Senate Bill 5 - Thoughts?

Bengals1181

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1299852938' post='976587']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MhoCzYN0yk[/media]
[/quote]

That's all well and good, but who do i vote for to fix it when both sides are complicit? How do we take back our government without arming ourselves and invading Washington?

[quote name='CincyInDC' timestamp='1299831025' post='976560']
There are a few options here.

1. put up with it
2. don't vote for these anti-government clowns in the first place (yeah, too late for that)
3. vote them out (in how many years?)
4. recall them ... taken from a page right out of the thugs' playbook
5. revolution

which is it going to be?
[/quote]

Like I said in my last post, it is becoming clear that revolution may be the only way....

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' timestamp='1299858263' post='976605']
That's all well and good, but who do i vote for to fix it when both sides are complicit? How do we take back our government without arming ourselves and invading Washington?
[/quote]

Sadly, we don't.

It seems the time has come once again.. For the fortunate have forgotten the shoulders on which they stand can be become sharp and bitter when trod upon too heavily...

They have begun to covet the insurance put in place by their predecessors. That small lump in the wallets of the common which serves to make them forget they are still serfs...

[/quote]

Simple, we dont invade Washington they are just doing what their masters are telling them to do.

We invade K Street and the lobbyists, we invade the big banks, we invade big oil, we invade all of them that were complacent in this.

I heard a great idea the other day. A friend had Scotts Lawn care call and they said that it was time to have them come in and get taken care of. He responded that he was unable to at this point because of the union ruling and how it affects his family. If that becomes more widespread they will be heard.

You know what I heard today.....Kasich will be providing major tax cuts to Bob Evans to assure they stay in Ohio.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1299860108' post='976612']
I heard a great idea the other day. A friend had Scotts Lawn care call and they said that it was time to have them come in and get taken care of. He responded that he was unable to at this point because of the union ruling and how it affects his family. If that becomes more widespread they will be heard.

You know what I heard today.....Kasich will be providing major tax cuts to Bob Evans to assure they stay in Ohio.
[/quote]

Does anyone think those tax cuts will result in a cheaper bob evans meal, higher pay for a waitstaff member or rather more profit...more nad more profit. Companies have Ohio by the balls because we need them more then they need us.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1299860190' post='976613']
Does anyone think those tax cuts will result in a cheaper bob evans meal, higher pay for a waitstaff member or rather more profit...more nad more profit. Companies have Ohio by the balls because we need them more then they need us.
[/quote]

Yep.

Profit over people is the order of the day.

[/quote]

Seems the people still have a couple options left. Our predecessors made it harder to destroy democracy than it seems at first glance. Will the people stand up or just fall in line?

[quote][b]Wisconsin Can Repeal Walker’s Anti-Union Bill In 2012 And Amend The State Constitution In 2013[/b]

Last night, Wisconsin Senate Republicans abandoned any remaining pretenses that a bill stripping state workers of their collective bargaining rights has anything whatsoever to do with the state’s finances, and rammed the bill through the senate without any Democrats present. Yet even if Gov. Scott Walker (R) succeeds in signing this bill into law, Wisconsin voters have the power to ensure that his victory is short lived.

First, a broad coalition of these voters are circulating petitions to recall the eight GOP state senators who are currently eligible to be removed from office. If just three of these seats are flipped to the Democrats, the GOP will lose control of the state’s upper house.

Second, because Wisconsin law allows any elected official to be recalled after they have served one full year of their term in office, all remaining state legislators and Gov. Walker will be eligible for a recall election next January. If Wisconsin voters wage a successful campaign to fire the state’s anti-worker lawmakers, this bill could be repealed as soon as the snow starts to melt in spring of 2012.

Third, Wisconsin also has the power to ensure that no future lawmakers can repeat Walker’s assault on working familes:

Constitutional amendments. SECTION 1. Any amendment or amendments to this constitution may be proposed in either house of the legislature, and if the same shall be agreed to by a majority of the members elected to each of the two houses…and if, in the legislature so next chosen, such proposed amendment or amendments shall be agreed to by a majority of all the members elected to each house, then it shall be the duty of the legislature to submit such proposed amendment or amendments to the people in such manner and at such time as the legislature shall prescribe; and if the people shall approve and ratify such amendment or amendments by a majority of the electors voting thereon, such amendment or amendments shall become part of the constitution

In other words, the Wisconsin Constitution can be amended in a three step process: 1) the current legislature must approve the amendment; 2) after the next election, the new legislature must approve the amendment; 3) the voters must ratify the amendment by a majority vote. Under this procedure, Wisconsin could amend its constitution to permanently protect working families as soon as 2013.

In Ohio, pro-worker lawmakers are already planning a ballot referendum to overrule an anti-worker bill that is moving forward in that state. Wisconsin law will require working families and their supporters to jump through a few more hoops to reverse Walker’s actions. Nevertheless, they unambiguously have the power to repeal Walker’s bill in 2012 and to ensure that similar bills can never become law again in 2013.[/quote]

[url="http://thinkprogress.org/2011/03/10/scott-walker-repeal-amendment/"]Wisconsin Can Repeal Walker’s Anti-Union Bill In 2012 And Amend The State Constitution In 2013[/url]

http://www.local12.com/news/state/story/Ohio-Governor-forbids-broadcast-of-budget/6XxhE8cypU2kUnoHrsMJMA.cspx

[quote]Ohio Governor forbids broadcast of budget announcement

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Reporters have been told they will not be allowed to broadcast sound and images from the Tuesday release of Ohio Gov. John Kasich's budget plan.

Spokeswoman Connie Wehrkamp says journalists can bring only pens, notepads and tape recorders to the afternoon briefing, where Kasich is to announce the first details of his state spending blueprint for the next two years. She says videos and photos will be prohibited and the audio may not be used for anything but checking accuracy.

Members of the Statehouse press corps registered complaints with the governor's office on the matter. They noted a lack of precedent for such limits on their ability to cover a governor's budget release. An invitation-only town hall meeting later Tuesday will be broadcast on government television.[/quote]

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' timestamp='1300140896' post='977010']
Do we live in Iran now?
[/quote]
He'll just claim he didn't say/mean something the way it was reported by journalists.

I say show up with crew on hand and ready to broadcast. What is he realistically going to do? Arrest them?

[quote name='BengalRep85-9' timestamp='1300144445' post='977020']
He'll just claim he didn't say/mean something the way it was reported by journalists.

I say show up with crew on hand and ready to broadcast. [color="#FF0000"]What is he realistically going to do? Arrest them?[/color]
[/quote]

Wanna bet me that would happen?

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' timestamp='1300146240' post='977029']
I think someone should.....

Wouldn't that be a horrible scene? A camera crew being arrested at the order of Kasich?
[/quote]
That would be great to see.

It's time to stand up to these idiots. Every news station (except FOX "news" of course) should show up with cameras ready to roll.

Fox will just make something up.

Anyone see the firefighters yanking their money

http://www.dane101.com/current/2011/03/10/firefighters_target_mi_bank_for_executive_support_of_walker

At some point do you think the tea party and the unions are going to realize they are on the same side....that will get dangerous.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1300163449' post='977061']
Anyone see the firefighters yanking their money

http://www.dane101.com/current/2011/03/10/firefighters_target_mi_bank_for_executive_support_of_walker

At some point do you think the tea party and the unions are going to realize they are on the same side....that will get dangerous.
[/quote]

i saw that

im not sure the TPers are smart enough to realize that, they are the same folks that like to cut off their nose in spite of their face

There are all kinds of recall petitions being passed around here at the moment.
I have signed the one for the Senator in this district. He acts like he is unphased.
He said he respects people being upset and will let it play itself out.

I really don't get these dumbassess. It's like they don't care about the people
or even their own job.

It is a damn shame Scott Walker can't be recalled for another 10 months.

All the dude has done is give $100+ million in corporate tax breaks, talk to
some billionaire on the phone, attack the middle class and education system
and piss the majority of the state off.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1300310399' post='977368']
[url="http://thinkprogress.org/2011/03/16/kasich-fracking-state-parks/"]What The Frack: Ohio Gov. John Kasich Wants To Open Up State Parks For Oil And Gas Exploration[/url]
[/quote]
Can Ohio just recall this guy already?

This is almost unbelievable except that its republicons. Nothing surprises me with these morons.

How is this anything close to even a mediocre idea?

[quote name='BengalRep85-9' timestamp='1300380516' post='977610']
Can Ohio just recall this guy already?

This is almost unbelievable except that its republicons. Nothing surprises me with these morons.

How is this anything close to even a mediocre idea?
[/quote]

They want to privatize everything.

Archived