2011 Reds Gameday Thread!

JBandJoeyV

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1307285692' post='996077']
it was a 4-2 game with guys on second and third and they pinch hit with heisey who hit a 2 run single...i guess it comes down to what would you rather have a 2 run lead with 6 outs left with cueto at 88 pitches or a 4 run lead with 6 outs needed by the bullpen...

either way the bullpen is to blame, no one else really imo.
[/quote]

I wasn't watching at that point, thanks. I thought it was already 7-2.

Jay Bruce=GOAT in RF. Robbery that he isn't first in all star voting.

Leake was benefited by some great defense tonight. Got out of multiple, multiple jams. Good for him. That's what we need. Let your defense do the work..because it seems like the guys are trying to hard and that's resulting in too many walks. Great start. Gain a game on the Cards and keep on trucking.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1307410567' post='996273']
Jay bruce continuing to raise that batting average...3/4 tonight.

Leake with great start 7 innings 2 runs...lets get some more insurance just in case the bullpen decides to do a repeat performance of Saturday.
[/quote]

Correction 8 innings pitched...we really needed him to go deep tonight and he did the job.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1307412392' post='996284']
If there's a better defensive short stop in the NL than Paul Janish, I don't know who it is.
[/quote]

If there is a worse offensive short stop in the NL than Paul Janish, I don't know who it is.

:)

No, I agree with you Jason, it just sucks his bat is so awful. Even if he could just hit .260 it would be good enough for me to justify the 8th spot in the order and starting SS.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1307412704' post='996287']
If there is a worse offensive short stop in the NL than Paul Janish, I don't know who it is.

:)

No, I agree with you Jason, it just sucks his bat is so awful. Even if he could just hit .260 it would be good enough for me to justify the 8th spot in the order and starting SS.
[/quote]

If we could get Gomes and Rolen going, I really wouldn't care what Janish hit.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1307449657' post='996316']
Yay! :headbang:

Thank God for the Cubs and Brewers this season!
[/quote]

Don't forget the Astros and Cardinals.

I'm just pissed we can't beat the Pirates. If we had beat the Pirates the way we should, we'd be in second place.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1307453193' post='996336']
Don't forget the Astros and Cardinals.

I'm just pissed we can't beat the Pirates. If we had beat the Pirates the way we should, we'd be in second place.
[/quote]

Here we come baby. Coming to GITCHA!
Pirates are vastly improved this year, we're only 1/2 game behind you guys.

Archived