2011 Reds Gameday Thread!

JBandJoeyV

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1306976017' post='995618']
This team is full of guys that cant hit for shit right now, including brandon phillips, scott rolen and even joey votto. Bruce is single handedly carrying this offense, no one else is doing jack shit.

Starting pitching isnt helping much either.

And this team is .500. I have no reason to believe that once we heat up we wont win the division, but we better not dig ourselves too big a hole right now with everyone struggling.
[/quote]

Let me reiterate. Jay Bruce IS the reds offense right now. Another 2 run shot for Bruce.

Come on lets score a couple more runs and win this game.

I wish Miguel Cairo played LF..

Fred Lewis just doesn't do it for me. He just has not brought much to the table that Johnny doesn't already bring. We need to get into the market for a stud LF or bring up Yonder.

I love good coco. Im starting to like our bullpen a lot again, I really like Logan, Masset, Coco, and Bray. Arrendando has been piching good too considering hes essentially our 4th right handed relief option. If Chapman figures it out and pitches like he can we could have a great bullpen.

If starting pitching comes around and Rolen starts to give us SOMETHING then we can get right back to the top of this division.

In the meantime i'd strongly considering making a big trade for Matt Kemp. Don't know what it would take, but a 2-5 of Phillips, Votto, Kemp, and Bruce could be the best in the league hands down if it were to happen.

I see your point, but I'd rather go after a top SS rather than another outfielder. You can always move Heisey to LF, though I really like him as a pinch hitter. SS is a weak spot offensively in the majors, and if I'm not mistaken there's not much by was of SS in the minors either.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1307154917' post='995941']
I see your point, but I'd rather go after a top SS rather than another outfielder. You can always move Heisey to LF, though I really like him as a pinch hitter. SS is a weak spot offensively in the majors, and if I'm not mistaken there's not much by was of SS in the minors either.
[/quote]

I just think Jose Reyes will cost too much both as a package and salary.

Thinking about it Id go all in on a stud pitcher. Dont know who will be out there though. I think this could very easily be a potential starting lineup next year, and this is without trading for anyone...

Sappelt, Phillips, Votto, Mesoraco, Bruce, Stubbs, Rolen/Frazier/Francisco, Janish/Frazier/Cozart

That is a solid young lineup that could put up tons of runs.

A package including Alsono and others should be able to get us something pretty good. If we can go out and get a top SP, SS, or LF I will be very happy.

My top 4 position players I would like to get are Kemp, Ethier, Pence, and Reyes. Not sure about pitchers yet have to do more research.

I'd love Kemp. He would be a monster at GABP and fill a huge need. That LF spot is a revolving door and with the Dodgers having the financial issues, why not get what we can. I'm not big on Reyes, because I don't think he plays very good defense, and with out pitchers, extra outs probably isn't what we need. He would be great offensively for us though.

If we can get Stubbs to cut down on those strikeouts and starting taking some more walks, this team is going to get extremely hot, extremely fast.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1307165832' post='995967']
I'd love Kemp. He would be a monster at GABP and fill a huge need. That LF spot is a revolving door and with the Dodgers having the financial issues, why not get what we can. I'm not big on Reyes, because I don't think he plays very good defense, and with out pitchers, extra outs probably isn't what we need. He would be great offensively for us though.

If we can get Stubbs to cut down on those strikeouts and starting taking some more walks, this team is going to get extremely hot, extremely fast.
[/quote]

Reds seem to get very hot for a couple weeks then cold for a couple weeks. If we could just go a little over .500 we would be fine.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1307153817' post='995938']
I love good coco. Im starting to like our bullpen a lot again, I really like Logan, Masset, Coco, and Bray. Arrendando has been piching good too considering hes essentially our 4th right handed relief option. If Chapman figures it out and pitches like he can we could have a great bullpen.

If starting pitching comes around and Rolen starts to give us SOMETHING then we can get right back to the top of this division.

In the meantime i'd strongly considering making a big trade for Matt Kemp. Don't know what it would take, but a 2-5 of Phillips, Votto, Kemp, and Bruce could be the best in the league hands down if it were to happen.
[/quote]

so much for giving this bullpen props...gave up 5 runs in the 8th.

kemp would rake in this ball park, we need to find a way to get him.

I think I've got another brilliant idea. Fisher to the 15 day DL. Dude was fooling no one out there. His pitches had zero movement. Dusty's going to ruin the guy.

And ditto on Kemp. Get this guy on the team. He would be a staple in that lineup for years to come. Not that I think we have the brass balls to do it, nor do we have the funds to keep a lot of all-stars on the roster.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1307247423' post='996054']
I think I've got another brilliant idea. Fisher to the 15 day DL. Dude was fooling no one out there. His pitches had zero movement. Dusty's going to ruin the guy.

And ditto on Kemp. Get this guy on the team. He would be a staple in that lineup for years to come. Not that I think we have the brass balls to do it, nor do we have the funds to keep a lot of all-stars on the roster.
[/quote]

15 day DL would probably be the best for Fisher since it would give him a good amount of rest that his arm likely needs whether he or the Reds want to admit it.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1307247816' post='996057']
Would love to have Kemp but I just don't think the Dodgers will trade him. He is their best player and he is only making 7 million. He also has another year of arbitration left.
[/quote]

depends. Friday night they were talking about the Dodgers may not be able to pay their players here shortly with the owner's pending divorce and they still owe Manny Ramirez and another player (forget who) a boatload of money.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1307281129' post='996072']
depends. Friday night they were talking about the Dodgers may not be able to pay their players here shortly with the owner's pending divorce and they still owe Manny Ramirez and another player (forget who) a boatload of money.
[/quote]
True but he is only the 5th highest paid player on their team. If they are going to start dumping salary it will start with Furcal at 13 million and Kuroda at 11 million.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1307233781' post='996042']
they pulled cueto after only 88 pitches? WTF.
[/quote]

it was a 4-2 game with guys on second and third and they pinch hit with heisey who hit a 2 run single...i guess it comes down to what would you rather have a 2 run lead with 6 outs left with cueto at 88 pitches or a 4 run lead with 6 outs needed by the bullpen...

either way the bullpen is to blame, no one else really imo.

Archived