What the F...

Lucid

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300377508' post='977585']
I just think it was sad that others wanted to shame and make that the topic when
there was more positive things to focus on. And when I said that, I was told to
get ready for a "beatdown", and had Jamie talking about murdering people.

Really?

And then you and Bung came in and went with their negativity. Which I aknowledged as such.

So I was like UGH.

Then, well, you know the rest.

Feel what you want. I never said anyone couldn't. I just stated that I think it is pretty damned
sad that people wanted to go there. No one, I mean NO ONE, said to the dude that was serving
and was pumped to see Munoz, thanks. Happy for him, nothing. Instead it went to a dark place.
And I think that is a damned shame.

I just don't know why when the Iraq war is mentioned, some act like they have to berate over it.
Not saying you were. But I was ashamed for jmkbengal at some of the shit that was being said
and no one was aknowledging him. Instead, they thought the shame was more worthy.
[/quote]

For what it's worth I wasn't commenting in accordance with anyone but Bung, which is why he was the only one quoted. After the shit storm started I felt the need to add another serviceman's opinion to the fray so that people could see it and add it to their own "mental weighing" of the issue..

My response was meant to add my personal, unique experience and perspective to the situation.. I wrongfully assumed you and perhaps others would have appreciated hearing how some of us who served felt as well.

I think seeing/knowing someone who got their head blown off by a friendly cluster bomb, and witnessing those who will never be whole again, gives me a certain license on this subject..

No?

Feel what you want. I never said anyone couldn't. I just stated that I think it is pretty damned sad that people wanted to go there. No one, I mean NO ONE, said to the dude that was serving and was pumped to see Munoz, thanks. Happy for him, nothing. Instead it went to a dark place. And I think that is a damned shame.

I just don't know why when the Iraq war is mentioned, some act like they have to berate over it. Not saying you were. But I was ashamed for jmkbengal at some of the shit that was being said and no one was aknowledging him. Instead, they thought the shame was more worthy. [/quote]

No one, really ? I wish you could pull it back up again. I remember saying something to him but in the amount of posts mine was shuffled around. Other than that you are right, it is a was a fairly severe highjack of a thread but shame brought may just be subjective.

Hopefully, jmkbengal can bring his son to a game this year (if there is a season) and hopefully we can [b]ALL[/b] pull a GoBengals.com tailgate together to show him our true support. I'll bring Kentucky's finest straight from the distillery... At least on this we might be able to agree on.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' timestamp='1300377449' post='977584']
Lol. You should revisit the [url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=57317&st=50"]Torture thread[/url]. Link is to page 3 but feel free to reread the entire series of posts.
[/quote]

From that thread ...

[quote]There you go name calling again.
And just so you know, I take strong offense to that.
Don't ever call me that again. I never called you anything.
Show the same respect. This is not a request. It is a statement.
[/quote]

Then you go on to call me names. And have even called me what
I told you not to call me as recently as this week. How do you justify this?

Don't think you have free reign to talk to me and attack me the way you
have in the past. Because no matter what Go, Jamie or anyone else says,
you will be suspended. I am pretty sick of the bullshit. Go suspends and
bans people for less than what you have done to me. Why the hell should
I have to deal with it?

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1300378411' post='977591']
No one, really ? I wish you could pull it back up again. I remember saying something to him but in the amount of posts mine was shuffled around. Other than that you are right, it is a was a fairly severe highjack of a thread but shame brought may just be subjective.

Hopefully, jmkbengal can bring his son to a game this year (if there is a season) and hopefully we can [b]ALL[/b] pull a GoBengals.com tailgate together to show him our true support. I'll bring Kentucky's finest straight from the distillery... At least on this we might be able to agree on.
[/quote]

Sorry Numbers. Yes, you did say something. Sorry.
I remember now. I just remember the majority wanted to take it to a dark place.

Sorry again.

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1300378411' post='977591']

[/quote]

I think the reason it got side tracked is because it is actually a deep issue.. As cool as it is for Munoz to sacrifice his time, and as admirable as it is for anyone to decide to serve their country, these are things already pretty familiar.

The subtleties contained within the action of the signing of a bomb by a well meaning civilan is so much more nuanced. It begged for discussion. And as is now obvious, is a topic people feel the need to explore..

It's a shame it devolved into such ugliness.. But I think it's that very nature of the issue at hand that screams for it's unraveling.

I just think it was sad that others wanted to shame and make that the topic when
there was more positive things to focus on. And when I said that, I was told to
get ready for a "beatdown", and had Jamie talking about murdering people.

Really?

And then you and Bung came in and went with their negativity. Which I aknowledged as such.

So I was like UGH.

Then, well, you know the rest.

Feel what you want. I never said anyone couldn't. I just stated that I think it is pretty damned
sad that people wanted to go there. No one, I mean NO ONE, said to the dude that was serving
and was pumped to see Munoz, thanks. Happy for him, nothing. Instead it went to a dark place.
And I think that is a damned shame.

I just don't know why when the Iraq war is mentioned, some act like they have to berate over it.
Not saying you were. But I was ashamed for jmkbengal at some of the shit that was being said
and no one was aknowledging him. Instead, they thought the shame was more worthy.
[/quote]
You know, for a guy that does all the copying and pasting that you do, one might hope that you would be a bit more diligent in representing the actual words another wrote. Too bad someone deleted the original thread so we can't go back there to see exactly just how it all played out. I made one small statement which [b]you[/b] couldn't leave alone. I let you slide once, but not twice.

In any case, all the subsequent activity kind of demonstrates the character of all the folks involved, for those who are willing to contemplate such things.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1300377672' post='977588']
For what it's worth I wasn't commenting in accordance with anyone but Bung, which is why he was the only one quoted. After the shit storm started I felt the need to add another serviceman's opinion to the fray so that people could see it and add it to their own "mental weighing" of the issue..

My response was meant to add my personal, unique experience and perspective to the situation.. I wrongfully assumed you and perhaps others would have appreciated hearing how some of us who served felt as well.

I think seeing/knowing someone who got their head blown off by a friendly cluster bomb, and witnessing those who will never be whole again, gives me a certain license on this subject..

No?
[/quote]

And all I said was more negativity.

My best friend served 20+ years and recently retired from the military.

Another friend of mine was killed in Iraq.

My son-in-law is currently serving in Afghanistan. I have/had a vested interest in it.

I would serve if I could. But even if I could and didn't it doesn't make my opinion less.

I wasn't saying you couldn't add your opinion. I just hated that it turned negative.
And your post just added to it. You could say you got caught in the cross fire.

And I apologized for that.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' timestamp='1300378862' post='977596']
You know, for a guy that does all the copying and pasting that you do, one might hope that you would be a bit more diligent in representing the actual words another wrote. Too bad someone deleted the original thread so we can't go back there to see exactly just how it all played out. I made one small statement which [b]you[/b] couldn't leave alone. I let you slide once, but not twice.

In any case, all the subsequent activity kind of demonstrates the character of all the folks involved, for those who are willing to contemplate such things.
[/quote]

You keep taking shots at me for posting articles like it's a bad thing.

How bout you put me on ignore and see how fun this place is for you?

I asked Elflocko to retrieve that thread. He said he couldn't. So there.
I have nothing to hide. I didn't delete it because I looked bad or was
ashamed out what I said.

I left it alone. It stayed alone until the next article was posted.
I then commented on people giving that rep while ignoring something more worthy.

You think a guy's son serving in Iraq and pumped to meet Munoz isn't worthy?
Obviously not. You ignored it, and made it about shaming and beatdowns.

Fuck off.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300378506' post='977593']
From that thread ...

Then you go on to call me names. And have even called me what
I told you not to call me as recently as this week. [b]How do you justify this?
[/b]
Don't think you have free reign to talk to me and attack me the way you
have in the past. Because no matter what Go, Jamie or anyone else says,
you will be suspended. I am pretty sick of the bullshit. Go suspends and
bans people for less than what you have done to me. Why the hell should
I have to deal with it?
[/quote]

I think I have carefully explained why I think you are a chickenhawk on a number of occasions. I think the shoe fits.

And now it appears that you are threatening to ban me again. Why don't you just go ahead and do it? You've already shown just what kind of person you are by deleting a thread that offended you, banning me would be just another manifestation of why I think so little of you.

So, knock yourself out, big man.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' timestamp='1300379229' post='977602']
I think I have carefully explained why I think you are a chickenhawk on a number of occasions. I think the shoe fits.

And now it appears that you are threatening to ban me again. Why don't you just go ahead and do it? You've already shown just what kind of person you are by deleting a thread that offended you, banning me would be just another manifestation of why I think so little of you.

So, knock yourself out, big man.
[/quote]

There is a difference between ban and suspend. Ban = gone for good.
Suspend = to make you see what you are doing is unacceptable.

I didn't delete it because it offended me. I deleted it because it was worthless.
There wasn't even a topic anymore.

And I think even less of you. So why don't you ignore me? I can't ignore you.

Don't tell me to do something I want to do already. You might get what you ask for.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300379476' post='977603']
There is a difference between ban and suspend. Ban = gone for good.
Suspend = to make you see what you are doing is unacceptable.

[b]I didn't delete it because it offended me. I deleted it because it was worthless.
There wasn't even a topic anymore.[/b]

And I think even less of you. So why don't you ignore me? I can't ignore you.

Don't tell me to do something I want to do already. You might get what you ask for.
[/quote]
Do you really think you are fooling folks by saying that? As if threads get deleted frequently. Let me give you my interpretation: You made a jackass out of yourself, got called out on it by a number of people, then you added to the foolishness--by [i]subtraction[/i], if you will, and now you are making an even greater fool of yourself by your behavior now. You really think there is some lesson I need to be taught? That what I say is unacceptable? What a laugh-riot. I've got a hundred dollars that says if we took a poll of all the instances in which each of us cussed someone out, that you would surpass me by far.

Tengo un nariz como un bicho? Que lastima para mi!

[quote name='Homer_Rice' timestamp='1300380432' post='977607']
Do you really think you are fooling folks by saying that? As if threads get deleted frequently. Let me give you my interpretation: You made a jackass out of yourself, got called out on it by a number of people, then you added to the foolishness--by [i]subtraction[/i], if you will, and now you are making an even greater fool of yourself by your behavior now. You really think there is some lesson I need to be taught? That what I say is unacceptable? What a laugh-riot. I've got a hundred dollars that says if we took a poll of all the instances in which each of us cussed someone out, that you would surpass me by far.[/quote]

You didn't even see what was said this morning. You don't know what led
me to just say fuck it and delete this worthless thread, so why act like you do know?

You don't. You are biased. You think very little of me. You think I am beneath you.
You made all of that known way before today. So please (see me asking nicely)
just stop now.

The lesson is show the same amount of respect you are being shown.
No one is telling you to respect me. Or have feelings you don't.
But you don't have to spew venom when it isn't being spit your way.

And how I acted in the past has no bearing on now. And when I cussed someone
out you will see the majority of the time it was me reacting to what they said.
Fact is, I never once cussed you or disrespected you until you called me names
and disrespected me. Not once.

But whatever. Don't listen. Act the way you think you should act. Act like I am
beneath you, then use how I am or use to be to justify your own actions.
How does that make sense to anyone but you? Oh wait, and Jamie.

[quote name='Bengal Migration' timestamp='1300380973' post='977614']
I love watching oldschooler try to prove he's not a complete fucktard.

Go that that PC that Go sent you (that I basically paid for with my donations) and shove it up your retarded ass. :wave:
[/quote]

Wow. Seriously?

I am done. I can't believe how polarizing I am here anymore.

What Migration said to me and about me really hurt my feelings.

I have never been anything but nice to him.

I guess I need to go look in the mirror.

I am seriously crushed.

I use this place as an ecscape. And now all I seem to get is insulted and demeaned.

It just isn't fun for me anymore. And hasn't been for awhile.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300381749' post='977623']

I am seriously crushed.

I use this place as an ecscape. And now all I seem to get is insulted and demeaned.

[/quote]

I don't understand why you get overly attacked. I do know you have a hard time just stating your point and letting things go, but the name calling and ganging up goes way too far. Without knowing a person in real life and/or walking in their shoes a lot of people here get very careless with their accusations.

[quote name='Bengal Migration' timestamp='1300380973' post='977614']
I love watching oldschooler try to prove he's not a complete fucktard.

[img] http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo130/Dj-essen/popcorn.gif[/img]

Go that that PC that Go sent you (that I basically paid for with my donations) and shove it up your retarded ass. :wave:
[/quote]

Dude. I really don't see how that helped anything.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300381749' post='977623']

I am seriously crushed.

[/quote]

I don't mean to pour salt on a wound, but would like to give you friendly (yes, friendly) advice... You don't need to argue everything so vehemently. State your piece and let others be the judge... You will never convince someone in argument that they are wrong. The best you can hope for is reflection after the fact. An occurrence made far less likely the more you force someone into their foxhole.

I have always liked you man.. And when you say you haven't enjoyed it here for a while I get it.. I have seen it in your postings. I think you have made some things personal for yourself and it is poisoning you.

Let it go and comfort yourself that there is no arguing against stupid.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300379594' post='977604']
Wait, what's that I hear? The patter of Jamie's feet running to Go?

lol
[/quote]

I was asked to deal with it this time, I sent it to Go because I was involved, much like I do whenever Im involved.

Oh and nobody is getting banned.

Let me just say this. I just didn't like where Homer took the thread after
you had someone post saying how pumped his son was over Munoz visiting.

Homer's feelings on the war and me are well known. It just sickened me that
people were more on his shaming than what I thought they should be.

I know Homer's feelings about the war, and me in particular, so yes, I am
sure that played a big part in what I said and how I took what others said.
And for that, I apologized and am apologizing again now.

I don't know. I don't think what I said should have turned into what it did.
But it did. And per usual, I am the bad guy. But I am the bad guy to most
of the usual suspects. So big deal. I don't give a fuck what they think about
me anyway. Never have and never will.

And I do know I am pretty sick of it all.

After my Brother died I really have tried to be a better person on here. But when
you have people insulting you and shit. You have a Mod that is part of the
insulting and rather than be a Mod, runs to the site owner to take have the
owner take his side. And all the bullshit that goes with this place and my
life right now, I am just spent.

I live in a place I fucking hate with a passion. I have people I love dying on me
left and right in a place I am homesick for. I get on here for an ecscape and all
it does is add to my misery anymore. I mean really. I don't want a thread that
could be easily viewed in a positive light in different aspects to be turned to
a dark thing. I state it. And now we are here. Being insulted by someone I even
considered a "friend" It all has me shaking my damned head.

I don't know if it is me so much as it is this place anymore. I do know I haven't
liked it here for quite some time now. It isn't fun. I can't state my opinion without
some asshole attacking me and calling me an asshole. Or acting like I am a liar.
And a bunch of other stupid shit.

I really am torn. I mean I spent more time than everyone here combined pimping
this place on numerous sites. Search for and posting articles and info that would
bring people here if they searched for the info. And all I feel like I get in return anymore
is hassle and grief. I mean really, it seems like some people rather insult me than thank me.
I am not asking for thanks or gratitude. But I sure as hell don't need all the insults and
shit anymore. I never needed them. Now I really don't.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1300383197' post='977628']
I was asked to deal with it this time, I sent it to Go because I was involved, much like I do whenever Im involved.

Oh and nobody is getting banned.
[/quote]

Jamie, I really seriously truly honestly can not believe the disdain I have for you.
I mean seriously. I would love nothing more than to punch you in the throat.
You are without a doubt the biggest douchebag I have ever had the displeasure
of having to read words typed from. Thank God I have never and will never meet you.

You are part of the problem here. You are a Mod and you attacked me just as
much if not more than Homer did, and not only did you participate, you went
to Go like I had done something wrong.

Let me assure you, if I want to suspend Homer for actions that I deem worthy. I will.
I don't need your permission or acceptance. You can re-instate him, and then I can
suspend him again. If Go wants to take away my Mod powers over doing what he
himself would do if you and Homer talked to him the way you talk to me, then have
at it. He might as well delete my account while he is at it.

I am not saying I am suspending Homer right now. I am not saying it is either him
or me. I am saying if the bullshit continues it is within my power and rights to take action
that Go himself would take. And you, you motherfucker can't and won't tell me otherwise.
Get it? Got it? Great.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300385230' post='977640']
Jamie, I really seriously truly honestly can not believe the disdain I have for you.
I mean seriously. I would love nothing more than to punch you in the throat.
You are without a doubt the biggest douchebag I have ever had the displeasure
of having to read words typed from. Thank God I have never and will never meet you.

You are part of the problem here. You are a Mod and you attacked me just as
much if not more than Homer did, and not only did you participate, you went
to Go like I had done something wrong.

Let me assure you, if I want to suspend Homer for actions that I deem worthy. I will.
I don't need your permission or acceptance. You can re-instate him, and then I can
suspend him again. If Go wants to take away my Mod powers over doing what he
himself would do if you and Homer talked to him the way you talk to me, then have
at it. He might as well delete my account while he is at it.

I am not saying I am suspending Homer right now. I am not saying it is either him
or me. I am saying if the bullshit continues it is within my power and rights to take action
that Go himself would take. And you, you motherfucker can't and won't tell me otherwise.
Get it? Got it? Great.
[/quote]

I really dont care what you think at this point, im done with it.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300385230' post='977640']

Get it? Got it? Great.
[/quote]

Old, take a deep breath man. Everyone has taken their lumps. Maybe we lock this thread and let the wounds heal a little on all sides?

Archived