Season Ticket Renewal

Payments are due today. I received an email stating they are now offering prizes:

New for 2011, all Bengals Season Ticket Holders that submit their payment by this deadline will be registered to win one of several great prizes, including:

A tour of Paul Brown Stadium for you and three guests
Upgraded tickets for a game to Premium Club Level seats
Pregame field passes for you and one guest to be on the sideline during team warmups for a Bengals home game in 2011
Have the Bengals mascot, Who Dey, make a special guest appearance at a school or office of your choice
A chance for you and a limited number of guests to play on Paul Brown Stadium’s field on an agreeable non-gameday

Does anyone know if you are still entered if you only make a down payment?

paid mine... came at a bad time financially so on the credit card it went.. which sucks ass... i need that tax return damnit..

stupid internet advertiser still hasnt resent my w-2 form yet so i havent filed..

expecting about $16,000 back in my tax return... shit cant come soon enough...

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1298995830' post='973930']
paid mine... came at a bad time financially so on the credit card it went.. which sucks ass... i need that tax return damnit..

stupid internet advertiser still hasnt resent my w-2 form yet so i havent filed..

[/quote]

Holy shit! Why so much in tax return?? With that kind of overpayment, you should consider telling uncle Sam to keep less....

Great Oogly Moogly
[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1298995830' post='973930']

[/quote]

[quote name='IndyBengal' timestamp='1298942350' post='973740']
Payments are due today. I received an email stating they are now offering prizes:

New for 2011, all Bengals Season Ticket Holders that submit their payment by this deadline will be registered to win one of several great prizes, including:

A tour of Paul Brown Stadium for you and three guests
Upgraded tickets for a game to Premium Club Level seats
Pregame field passes for you and one guest to be on the sideline during team warmups for a Bengals home game in 2011
Have the Bengals mascot, Who Dey, make a special guest appearance at a school or office of your choice
A chance for you and a limited number of guests to play on Paul Brown Stadium’s field on an agreeable non-gameday

Does anyone know if you are still entered if you only make a down payment?
[/quote]

Making the down payment is a commitment to buy so you're in.
Me, too.

Oh, the Who Dey thing?
Its really Bob Bratkowski in the dopey tiger suit. He's still under contract.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1299266665' post='975138']
Holy shit! Why so much in tax return?? With that kind of overpayment, you should consider telling uncle Sam to keep less....
[/quote]

wooo we're getting $6000 back. More than double what I thought we'd get.

I kind of like it this way. Helps spend within our means during the year, and then this is like an end of the year bonus.

[b]Marvin's letter to [/b][b][url="http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-common/mlib/1120/03/1120_1299696292.pdf"]season ticket holders[/url][/b]

"In the worst way, I want to have a championship-caliber team ready to take the field this fall"

"I look forward to this season as it will be a new beginning for our football team"

"We want you back"

The letter is posted upside down. Epic fail.

house credit = $8,000
2x kid credit = $2,000
business losses and moving expenses = $4700 business losses..
wife was on commission first part of year then unemployeed then commission again, commission is hella over taxed..
all on all its what i expected, i just finished them and its just over $17,000..

i forgot to write off the server costs here.. and some other energy efficiency things, etc..

but i owe pops 13k for helping on down payment on house so ill end up with 4k..

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1299697418' post='976138']
[b]Marvin's letter to [/b][b][url="http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-common/mlib/1120/03/1120_1299696292.pdf"]season ticket holders[/url][/b]

"In the worst way, I want to have a championship-caliber team ready to take the field this fall"

"I look forward to this season as it will be a new beginning for our football team"

"We want you back"

The letter is posted upside down. Epic fail.
[/quote]

I know it's early, but I don't have too much hope for 2011. It took some creative writing for that letter when you don't have your #1 RB under contract and not sure your QB will be back.

Of course, it is only March. I am sure I will be back on the bandwagon come August.

[quote name='Smizno' timestamp='1299766676' post='976305']
I have a $500 car with 240,000 miles on it that I will sell for $7,000. That's tax and title included. If anybody is dumb enough to renew season tickets then youre certainly dumb enough to buy into this.
[/quote]

Why do this? You realize you are insulting people, right?

Your piece of shit car is just that, a piece of shit car.
There is no comparison.

Some people actually enjoy going to games win or lose.
I know I do. Sure winning is more fun. But you have no
way of really knowing before you buy the tickets. And winning
is just part of the experience. I enjoy the total experience.
We get that you don't. We get that your fandom and more
importantly, your money has to be validated with wins.
Don't talk down to others because they're not like you though.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1299768615' post='976314']
Why do this? You realize you are insulting people, right?

Your piece of shit car is just that, a piece of shit car.
There is no comparison.

Some people actually enjoy going to games win or lose.
I know I do. Sure winning is more fun. But you have no
way of really knowing before you buy the tickets. And winning
is just part of the experience. I enjoy the total experience.
We get that you don't. We get that your fandom and more
importantly, your money has to be validated with wins.
Don't talk down to others because they're not like you though.
[/quote]

I have this same argument with my wife every year. She doesn't get that there is something special about going to a football game, tailgating with friends and family

I have a $500 car with 240,000 miles on it that I will sell for $7,000. That's tax and title included. If anybody is dumb enough to renew season tickets then youre certainly dumb enough to buy into this.
[/quote]

Who's dumber, the guy who enjoys going to games and watching live NFL football or the guy who's on a message board for a team he gets no enjoyment out of watching?

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1299770558' post='976328']
Who's dumber, the guy who enjoys going to games and watching live NFL football or the guy who's on a message board for a team [b]he gets no enjoyment out of watching?[/b][/quote]
Where was this posted? Just curious...

Do you guys not believe in bad investments? If you wouldn't put your money into a proven failing stock/product then why would you buy tickets? I get the whole, hanging out, tailgating, drinking beers with your buds thing but damn, why come on here and bitch year after year if you do nothing but contribute your money to see a shit product. Sure I hope they win every game, I was born in Cincy and odds are will die in Cincy. I love it here! However, the Bengals are not my life as it seems they are to several of you.

Call it a fair weather fan if you will but really I call it a Realist. As far as the tailgating thing, I agree, it is awesome. Grilling out...Beers...Chics...It's a blast! I have actually, on several occassions, just went down for the tailgating and left even after offered a free ticket. So yeah, I do practice what i preach.

Sometimes I question myself and I'm sure you guys question me as well as to why the F do I even come to this board. I love the Bengals but hate the organization (Mike Brown). So that is why I check into this site, bengals.com ect.

[/quote]

quit being a dumb bitch.

[quote name='Smizno' timestamp='1299773819' post='976339']

Do you guys not believe in bad investments? If you wouldn't put your money into a proven failing stock/product then why would you buy tickets? I get the whole, hanging out, tailgating, drinking beers with your buds thing but damn, why come on here and bitch year after year if you do nothing but contribute your money to see a shit product. Sure I hope they win every game, I was born in Cincy and odds are will die in Cincy. I love it here! However, the Bengals are not my life as it seems they are to several of you.

Call it a fair weather fan if you will but really I call it a Realist. As far as the tailgating thing, I agree, it is awesome. Grilling out...Beers...Chics...It's a blast! I have actually, on several occassions, just went down for the tailgating and left even after offered a free ticket. So yeah, I do practice what i preach.

Sometimes I question myself and I'm sure you guys question me as well as to why the F do I even come to this board. I love the Bengals but hate the organization (Mike Brown). So that is why I check into this site, bengals.com ect.
[/quote]

you seem to be stupid enough to think there is some capital return on a winning team vs a losing one.. you get the same thing, 10 live nfl games.

nfl games are fun.

i will probably go to some broncos games when the bengals arent playing cause its fun as hell to go to nfl games...hanging out with family and friends and such...

no one cares what you love or hate. football is awesome.

tickets range from 60-85 at PBS. factor in license revenue on a very high end.. lets say $100 per ticket sold per year revenue.. which is high..

thats $6.5 mil a game.. and $65mil a year.. that covers maybe HALF of the players salaries....let alone coaches, staff, marketing, advertising, etc..

the shared revenue makes the ticket money seems silly in comparison...

acting like buying tickets or not buying tickets is some monumental stand in either direction is fucking stupid...

no one cares if you go to games or not, and no one cares AT ALL what you think about them going to games..

nfl football is fucking sweet....

get the stick out of your ass or rumble will be calling me begging me to let you back on the forums... AGAIN....

[/quote]

when most of a persons posts are negative, is it really a stretch to assume they don't enjoy watching the team?

here's two flaws in your argument.

[b]Do you guys not believe in bad investments?[/b] [/quote]

I pay money expecting to enjoy a sunday of live football and I get that. If I'm getting what I expect it's not a bad investment. It's definitely more fun when they win, but I have fun either way.

What is a bad investment is people who put any time/bitching/money into efforts to get MB to change. it's his team and it's going to be run his way. All those people who donate to the revolution are the ones throwing their money away.

[b]why come on here and bitch year after year if you do nothing but contribute your money to see a shit product.[/b] [/quote]

everyone bitches at times, especially after/during a tough loss, but the ones who bitch the loudest year after year are those who don't invest any money into the team anyway.

at this point I'd say almost everyone still buying tickets is doing so because they enjoy going to games. If not, I agree with you that they're dumb for investing their money into something they don't enjoy.

why does it bother you that people spend money to go to games?

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1299774551' post='976342']
get the stick out of your ass or rumble will be calling me begging me to let you back on the forums... AGAIN....
[/quote]

I aint begged you, just gave you some cheese!!! :sterb041:

but on a serious note, I'm not going to say people suck by going to the game and buying season tickets. Everyone has a choice, and I made mine and that is not to renew with the Bengals! I'd rather watch the games from my couch or a buddies place a sports bar. Just not at the stadium. I may go to a game once in a while but that's about it for me. However, tailgating is the bomb and I enjoy that alot.

Archived