The March Madness Thread

JC

3 NCs in the last 13 years. Done it as an underdog, a front-runner, and a team of destiny. Greatest post-season run in NCAA history. Best UConn player ever with one of the all-time great seasons. 5 freshman and 2 sophomores returning next year. Coach Calhoun has put himself in company with only Wooden, Rupp, K and Knight.

Yeah, I'm feelin' pretty good.

Shame the championship game was actually Saturday night.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' timestamp='1301982051' post='981862']
3 NCs in the last 13 years. Done it as an underdog, a front-runner, and a team of destiny. Greatest post-season run in NCAA history. Best UConn player ever with one of the all-time great seasons. 5 freshman and 2 sophomores returning next year. Coach Calhoun has put himself in company with only Wooden, Rupp, K and Knight.

Yeah, I'm feelin' pretty good.

Shame the championship game was actually Saturday night.
[/quote]

And just think it might be 4 if you hadnt lost to George Mason in 06.

:on_the_quiet:

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1302014217' post='981899']
:lol:

Good one!
[/quote]

How can you conclude anything else? Name one that's better. C'mon bro, we got tiger blood.

People blew their load a little early bashing the Big East.

The Big 10 had by far the worst showing - OSU choked, Purdue was pathetic, Wisconsin sucked, need I go on? SEC did okay relative to the number of seeds, but their last team, Kentucky (again) lost to a Big East team (again). ACC didn't make the Final Four. Big 12 didn't make the Final Four. Pac-10 didn't make the Final Four.

UConn was 14-9 in the Big East and 18-0 against everyone else . Don't worry, the Big East IS better than your conference, rest assured.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1302014217' post='981899']
:lol:

Good one!
[/quote]

Well, let's see.

11 teams into the tournament, the most ever by a conference.

A Big East team won the NC.

Looks like a solid hypothesis.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1302055237' post='982030']
Well, let's see.

11 teams into the tournament, the most ever by a conference.

A Big East team won the NC.

Looks like a solid hypothesis.
[/quote]
11 teams got in..only 12 wins if I counted correctly. Only 4 made the S16. 3 ACC teams made the S16 and 4 got in.

The Big East was probably the best conference this year, but it's not like it's a run-away margin. A lot of diversity this year.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1302056457' post='982038']
11 teams got in..only 12 wins if I counted correctly. [b]Only 4 made the S16.[/b] 3 ACC teams made the S16 and 4 got in.

The Big East was probably the best conference this year, but it's not like it's a run-away margin. A lot of diversity this year.
[/quote]

And 2 of the teams that did not lost to other Big East teams in those games.

The league as a whole also had a .759 non-conference winning percentage and only 2 teams had losing non-conference records.

The last championship team to have a one and done player was the 2005 Tar Heels. Marvin Williams, who didn't even start.

I really wish that the NCAA's could instill a either go to the NBA or spend 2 years in college. The NFL has got it down pat with their system, but requiring all college basketball players to do three years, would never fly with the NBA.

Archived