What the F...

Lucid

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1300370079' post='977474']
and you might want to try not assigning things to people that dont fit

no it is what it always is, old said something and deleted (or sometimes locks) the thread so he can have the last word, this isnt the first time he has done this
[/quote]

I locked one fucking thread one fucking time on Scharm. And I unlocked it soon after.

The only thread I deleted before that was in use was Go making the infamous Best News Ever thread.

So please spare me the bullshit.

[quote name='CincyInDC' timestamp='1300370377' post='977481']
[size="6"]I'm pretty sure this is the best way to convince Go to shut down this subforum. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! [/size]
[/quote]

So i assume you are fine with mods deleting threads because they are pissed?

That is lame if you ask me.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300370367' post='977480']
I locked one fucking thread one fucking time on Scharm. And I unlocked it soon after.

The only thread I deleted before that was in use was Go making the infamous Best News Ever thread.

So please spare me the bullshit.
[/quote]

I have had to take things to Go on this issue more than once

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1300370445' post='977483']

[/quote]

What the fuck does me being a Mod have to do with shit?

I would have deleted it if I wasn't a Mod.

I am not editing your posts. I am not deleting threads YOU made.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1300370466' post='977485']
I have had to take things to Go on this issue more than once
[/quote]

And what issue would that be Jamie? Me locking threads and deleting them?
Really?

Either you are full of shit or Go doesn't care what you think. Because he has\
never said anything to me about anything. Because for one, I don't do what
you are accusing me of. Ever. The only time Go has ever said anything to me
was when he said that Homer wouldn't be banned. So please fuck off now.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' timestamp='1300370459' post='977484']
Does this mean I lost all those upvote points?
[/quote]

You still got them Mr Wonderful.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1300370445' post='977483']

[/quote]

Don't start with me, Michelle. I was referring to the entire mess.

Homer posting in J&D forums is fine with me. He can even post in the other forums too. Not my business. Homer has a unique gift of combining philosophy with facts. Kind of a fun poster to follow but impossible to argue with because once it starts there is only one right answer... Then when all else fails he brings out his disco costume to mock other people with...

I enjoy philosophy at times but do not adhere to all of the teachings (see St. Augustine for further information). This whole discussion on the previous post reminded me of the allegory of the cave (Plato). Each person in the post believed their own set of truths and were standing behind them. However, when I saw the amount of people piling on OLD he took on the role of the one person who went out into the light from the cave and tried to re-educate the people still living in the shadows. In other words, this stopped being a dialectic conversation the moment reason went out the window and turned into a debate and/or rhetoric (depending on which poster was steering the conversation).

As Homer would probably agree, a dialectic approach would probably benefit the progression of peace in the world but rhetoric never will. We should all be able to agree there is way too much rhetoric in the world.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1300370869' post='977493']
I just deleted one of my own threads. I am not, nor will I ever be a Mod.
[/quote]

We should all just start deleting our own threads willy-nilly so Go turns that feature off.

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1300370855' post='977492']
Homer posting in J&D forums is fine with me. He can even post in the other forums too. Not my business. Homer has a unique gift of combining philosophy with facts. Kind of a fun poster to follow but impossible to argue with because once it starts there is only one right answer... Then when all else fails he brings out his disco costume to mock other people with...

I enjoy philosophy at times but do not adhere to all of the teachings (see St. Augustine for further information). This whole discussion on the previous post reminded me of the allegory of the cave (Plato). Each person in the post believed their own set of truths and were standing behind them. [b]However, when I saw the amount of people piling on OLD he took on the role of the one person who went out into the light from the cave and tried to re-educate the people still living in the shadows.[/b] In other words, this stopped being a dialectic conversation the moment reason went out the window and turned into a debate and/or rhetoric (depending on which poster was steering the conversation).

As Homer would probably agree, a dialectic approach would probably benefit the progression of peace in the world but rhetoric never will. We should all be able to agree there is way too much rhetoric in the world.
[/quote]

Ummm ... Wha?

Only 2 people "piled on"... I made a response to an entirely different poster.. It had nothing to do with Old... He picked his own fight there.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300370734' post='977488']
And what issue would that be Jamie? Me locking threads and deleting them?
Really?

Either you are full of shit or Go doesn't care what you think. Because he has\
never said anything to me about anything. Because for one, I don't do what
you are accusing me of. Ever. The only time Go has ever said anything to me
was when he said that Homer wouldn't be banned. So please fuck off now.

You still got them Mr Wonderful.
[/quote]

1. When you did that to sharm I mentioned to a few mods that i didnt think you had the self control to allow arguments to keep going and not have the last word and use your mod powers to ensure that
2. When you threatened homer in an argument you were a part of I said something then too
and 3. Now

Its one thing to be a mod and handle these things when your not a part of them, its entirely another when you are involved, imo when any mod is involved (and i include myself) they should recurse themselves from mod duties as it makes them look like they are being unfair to those they are arguing with

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1300370869' post='977493']
I just deleted one of my own threads. I am not, nor will I ever be a Mod.
[/quote]

Well that is lame... A piss poor feature if you ask me.

Still isn't cool.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1300370970' post='977497']
1. When you did that to sharm I mentioned to a few mods that i didnt think you had the self control to allow arguments to keep going and not have the last word and use your mod powers to ensure that
2. When you threatened homer in an argument you were a part of I said something then too
and 3. Now

Its one thing to be a mod and handle these things when your not a part of them, its entirely another when you are involved, imo when any mod is involved (and i include myself) they should recurse themselves from mod duties as it makes them look like they are being unfair to those they are arguing with
[/quote]

every poster who starts a thread has the power to delete it.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1300371072' post='977501']
every poster who starts a thread has the power to delete it.
[/quote]

It didn't used to be that way.. Once someone replied only a mod could get rif of it.. Which is how it should be if you ask me.. What is the point in engaging in a discussion if the OP can just delete the thread when they don't like the direction the convo is taking.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1300370970' post='977497']
and 3. Now

[/quote]

Really? I locked the thread as a joke. I saw Scharm replying and knew it would
make him get an error message. I immediately unlocked it and let him say what he
had to say. It was a one time thing.

I threatened to ban Homer because of the way he was talking to me for expressing
my opinion. And I wouldn't have banned him, I would have suspended him, which
I clearly stated. Go has done that shit quite a bit in the past. So is he out of control
too?

So where are the all of these issues? I deleted my own fucking thread. 1181 just did it too
and he isn't a Mod.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1300371207' post='977504']
It didn't used to be that way.. Once someone replied only a mod could get rif of it.. Which is how it should be if you ask me.. What is the point in engaging in a discussion if the OP can just delete the thread when they don't like the direction the convo is taking.
[/quote]

I don't really see it as a big deal. Its very rare that a poster deletes his own thread. And usually when they do, its warranted.

Archived