George W Bush seems to be supporting...

Guest bengalrick

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' date='Jun 7 2005, 04:35 PM']The thing is, with the Democratic party a complete joke right now (and I'm registered Democrat), a guy like McCain may alienate some of his, for lack of a better term, constituency, but he would bring over a huge number of swing voters who are feeling alienated by their own party.
[right][post="100438"][/post][/right][/quote]

i'll say this, if he makes it past the primilaries... he'll be the president... he will have some work to do though...

i agree, he is a moderates dream... i would probably support him too, and i've never even been called a democrat or liberal... he would take the white house, if he can make to that point...

supposidly he was asked by kerry to be his VP... if that would have came true, we would be saying president kerry right now :blink: [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//31.gif[/img]

Guest Bengal_Smoov

I would support McCain, in fact in the 2000 election he was the candidate I was hoping I could vote for..Imagine me voting Republican.. :mellow: :o :D

Gulliani however is another story, he's almost as bad as Bush, imo..He is a scumbag,hypocritical, asshole imo... :D

So lets recap: McCain=good...Gulliani=Bad

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jun 7 2005, 11:01 PM']I would support McCain, in fact in the 2000 election he was the candidate I was hoping I could vote for..Imagine me voting Republican.. :mellow:   :o   :D

Gulliani however is another story, he's almost as bad as Bush, imo..He is a  scumbag,hypocritical, asshole imo... :D

So lets recap: McCain=good...Gulliani=Bad
[right][post="100519"][/post][/right][/quote]

Yeah smoov you voting republican would be a shocker. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]

I think there are several types that both sides could be happy with. Guys that tend to bring people together, and while I didnt vote for McCain in the primarys (mostly due to the fact I thought I remembered reading an article about him wanting to expand the H1-B visa's, turned out I was mistaken). I think someone like him would be good for brining americans together.

Now if were talking about healing the divide in this nation and who those types of guys that could do it... my dream ticket would be McCain/Powel (but Powel I have a feeling is done with public service)

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Jun 7 2005, 10:12 PM']Yeah smoov you voting republican would be a shocker.  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

I think there are several types that both sides could be happy with. Guys that tend to bring people together, and while I didnt vote for McCain in the primarys (mostly due to the fact I thought I remembered reading an article about him wanting to expand the H1-B visa's, turned out I was mistaken). I think someone like him would be good for brining americans together.

Now if were talking about healing the divide in this nation and who those types of guys that could do it... my dream ticket would be McCain/Powel (but Powel I have a feeling is done with public service)
[right][post="100520"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

How about McCain/Obama or whatever the hell that guys name is..That ticket would win without voter fraud!!

Kerry wanted a bi-partisain ticket and Zell Miller openly supports Republicans, why not get two of the most promising politicians around and put them together..That would really bring America together, imo..

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jun 8 2005, 12:06 AM']How about McCain/Obama or whatever the hell that guys name is..That ticket would win without voter fraud!! 

Kerry wanted a bi-partisain ticket and Zell Miller openly supports Republicans, why not get two of the most promising politicians around and put them together..That would really bring America together, imo..
[right][post="100540"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

In a dream world, we might get a mixed ticket, that's why I said Powel, I know many across the isle that have a tremdous repsect for him and support him so...

If you want to talk Dems that could bring US together I'd say maybee Edwards/Obama... just a thought

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jun 7 2005, 11:48 AM']mccain would change the republican party (not sure for the good or bad)... the reason i say that is[b] b/c i doubt very highly that rush limbaugh would support him for president... [/b]moderates and liberals may hate him, but he does have ALOT of clout w/ conservatives... mccain would bring guys like steggy in and maybe get my vote, depending on what he was running on, but would move a lot of the far right... much further...

in other words, the chances of him really winning are slim to none, b/c he'll never make it out of the republican priliminaries... if we could find a way to bring the democratic party more to the center (like this) and we would really be talking!! tell the michael moore bunch to go fuck theirselves and i'd start looking at the democrats again... until then, i'll pray that the rep's keep making me happy...
[right][post="100306"][/post][/right][/quote]
There's the swing voter constituency! The OxyContin addicts!
:lol: :lol:

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Jun 7 2005, 11:16 PM']There's the swing voter constituency!  The OxyContin addicts!
:lol:   :lol:
[right][post="100551"][/post][/right][/quote]

we can make fun of him, all we want... but he's the #1 talk show for a reason... there are alot of "rush" guys out there, that will follow for the sake of following... i'm telling you, rush hates him and will not support him.. that is a problem for mccain, whether we like rush or not...

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jun 8 2005, 10:15 AM']we can make fun of him, all we want... but he's the #1 talk show for a reason... there are alot of "rush" guys out there, that will follow for the sake of following... i'm telling you, rush hates him and will not support him.. that is a problem for mccain, whether we like rush or not...
[right][post="100654"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I’m not sure he has the #1 talk show because he speaks the gospel (while I may agree with some of it), it probably has more to do with the style of the show and people wanting to listen in to see what he's going to say next, so they can say "hell yeah", or "what a moron", I think it's more the people who listen want sensationalism and he provides that.

That’s why I can at least respect O’Riley because he will at least cop to the fact he's a sensationalist.

I think McCain's bigger problem would be with the religious right, his refusal to speak at Bob Jones University was done with the right reasons, (their discriminatory interracial dating policy) but it was a political mistake that cost him some votes, which is a shame. I agree with many in the religious right and their basic goals, but I think a lot of them take it too far.

McCain's bigger problem would be with them, the Rush guys are a minority if you ask me.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Jun 8 2005, 09:49 AM']I’m not sure he has the #1 talk show because he speaks the gospel (while I may agree with some of it), it probably has more to do with the style of the show and people wanting to listen in to see what he's going to say next, so they can say "hell yeah", or "what a moron", I think it's more the people who listen want sensationalism and he provides that.

That’s why I can at least respect O’Riley because he will at least cop to the fact he's a sensationalist.

I think McCain's bigger problem would be with the religious right, his refusal to speak at Bob Jones University was done with the right reasons, (their discriminatory interracial dating policy) but it was a political mistake that cost him some votes, which is a shame. I agree with many in the religious right and their basic goals, but I think a lot of them take it too far.

McCain's bigger problem would be with them, the Rush guys are a minority if you ask me.
[right][post="100666"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

i guess we'll see... i just find it hard to believe that all these millions of listeners (granted, they are listening for different reasons) he has, are not going to follow his lead... like you just said, you agree w/ much of what he says (same as me)... i guess i don't really know, and we'll see, but the no-name bush came out on top over mccain in 2000, and i have a feeling that rush had something to do w/ that...

the one thing that pissed me off about mccain (but may turn to be the right decision) is this "compromise" over the judges... sure, we get some of our judges to get voted on, but we should have a vote on all of them... i am more pissed at frist for not standing up and acting like the majority leader... but if this allows the congress to continue to run, and leads to SS reform (hopefully personally accts) then it will be the right decision in the long run... we need more judges that read and rule off the constitution though, instead of legistlating from the bench...

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jun 8 2005, 10:03 AM']i guess we'll see... i just find it hard to believe that all these millions of listeners (granted, they are listening for different reasons) he has, are not going to follow his lead... like you just said, you agree w/ much of what he says (same as me)... i guess i don't really know, and we'll see, but the no-name bush came out on top over mccain in 2000, and i have a feeling that rush had something to do w/ that...

the one thing that pissed me off about mccain (but may turn to be the right decision) is this "compromise" over the judges... sure, we get some of our judges to get voted on, but we should have a vote on all of them... i am more pissed at frist for not standing up and acting like the majority leader... but if this allows the congress to continue to run, and leads to SS reform (hopefully personally accts) then it will be the right decision in the long run... we need more judges that read and rule off the constitution though, instead of legistlating from the bench...
[right][post="100674"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

So do all of the Rush listeners just ignore the fact that he is got busted buying drugs from his maid? How can you guys take him seriously or let him influence your thinking? How can you take politicial advice from a pill popping goof ball, because that's what he is.

As for McCain not going to Bob Jones Univ. that shows me that he has the character to be a great president, anyone who will stand up for what's right over what's popular has got my vote..

Btw, how do you Republicans defend a university like that and wonder why minorities view the Republicians the way they do, don't you think that Univ. is racist?

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jun 8 2005, 10:15 AM']So do all of the Rush listeners just ignore the fact that he is got busted buying drugs from his maid? How can you guys take him seriously or let him influence your thinking?  How can you take politicial advice from a pill popping goof ball, because that's what he is. 
As for McCain not going to Bob Jones Univ. that shows me that he has the character to be a great president, anyone who will stand up for what's right over what's popular has got my vote..
Btw, how do you Republicans defend a university like that and wonder why minorities view the Republicians the way they do, don't you think that Univ. is racist?
[right][post="100677"][/post][/right][/quote]

are all people that are addicted to pills worthless? come on... i know that i've done worse myself than that... if you hate him b/c he is ultra conservative, fine, but b/c he was addicted to pain pills is a joke imo... alot of people are addicted to pills and they can easily hide it... how about his rights of privacy, that you and i know about it, when his records should have never been public... but why fight for his rights, when these alleged terrorists are having to be draped in a israeli flag :o

i have no fucking clue where bob jones U is, or what it stands for... maybe it is racist... i don't know... never heard of it...

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jun 8 2005, 09:15 AM']we can make fun of him, all we want... but he's the #1 talk show for a reason... there are alot of "rush" guys out there, that will follow for the sake of following... i'm telling you, rush hates him and will not support him.. that is a problem for mccain, whether we like rush or not...
[right][post="100654"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

There is a certain class of generally despicable popular figures which can be described as "pens for hire." Limbaugh is one of the notables of this class. History is filled with such windbags, going all the way back to the sophist problem of ancient Greece. The key feature of this sort is not their political ideology, but their willingness to twist the truth to suit their ends and the ends of their masters. They tend to have a complete disregard for humanity in general. Such folks are "groomed" and supported by those who have enough power to use these tools towards their own purposes.

With respect to McCain, I'm surprised that no one has mentioned his alliance with Joe Lieberman, going back a few years. Is this a case where the right wing of the Democratic Party (the DLC) meets what little remains of the left wing (the so-called Eastern Establishment) of the Republican party?

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Homer_Rice' date='Jun 8 2005, 10:25 AM']There is a certain class of generally despicable popular figures which can be described as "pens for hire." Limbaugh is one of the notables of this class. History is filled with such windbags, going all the way back to the sophist problem of ancient Greece. The key feature of this sort is not their political ideology, but their willingness to twist the truth to suit their ends and the ends of their masters. They tend to have a complete disregard for humanity in general. Such folks are "groomed" and supported by those who have enough power to use these tools towards their own purposes.

With respect to McCain, I'm surprised that no one has mentioned his alliance with Joe Lieberman, going back a few years. Is this a case where the right wing of the Democratic Party (the DLC) meets what little remains of the left wing (the so-called Eastern Establishment) of the Republican party?
[right][post="100683"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

you guys have me all wrong... i'm tired of standing up for rush, b/c i think hes arrogant as hell, and that is one quality that i tend to not get over quickly... he is an extreme guy, but my point is you can't discount his clout in the republican party...

i would support a mccain/lieberman ticket... maybe we will have a real bipartisan white house for a change.. we might actually get some work done then...

Rick I think the other thing that was hurting McCain was that he is a senator, when was the last time someone who worked here in DC won the Presidency? People outside of DC have a vile hatred for the politicians in it. (Some of which is good reason mind you, some not)

Smoov, believe me I have no love for Bob Jones University (it's people like them that destroy what Christianity is all about but that’s a different thread), and I agree with you it shows his character I was just speaking in a political posturing tone.

Homer, the sophist huh? I remember vaguely reading about them, I guess one could say the same thing about the Pharisees. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

As far as McCain, I never really followed him until probably around 96-97 timeframe and only because he was in a committee (I forget which one) that had to do with internet/tech policy. I thought I had remembered reading in a Webweek article where he was in favor of expanding the number of H1-B visa's. I was very opposed to that because I thought it better to train Americans to do those jobs, and it would be cheaper to do so. Like I said it turned out I was mistaken.

Guest Bengal_Smoov

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jun 8 2005, 10:20 AM']a[B]re all people that are addicted to pills worthless? come on... i know that i've done worse myself than that... if you hate him b/c he is ultra conservative, fine, but b/c he was addicted to pain pills is a joke imo... alot of people are addicted to pills and they can easily hide it... how about his rights of privacy, that you and i know about it, when his records should have never been public... but why fight for his rights, when these alleged terrorists are having to be draped in a israeli flag :o

i have no fucking clue where bob jones U is, or what it stands for... maybe it is racist... i don't know... never heard of it...
[right][post="100681"][/post][/right][/quote]

For someone who markets himself as the voice of conservative, Christian, right wing Republicans across America he shouldn't be doing any type of drugs. I'm sure Rush has had plenty of ignorant rants about how bad drug users are and how the government should deal with them. He's a hypocritical bastard who shouts off his mouth about everything, but that's all he does. If Rush really cared so much about America, why doesn't he run for office and try to make America a better place? All he wants do is get on the radio and talk out the side of his neck, after Mr. Holier-than-thou got busted with the pills he should crawled into a dark cave and never have been heard from again, imo...

As for his privacy, he can't have it both ways. He was arrested for buying prescpition pills from his maid, how can a guy with that character be the voice for conservative republicians. If I was a Republician and I had to choose between a war hero P.O.W. senator and a convicted pill popper who spews ignorance over the airwaves, it's an easy choice. McCain would be a great candidate for president, who cares if Rush has a personal vendetta agaisnt him, fuck Rush Limpdick..

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jun 8 2005, 11:40 AM']For someone who markets himself as the voice of conservative, Christian, right wing Republicans across America he shouldn't be doing any type of drugs.  I'm sure Rush has had plenty of ignorant rants about how bad drug users are and how the government should deal with them.  He's a hypocritical bastard who shouts off his mouth about everything, but that's all he does.  If Rush really cared so much about America, why doesn't he run for office and try to make America a better place?  All he wants do is get on the radio and talk out the side of his neck, after Mr. Holier-than-thou got busted with the pills he should crawled into a dark cave and never have been heard from again, imo...
As for his privacy, he can't have it both ways.  He was arrested for buying prescpition pills from his maid, how can a guy with that character be the voice for conservative republicians.  If I was a Republician and I had to choose between a war hero P.O.W. senator and a convicted pill popper who spews ignorance over the airwaves, it's an easy choice.  McCain would be a great candidate for president, who cares if Rush has a personal vendetta agaisnt him, fuck Rush Limpdick..
[right][post="100704"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

just b/c your a conservative, doesn't make you an extremely religious guy... you don't even have to believe in God (ask BB)... Rush has never really got into the religious aspect of it all..

you avoided the privacy question... so just b/c he bought pills from his maid, means he should have his privacy invaded and his name dragged through the mud... and you act like if you point something out to someone, you have to be perfect... well, if that was the case, noone can say a fucking word about anything b/c unless your name is jesus, your not perfect either...

btw, i don't disagree w/ your perception of who to side w/ (mccain) but don't avoid the question of privacy...that should be an important issue for all of us.. i have said that we should have national id cards, or at least a better way to put all the information about someone into a database to better organize our psychos here, but liberals are all against this b/c of privacy issues... but now that someone that you hate has his privacy invaded, you can just piss on him b/c he deserves it... you can stand up for terrorists that were probably involved in bombing your home town, but won't stand for an american standing up for our soldiers? come on man, forget who your talking about, and admit that his privacy was invaded and that is wrong...

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jun 8 2005, 12:00 PM']just b/c your a conservative, doesn't make you an extremely religious guy... you don't even have to believe in God (ask BB)... Rush has never really got into the religious aspect of it all..

you avoided the privacy question... so just b/c he bought pills from his maid, means he should have his privacy invaded and his name dragged through the mud... and you act like if you point something out to someone, you have to be perfect... well, if that was the case, noone can say a fucking word about anything b/c unless your name is jesus, your not perfect either...

btw, i don't disagree w/ your perception of who to side w/ (mccain) but don't avoid the question of privacy...that should be an important issue for all of us.. i have said that we should have national id cards, or at least a better way to put all the information about someone into a database to better organize our psychos here, but liberals are all against this b/c of privacy issues... but now that someone that you hate has his privacy invaded, you can just piss on him b/c he deserves it... you can stand up for terrorists that were probably involved in bombing your home town, but won't stand for an american standing up for our soldiers? come on man, forget who your talking about, and admit that his privacy was invaded and that is wrong...
[right][post="100712"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

As far a privacy is concerned, wasn't he arrested? Once your arrested your privacy goes out the window, just any celebrity. Rush put himself into the spotlight, he gets no sympathy from me. People who live in glass house, shouldn't throw stones...

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jun 8 2005, 12:31 PM']As far a privacy is concerned, wasn't he arrested?  Once your arrested your privacy goes out the window, just any celebrity.  Rush put himself into the spotlight, he gets no sympathy from me.  People who live in glass house, shouldn't throw stones...
[right][post="100725"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

as far as i know, he hasn't been arrested or even charged w/ anything... i put in [url="http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&q=rush+limbaugh+%2B+arrested"]rush limbaugh + arrested[/url] in google, and got nothing...

as a matter of fact, even [url="http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/04/28/limbaugh.court/"]the american civil liberties union[/url] stood up for him...

[quote]The American Civil Liberties Union has supported Limbaugh's position, saying the seizure of medical records violated Florida's constitutional right of privacy and doctor-patient confidentiality.[/quote]

it just wasn't right to dig into his background like that imo...

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jun 8 2005, 11:15 AM']So do all of the Rush listeners just ignore the fact that he is got busted buying drugs from his maid? How can you guys take him seriously or let him influence your thinking?  How can you take politicial advice from a pill popping goof ball, because that's what he is. 
[right][post="100677"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

LMAO.. have u ever seen the rap sheet on some of the democratic nation radio people??? please.....

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='BengalSIS' date='Jun 8 2005, 12:47 PM']When Rush respects the privacy of the people he "burns" on his show by not spouting twisted (private) facts, then maybe he would deserve a little privacy.
[right][post="100739"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

when has he spread lies about anyone's privacy? i think your stereotype of him is too strong...

as a matter of fact, this is the same as saying "when the terrorists start respecting our geneva convention, we will honor their rights"... big mistake...

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jun 8 2005, 12:53 PM']when has he spread lies about anyone's privacy? i think your stereotype of him is too strong...

as a matter of fact, this is the same as saying "when the terrorists start respecting our geneva convention, we will honor their rights"... big mistake...
[right][post="100744"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

That's a bunch of crap. Rush has been crapping and lying about people for years. There was nothing too strong about my DESCRIPTION (not stereotype) of him.

And if his records were found illegally, then I don't agree with that. But I don't feel sorry for him.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='BengalSIS' date='Jun 8 2005, 01:01 PM']That's a bunch of crap.  Rush has been crapping and lying about people for years.  There was nothing too strong about my DESCRIPTION (not stereotype) of him.

And if his records were found illegally, then I don't agree with that.  But I don't feel sorry for him.
[right][post="100747"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

at least you'll admit it was wrong to fuck w/ his privacy...

b/c someone says something on the air, that he believes, doesn't make him a liar... do you listen to him often? if so, i'm very surprised, but i have a feeling you rarely listen to him... if that is the case, it is a steriotype.. if you really do listen to him often enough to KNOW that he is lying about people then i apoligize for calling you out...

it is a free country and he can say whatever he wants... the courts can't break the law b/c they don't like what rush has to say... there is a first admendment that should allow him to say whatever about whomever he wants...

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jun 8 2005, 01:10 PM']at least you'll admit it was wrong to fuck w/ his privacy...

b/c someone says something on the air, that he believes, doesn't make him a liar... do you listen to him often? if so, i'm very surprised, but i have a feeling you rarely listen to him... if that is the case, it is a steriotype.. if you really do listen to him often enough to KNOW that he is lying about people then i apoligize for calling you out...

it is a free country and he can say whatever he wants... the courts can't break the law b/c they don't like what rush has to say... there is a first admendment that should allow him to say whatever about whomever he wants...
[right][post="100755"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I grew up listening to the man.. hell, I even have a book of his and was a fan...when I was a teenager that didn't know shit.

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jun 8 2005, 12:00 PM']just b/c your a conservative, doesn't make you an extremely religious guy... you don't even have to believe in God (ask BB)... Rush has never really got into the religious aspect of it all..
[right][post="100712"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Funny enough i listened to him this afternoon for about 5 minutes (all i could take). he was saying that Democrats are more afraid of Christians than they are of Islamists. That they are more afraid of Christians than they are of Al Qaeda and other enemies of the U.S. He believes it is because most of the democrats are truly secularists, they want government to be God and the writing of activist judges to be their bible (**trys to calm down Rick**). He even played a quote from some moderate Republican senator claiming that the Republican party was largely influenced by the religious-conservatives. Rush blasted him by saying of course it had to be a moderate Republican who is "out of touch with the party base and its values". Rush went on to say that if he were in touch with the party there was no way he could be moderate.

Archived