2011 Reds Gameday Thread!

JBandJoeyV

Kind of Reds related since hes in the division:

Matt Holliday to undergo appendectomy
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cardinal-beat/article_332f9d6a-5c89-11e0-a54e-0019bb30f31a.html

Also some comments from Jim Edmonds on the Reds:
[quote]
[b]Edmonds on Reds[/b]

Click [url="http://www.kfns.com/podcast/Episodes.aspx?PID=1949"]HERE[/url] to listen to an interview he did with 590 KFNS "The Fan" in St Louis.
Among the highlights:

[b]*On his lingering foot injury and not being able to go to spring training with St Louis:[/b]
"Awful, it's still awful. I still can't do so many things I want to do. It's really frustrating. I don't know the right words to use towards the Cincinnati doctors. I'm in a situation I thought I'd never be in this situation. I can't walk and I chase my kids around. It's not healing. Surgery is the option right now. That would be a year rehab. I'm not looking forward to that. I still think I can play.

[b]*On the trade from Milwaukee to Cincinnati:[/b]
"I think I left Milwaukee hitting .295. I was driving the ball more and really playing more. The worst thing I did was accept that trade for Walt (Jocketty)...I should have shut it down and went home...I'd be healthy right now and probably playing." (He was playing hurt while in Milwaukee).

[b]*On the Reds this year and last year:[/b]
"They are still pretty young. I kind of a had a feeling that playoff experience was going to play out the way it did. They didn't seem like they were ready last year. It's a different monster when you get in the playoffs. You need some veterans and guys that really step up.....and you need to be ready to play. You see they weren't.....They were really young and really naive. I hope for their sake that helps them a little bit."

[b]*On the makeup of Reds:[/b]
"They have a bunch of good guys...other than that one situation (fight w/Cards) and that one player (Phillips).
It's a really young, nice group of guys. It put a black eye on therest of the rivalry. They are all pretty good. I kind of looked at like my Cubs experience.....I went in thinking God these guys are gonna be a pain....but they are all actually pretty good except that one guy. There are a few guys that have chips on their shoulders. Overall, the 1B, their young CF, their young RF are great guys. Their LF Johnny Gomes I think is very misread. Obviously Scotty is over there and their catcher is pretty good. And they have some good backups. I don't know they are as talented as we would be in St Louis...but that's why they play 162 games.

http://www.espn1530.com/pages/lancesBlog.html?an=Friday-April-1[/quote]

Fuck Jim Edmonds. He should "shut it down and go home", we really don't need a washed up has been hanging around who can't produce, and obviously isn't going to be a positive leader in the club house.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1301853454' post='981662']
is it me, or did Ricky Weeks have a visit from the Steriods Fairy this offseason?
[/quote]
He hit 29 homeruns last year and has always had a above average amount of power. Just has spotty pitch selection it seems.

Reds are playing great ball today. This is awesome.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1301855369' post='981669']
He hit 29 homeruns last year and has always had a above average amount of power. Just has spotty pitch selection it seems.

Reds are playing great ball today. This is awesome.
[/quote]

hmm, maybe I'm getting him mixed up with someone else. he just seems much bigger than I remember, and don't ever remember him being much of a power guy.

Archived