Homosexuality being genetic.

Guest steggyD

[quote name='steggyD' date='Jun 7 2005, 06:08 PM']Exactly. This is how I was trying to change my initial stance. To quote again,

I agree with this Beaker fella twice in one day.
[right][post="100476"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I agree with both of you...to a point.

BUT, saying that environment shapes your preferences as well as genetics or even more than genetics doesn't mean that the person has any more conscious control over certain preferences.

I still can't buy that a person consciously chooses who to be attracted to. It happens to kids at a very young age. I don't think it's something that the person can just say...well, I like guys..I'm a guy...I shouldn't like guys, so, I think I'll just stop getting that hard on looking at guys, but instead make it happen when I look at girls. I still think the "attraction reaction" (so to speak) is very involuntary. Regardless of what "caused" the preference.

[quote name='BengalSIS' date='Jun 7 2005, 11:40 PM']I think I'll just stop getting that hard on looking at guys, but instead make it happen when I look at girls.[/quote]

Sis said hard on....now Im turned on! :blink:

Guest steggyD
Sis, we are not saying it is a choice like choosing a meal at a restaurant. We said environmental influences shape a person.

Archived