What the F...

Lucid

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1300371209' post='977505']
sure it is. You only have a problem with old deleting it because he's a mod.
[/quote]

Oh please, my issue is the im going to have the last word and use whatever means i have to do so (even if he created the thread and deleted it on his own accord)

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1300371207' post='977504']
It didn't used to be that way.. Once someone replied only a mod could get rif of it.. Which is how it should be if you ask me.. What is the point in engaging in a discussion if the OP can just delete the thread when they don't like the direction the convo is taking.
[/quote]

It was always that way. Always. I used it 1000s of times in the past.

And and we weren't engaging in anything. After I made a well thought
out post this morning, you chose to ignore it and drum up stupid shit.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1300371277' post='977507']
I don't really see it as a big deal. Its very rare that a poster deletes his own thread. And usually when they do, its warranted.
[/quote]

I disagree.. I think once others enter into the convo, it is no longer the OPs right to remove the thread. I think it shows disrespect for the opinions and time of the other posters involved.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300371272' post='977506']
Really? I locked the thread as a joke. I saw Scharm replying and knew it would
make him get an error message. I immediately unlocked it and let him say what he
had to say. It was a one time thing.

I threatened to ban Homer because of the way he was talking to me for expressing
my opinion. And I wouldn't have banned him, I would have suspended him, which
I clearly stated. Go has done that shit quite a bit in the past. So is he out of control
too?

So where are the all of these issues? I deleted my own fucking thread. 1181 just did it too
and he isn't a Mod.
[/quote]

Go pays the bills, he has a little more right to do what he wants

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1300371404' post='977509']
Oh please, my issue is the im going to have the last word and use whatever means i have to do so (even if he created the thread and deleted it on his own accord)
[/quote]

If I delete an entire thread, how in the fuck does that equal me having the last word?

And for your info douchebag, Lucid was the last to post in that thread.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300371411' post='977510']
It was always that way. Always. I used it 1000s of times in the past.

And and we weren't engaging in anything. After I made a well thought
out post this morning, you chose to ignore it and drum up stupid shit.
[/quote]

See that is the issue.. In your mind, once you have written a "well thought out post" it's the end of the matter and any dissenting opinion is "stupid shit".. You do it all the time.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1300371484' post='977512']
Go pays the bills, he has a little more right to do what he wants
[/quote]

LOL

I help Go pay the bills. I have the right to delete any thread I want.
So do you. So does anyone that is a member here.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1300371429' post='977511']
I disagree.. I think once others enter into the convo, it is no longer the OPs right to remove the thread. I think it shows disrespect for the opinions and time of the other posters involved.
[/quote]

this

ive said my piece on it, i have work to do

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300371485' post='977513']
If I delete an entire thread, how in the fuck does that equal me having the last word?

And for your info douchebag, [b]Lucid was the last to post in that thread.[/b]
[/quote]

Yes I was... Actually solidly pointing out how you had been a massive dick to me for no reason.. Which is why you deleted the thread.. Because I illustrated point by point who started the insults and name calling..

You realized you had been an ass, and instead of owning it, you deleted the thread.

Think about it.. When was the last time anyone saw you sincerely apologize or admit you were wrong? Hell, when was the last time you simply let something lie without having the last word?

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300371593' post='977515']
LOL

[b]I help Go pay the bills. I have the right to delete any thread I want.[/b]
So do you. So does anyone that is a member here.
[/quote]

Wow..

Pretty much says it all right there.

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1300371728' post='977518']
Touché
[/quote]
Well, one of the most important things to remember about the cave parable is what immediately happens to the person as he/she steps outside.

They're blinded.

Nonetheless, I'm glad to hear about your familiarity with Augustine and Plato.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1300371505' post='977514']
See that is the issue.. In your mind, once you have written a "well thought out post" it's the end of the matter and any dissenting opinion is "stupid shit".. You do it all the time.
[/quote]

Because I moved on from the insults and name calling.

I said I was for ousting Saddam in 1991. I thought it was a mistake that he wasn't
taken out then. And HIS ACTIONS in the 12 years we ALLOWED him to stay in power
only cemented my original thoughts. He killed his own people. He made back room
deals. He shot at our pilots. He jerked weapons inspectors around and he wanted
the World to believe he had WMDs. He also let it be known that he wasn't going to
stop. And had every intention of starting shit back up "when the coast was clear."
That doesn't mean I supported the way Bush went about it entirely. Or that I agreed
with his every move. It means just what I stated. That we were going to have to deal
with his sooner or later whether we liked it or not. It's that simple.

I also said at the risk of sounding callous, innocent people die in wars. They have
in every war ever fought. And I am not minimizing their deaths. But we didn't go there
and target innocent people. That's what the other side does. And there has been
less innocent deaths by our hands than there were by Saddam's hands. And those
innocent deaths are on the decline and will continue to decline. I am not justifying them.
I have been shrouded by death my entire life. I know what it is like to lose loved ones
numerous times over. I wouldn't wish that on any good person or their family member.

And I also said that as far as Munoz signing the bomb. He was there for troop morale.
I am sure the soldiers he went there to visit asked him to sign it. That's what "they"
do. And he was trying to be one of "them". I don't thin he felt any shame at all by
signing it. Because he felt it was going to be dropped on a mountain full of bad guys.
Not a house full of innocent women and children.

I never once called you or anyone else a name in that post.

You didn't dissent any of that. Instead you chose to ignore it and drum up shit from
yesterday and call me a punk behind a keyboard that hasn't ever done shit for this Country.
I responded accordingly. You responded back like you couldn't believe I responded that
way. I responded back again. And then you did again. Telling me I looked like an ass.
And other stupid shit. So I deleted the thread because my efforts to get the conversation
on track and have some peace to it, just wasn't going to happen. Not because I was
pissed or I looked bad or anything like you and others have said. I deleted it because
it was worthless from the 4th post on. End of story.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1300371734' post='977520']
Wow..

Pretty much says it all right there.
[/quote]

Oh my God. No it doesn't.

EVERYONE HERE HAS THE RIGHT TO DELETE A THREAD THEY START.
IT HAS BEEN PART OF THIS BOARD FROM THE DAY IT WAS BUILT.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1300371681' post='977517']
Yes I was... Actually solidly pointing out how you had been a massive dick to me for no reason.. Which is why you deleted the thread.. Because I illustrated point by point who started the insults and name calling..

You realized you had been an ass, and instead of owning it, you deleted the thread.

Think about it.. When was the last time anyone saw you sincerely apologize or admit you were wrong? Hell, when was the last time you simply let something lie without having the last word?
[/quote]

A massive dick for no reason?

I read the first line of what you said and then deleted it.
Because it was going nowhere.

Are you really a victim here?

I said UGH, more negativity, seriously, UGH to you AND BUNG.

You are the one that went on the attack from there.
Notice I didn't respond to Bung the way I did you?
Because he didn't go on the attack.

I let shit lie all the time.

I have spent way too much time on this bullshit with you all.

Good day.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300372740' post='977532']
I have spent way too much time on this bullshit with you all.
[/quote]
Well, the honorable thing to do would be to restore the thread from the trash bin. If I'm reading correctly, the software has that capability.

[url="http://community.invisionpower.com/blog/1174/entry-4081-ipboard-310-dev-update-soft-delete/"]Link[/url]
[quote]IP.Board already has many moderation tools, including the ability to "approve" and "un-approve" posts and topics to make them hidden from the general community. IP.Board also has a "Trash Can" forum which collects all deleted topics and posts giving you a chance to keep them and manually move them back if you wanted to do so.[/quote]

Unless you took the trouble to delete the trash bin, too.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' timestamp='1300372520' post='977528']
In all seriousness, I think Lucid has a point. [b]He is not partisan like Jamie and I are, and he's not been treated fairly here.[/b]

Old, you can call me all the names you want, I've got a thick skin. But you really ought to master the art of counting to ten.
[/quote]

Thanks... I think in appearing to be in alliance I caught the runoff..

Which is exactly what I pointed out in my last post before Old deleted.. That I think he gets so worked up in a argument he starts to get confused with who is throwing what at him and sometimes he dishes it out to people who never intended to be a part of the fray.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' timestamp='1300372520' post='977528']
In all seriousness, I think Lucid has a point. He is not partisan like Jamie and I are, and he's not been treated fairly here.

Old, you can call me all the names you want, I've got a thick skin. But you really ought to master the art of counting to ten.
[/quote]

I am not partisan either. That is the thing that cracks me up about when I post in this forum.
I share views. They aren't attached to a party. They are my own.

I think what the Republican Governors are doing is deplorable. I hate Boehner.
I hate Dick Cheney. I think FOX News is retarded. And a host of other things
that I am sure would surprise you. You don't agree with the war. Great. That
doesn't mean I am from the other side and am evil. It means we have different views.
You all would be wise to learn how to deal with them without degrading those that
don't share you own view on a topic.

I already said all I have to say about Lucid. He is not a victim here. No matter how
much he tries to convince himself of it.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' timestamp='1300372926' post='977535']
Well, the honorable thing to do would be to restore the thread from the trash bin. If I'm reading correctly, the software has that capability.

[url="http://community.invisionpower.com/blog/1174/entry-4081-ipboard-310-dev-update-soft-delete/"]Link[/url]

Unless you took the trouble to delete the trash bin, too.
[/quote]

I have Mod powers, not Administrative powers.
I couldn't delete it from the bin or retrieve it.

And I didn't use Mod powers to delete it anyway.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300373047' post='977537']
I am not partisan either. That is the thing that cracks me up about when I post in this forum.
I share views. They aren't attached to a party. They are my own.

I think what the Republican Governors are doing is deplorable. I hate Boehner.
I hate Dick Cheney. I think FOX News is retarded. And a host of other things
that I am sure would surprise you. You don't agree with the war. Great. That
doesn't mean I am from the other side and am evil. It means we have different views.
You all would be wise to learn how to deal with them without degrading those that
don't share you own view on a topic.

I already said all I have to say about Lucid. He is not a victim here. No matter how
much he tries to convince himself of it.
[/quote]

Then pull the thread out of the trash can and let us see for ourselves. I am comfortable in that resolution. And if people think I was acting inappropriately then I will be more than happy to give you a sincere apology.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1300373206' post='977539']
Then pull the thread out of the trash can and let us see for ourselves. I am comfortable in that resolution. And if people think I was acting inappropriately then I will be more than happy to give you a sincere apology.
[/quote]

One more time.

If Elflocko wants to retrieve it, he can. I can't.

And I didn't delete it because I thought people might
think I looked bad. I already said why I deleted it.

And without it being retrieved, I already apologized.
I don't need others opinions to make me go there.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300373498' post='977542']
One more time.

If Elflocko wants to retrieve it, he can. I can't.

And I didn't delete it because I thought people might
think I looked bad. I already said why I deleted it.

And without it being retrieved, I already apologized.
I don't need others opinions to make me go there.
[/quote]

Grudging, half sarcastic apologies don;t really count.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1300373542' post='977543']
I'm still trying to figure out how Anthony Munoz signing a bomb is shameful. :shrug:

Do people actually think he'd do something like that without being asked? Clearly the troops asked him to do it.
[/quote]

It's not shameful. What he is doing is noble. He is there to support the troops.
He could easily sit in his millionaire dollar home and not be in harms way.
The guy that posted in that thread should have also been commended for
his son and his family's sacrfice. But no. An anti-war person wanted to shame.
And others here thought that was more worthy of rep and discussion.

I think that is what is a damned shame.

Archived