorter season too. The man was a fucking beast and he would have continued doing the same thing had he not gotten injured. He deserves his spot in the Bengals history books as much as anyone else.
MULLY

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1297258702' post='969232']
Chad Johnson is Chad anywhere else.
[/quote]

Yep, whoever said that Carson made Chad is so full of shit his breath stinks. Chad would already be on his way to the HOF if he had ended up with Brady. Carson isn't the only QB in the league that can throw a ball. Matter of fact, there are quite a few out there that have accomplished a lot more than he has.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' timestamp='1297258926' post='969234']
Sure you can, the dude rushed for over a thousand yards his rookie season after hardly playing like the first 4 or 5 games, in a shorter season too. The man was a fucking beast and he would have continued doing the same thing had he not gotten injured. He deserves his spot in the Bengals history books as much as anyone else.
MULLY
[/quote]

Eh, I love the ickster and he did have a killer season that year, but that's Jim Anderson for you and that line.

Now Ickey as a pop Icon, the best Bengal ever. It's amazing that the Ickey Shuffle can be recognized by people 20+ years later and people that don't necessarily follow the bengals.

off topic: anyone else write long posts rebutting another member's position, think about the hassle of the debate that will ensue, then erase the post they've just written and walk away?

...and this isn't directed at any particular post here. i just did that on a different bengal board.

i seem to do this more and more.

i feel like joshua in war games.

"the only winning move is not to play."

[quote name='Fulcher_33' timestamp='1297259224' post='969236']
Yep, whoever said that Carson made Chad is so full of shit his breath stinks. Chad would already be on his way to the HOF if he had ended up with Brady. Carson isn't the only QB in the league that can throw a ball. Matter of fact, there are quite a few out there that have accomplished a lot more than he has.
MULLY
[/quote]

Brady wouldnt of put up with Chads shit. Chads a bum. Cant wait til hes a Jet

[quote name='STRAYCAT' timestamp='1297211980' post='969172']
The fuckheads that dumped trash on his yard and those who spout off on his wife and kids should have their balls handed to them. Would be the same as some shithead coming to my house because he didn't like something from my work place.......NOT COOL. :machinegunyellow:
[/quote]

Maybe he'll get traded to a New York team or Philadelphia. Then when he plays like he has here, he'll be praying to come back to the Cincinnati fans after how the fans in those towns will react.

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1297260221' post='969242']
off topic: anyone else write long posts rebutting another member's position, think about the hassle of the debate that will ensue, then erase the post they've just written and walk away?

...and this isn't directed at any particular post here. i just did that on a different bengal board.

[b]i seem to do this more and more. [/b]

[/quote]

x2

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1297260221' post='969242']

i seem to do this more and more.

[/quote]

I've done this many times...more this year than ever

Archived