Fuckin' Reds

Guest BengalBacker

Guest BengalBacker

Bases loaded, nobody out in the 1st inning. Griffey lines out. Dunn walks to force in a run. Kearns and Aurilia strike out. <_<

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Jun 5 2005, 02:22 PM']Bases loaded, nobody out in the 1st inning. Griffey lines out. Dunn walks to force in a run. Kearns and Aurilia strike out.  <_<
[right][post="99693"][/post][/right][/quote]
I hate to say it, but my beloved Reds really suck right now...I smell a fire sale that would include Dunn and/or Kearns...

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Jun 5 2005, 04:35 PM']I hate to say it, but my beloved Reds really suck right now...I smell a fire sale that would include Dunn and/or Kearns...
[right][post="99698"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
If this continues I wouldn't be surprised at all to see those two and the manager gone by the all star break.........

Does Bobby Valentine or Larry Bowa have a coaching job yet? We need a hard ass to get these slackers to work harder....

Did anyone catch the interview with that fool John Allen? What a bozo! He said that Carl Lindner is a winner of an owner and he's been a winner his whole life!

Fuck yeah dipshit, he wins whether or not the Reds win, the fans are the losers!

Oh yeah, what ever they're paying the human batting tee David Weathers, its too much!

Guest BlackJesus
[color="red"]Hopefully it will all be over soon [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img] [/color]

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Jun 5 2005, 11:35 PM'][color="red"]Hopefully it will all be over soon  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img] [/color]
[right][post="99799"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://media.funny.co.uk/files/2729.jpg[/img]

This may be old, but we call 'em the FREDS. Which stands for the F***in' REDS! Time to check out some minor league parks - such as Louisville, because you are paying a Major League price for Minor League talent in Great American Ballpark.

[quote name='Droopy' date='Jun 6 2005, 05:22 PM']This may be old, but we call 'em the FREDS.  Which stands for the F***in' REDS!  Time to check out some minor league parks - such as Louisville, because you are paying a Major League price for Minor League talent in Great American Ballpark.
[right][post="99899"][/post][/right][/quote]

Daytons closer :excl: Plus you can pick up a $5 hooker right after the game [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='Storm' date='Jun 6 2005, 05:20 PM']Daytons closer :excl:  Plus you can pick up a $5 hooker right after the game [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]
[right][post="99982"][/post][/right][/quote]

I'd recommend one of the $20 female ones though.

B)

I've about had it with the Reds.
They are now 6-22 on the road, and they were swept by the worst team in the NL.
I just don't know what to say. I doubt putting management heads onto the chopping block would do any good, unless we actively pursue a fiery manager that can control his clubhouse.
I want to see trades (Dunn, Kearns) for young pitching that we not only develop but [i]keep[/i], instead of shipping them off elsewhere once the become good and expensive...
Goddamn Reds are breaking my twisted, shriveled black heart... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img]

[quote name='Droopy' date='Jun 6 2005, 12:22 PM']This may be old, but we call 'em the FREDS.  Which stands for the F***in' REDS!  Time to check out some minor league parks - such as Louisville, because you are paying a Major League price for Minor League talent in Great American Ballpark.
[right][post="99899"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Florence Freedom sounds like a good time.

Guest BengalBacker
Miley fighting uphill battle
By Hal McCoy

Dayton Daily News

It was so silent in the post-game clubhouse Sunday in Denver that one could hear a managerial contract hit the carpeted floor, even if it was torn into small pieces.

Dave Miley remains manager of the Cincinnati Reds today, but he knows, the coaches know, the players know, it could change at the drop of two or three more games.

Normally, any time is a good time to play the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. Not now. Not for the Cincinnati Reds. They are on notice. They must win. They have to win. That's added pressure, even if it is against the Devil Rays.

When you are on the road for the last day of a six-day trip and the boss flies three hours for a closed-door meeting, that's not a good thing, whether you are a marshmallow salesman, a truck driver or a baseball manager.

Club president John Allen's surprise, "Hi, I'm here," entrance into the Reds clubhouse Sunday was a message as clear as if he had it stamped on his forehead: "This is not acceptable. Heads will roll."

Allen made it clear to Miley and the coaches, and he made it plain and simple to the media and the players: "Last place is not acceptable and losing to last-place teams is not acceptable."

After his meeting with Miley, Allen said, "We're not saying we're better than the St. Louis Cardinals, but we expected much more than this."

When CEO Carl Lindner approved a payroll increase of $17 million this year — pushing it to $60 million — he wasn't paying to be an extra-large punching bag on which the dregs of the National League practiced left hooks and right crosses, even if a few of the investments are duds.

It was expected that the Reds would put something together on the just-completed trip and in the first three home games after the trip. They had nine straight games against last-place teams — three in Houston, three in Colorado and three at home against Tampa Bay.

Things began fittingly, a victory in Houston in a game started by Roger Clemens. The Reds displayed puffed-up chests for one day. They lost the next two in Houston and three in Colorado, each loss going from homely to ugly.

What they have turned out to be is a doctor from frontier days, the ol' doc who rode a horse from town to town, curing people as he went. That's what the Reds are doing for oft-beaten teams, curing what ails them.

And as Allen said over and over, "This is not acceptable."

After he delivered his message as if he were a combination of Fed-Ex and UPS — Fed-UP — Allen watched the Reds do it the way they've done it so often this season.

They lost Sunday to the Rockies, 8-6, because they couldn't hold two leads, they couldn't hit with runners on base and the bullpen was more bull than pen. To Allen, it was Groundhog Day.

"Our message to our fans is that we're not sitting around twiddling our thumbs," said Allen. "We do care."

There has been too much thumb-twiddling on the mound and in the batter's box, and fans in Great American Ball Park (those showing up) are voicing their loud-larynxed displeasure.

Noise is one thing, lack of cash flow is another.

Miley's major problem, if it is a problem, is that he is highly protective of his players. He does not criticize them publicly, doesn't throw them under the Greyhound.

This works twofold against him. Players know they won't be held accountable in the media by the manager ... screw up and he'll cover up. And it gives the fans the false idea that Miley isn't tough on his players, that he permits them to make the same mistakes over and over.

All this is not Miley's doing. Others are accountable, too, from the front office to the playing field. The club's top two pitchers, Paul Wilson and Eric Milton are busts — Wilson at $8.2 million over two years and Milton at $25.5 million over three years.

Second baseman D'Angelo Jimenez was signed to a $2.82 million one-year contract and sat on it, sulking when he didn't play and sulking when he played poorly.

Bullpen acquisition Ben Weber is hiding on the disabled list and infielder Rich Aurilia is a body waiting to be traded or released.

The mishandling of the Danny Graves situation was not Miley's doing, but it was his recommendation that something be done "because we couldn't keep running him out there." The way it was handled, tossing Graves into the compost, was divisive in the clubhouse because Graves was ultra-popular.

Miley lost points when he removed the massage lounge chairs from in front of the dressing stalls of Adam Dunn and Ken Griffey Jr., two of his most visible clubhouse inhabitants.

Somebody, though, has to pony up. Status quo stinks right now. Whether he deserves it, Miley is on his back staring at the undercarriage of a bus. And it's probably moving.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Jun 9 2005, 01:19 AM']Eric Milton is garbage!
[right][post="100950"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Wasn't you one of the ones with all the excitement about his signing?

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='Storm' date='Jun 8 2005, 08:59 PM']Wasn't you one of the ones with all the excitement about his signing?
[right][post="100958"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Yeah, along with everyone else.

Guest BengalsOwn
Willy Mo Pena walk off homer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On his own bobble head night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Jun 8 2005, 09:19 PM']Eric Milton is garbage!
[right][post="100950"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Let me first off start off by saying I'm not a Reds fan, but the day they signed him I knew it would be trouble for this organization. I had Milton on my fantasy baseball team last year, he had a high ERA and was always eratic but got a lot of wins thanks to a high power offense. The number of wins was decieving and he got a lot of teams to bite, on a pitcher who in his best year wasn't great at all. When the Reds signed him, I was pretty sure they made a bad move, sure enough they did.

If I could see this, someone in the Reds organization should have seen it too, just reiterates my point, they need to start firing people, starting at the top and working their way down.

[quote name='CTA513' date='Jun 11 2005, 01:48 PM']Dunn it stinking it up out there lately, someone needs to give him a good kick to the nuts.
:ninja:
[right][post="101964"][/post][/right][/quote]

they keep dropping him in the batting order... frankly, i think dunn may be the best candidate to leave, he is all but worthless, if JR wasnt so damn old out outfield would be ok with him and pena and kearns or a youngster, but he is ancient and probably will be hurt soon. ... but we need to rid ourselves of dunn..

or maybe get some new coahces everywhere so maybe our players can get better....

[quote name='CTA513' date='Jun 11 2005, 06:48 PM']Dunn it stinking it up out there lately, someone needs to give him a good kick to the nuts.
:ninja:
[right][post="101964"][/post][/right][/quote]

Pretty bad when you're stinking it up and leading the league in HRs :rolleyes:

Guest BengalBacker
Is it just me or doesn't it seem like Dunn just needs to quit trying to hit it 500 feet on every swing. He has enough natural power that he'd probably hit more home runs and less strike outs if he was just swinging more for contact. A 420 foot home run is just as good as a 500 foot one. I think the proof of it is how long it's been since he had a sacrifice fly. Like 2 years or something.

I'd hate to get rid of somebody who's going to hit 40 to 50 home runs every year, but he could be so much better, especially with runners on base.

Archived