I Hate Bob Bradley

[quote]U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION
GOALKEEPERS (3): Marcus Hahnemann (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
DEFENDERS (8): Carlos Bocanegra (Saint-Etienne), Jonathan Bornstein (UANL Tigres), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Eric Lichaj (Leeds), Oguchi Onyewu (FC Twente), Tim Ream (New York Red Bulls), Jonathan Spector (West Ham United)
MIDFIELDERS (9): Freddy Adu (Rizespor), Michael Bradley (Aston Villa), Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Benny Feilhaber (New England Revolution), Jermaine Jones (Blackburn Rovers), Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew)
FORWARDS (3): Juan Agudelo (New York Red Bulls), Jozy Altidore (Bursaspor), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)[/quote]

God. Where to start? No Chandler..because of fatigue? Jesus Bob. Klejstan and Rogers instead of Mix and Bedoya, who just had the game of his life. Neither have ever provided on the national stage. Wondolowski instead of Bunbury, Gomez, or Buddle?

What an epic clusterfuck. I'm really curious to know how Bornstein, who has played none, MB, who has played none, are making these rosters over guys who are actually playing. Bob needs to be axed. He is single-handedly going to ruin our WC 2014 chances. I have a burning hate for this man. WTF?

I want to scream, pull out my hair, and ball myself into a fetal position. Fuck you Bob.

I see you liked the roster as much as I did.

Bradley is getting toasted all over about his selections. Seems to obvious that he is blowing it. I wonder if there is something behind the scenes influencing/calling the shots. Not like US Soccer is necessarily immune to the crap running rampant through FIFA right now.

[quote name='MAGICTOUCH' timestamp='1306560303' post='995135']
I see you liked the roster as much as I did.

Bradley is getting toasted all over about his selections. Seems to obvious that he is blowing it. I wonder if there is something behind the scenes influencing/calling the shots. Not like US Soccer is necessarily immune to the crap running rampant through FIFA right now.
[/quote]
I can certainly now see why Chandler was dis-included, reading that his club was very, very, suggestive of Chandler taking a break. He's about to break out and a knock could really hurt his club and him. I would really, really, like to get him tie-capped though. I feel nervous at the thought of Germany coming and knocking on the door if he has really good form to start his club season.

The rest are just..

Beffudling. I have no idea what Bob was thinking. Robbie Rogers really hasn't done much since he has come up to the nats, and Bedoya has had great form and he is younger. That blows my mind that Bedoya didn't make it. Klejstan has never been much of a threat for the nats, but when Mix fist came up, he was creative and was very patient on the ball. Not as much of a surprise, but disappointing, none the less.

And Wondolowski was chosen over Bunbury because his team is good and Bunbury's isn't? C'mon Bob. That's some bullshit buddy. Spectors team just got relegated. Bunbury and Altidore could have worked, with Agudelo coming on for Jozy at 70. Argghhh. Hell, Gomez has decent form right now and Buddle is playing in a better league.

I just miss the promise of Jozy and Charlie. I really hope we take 4 strikers to our next WC and it's Charlie, Jozy, Teal, and Juan. Someone else should emerge by then too and make a fifth.

I imagine the starting XI will be

Tim

Dolo Gooch Boca Born (projectile vomit)

Bradley Jones
Landon Clint

Juan Jozy.

Not terrible by any means, but a typical Bob line up. I want to see Adu roam at CAM. I want to see Spector get some burn in the midfield, where he was a threat at West Ham. Lichaj and Ream get some starting XI team instead of Gooch and Bornstink (How the hell did he make the roster again? Jesus..maybe he bribed Chadnler's club)

I am aware that there is maybe a 3.13423435324% chance I see these things. Spector will be put at RB. Adu will be pushed out to LM when Deuce pushes up top. Lichaj will maybe start one game and Ream will be a substitution for Gooch.

We need a new coach. I really feel as if Bob is the only person who could spoil our qualifying for the 2014 WC and he's off to a great start.

I guess I could have given some lee-way since Landon didn't play and Deuce only got a half. Still, it shouldn't be a 6 goal turnaround by just two players.

Defensive backline is still awful. If we don't start crushing gold-cup teams, I'm going to be upset.

I only saw the first half.

The defense is so shaky, this we knew though. Marking up is a fundamental skill however, one which is allegedly taught before a player gets in the national team system. For some reason the USA fails at such a task.

Didn't help that the ref was a complete tool and hates the USA.

I was into soccer for about a month last year (world cup, of course). I was watching games, playing FIFA, looking up scores... we even thought of challenging the Mexicans around here to a game but decided we'd play against each other. It was a fun, change of pace.

[quote name='MAGICTOUCH' timestamp='1307854829' post='997043']
I only saw the first half.

The defense is so shaky, this we knew though. Marking up is a fundamental skill however, one which is allegedly taught before a player gets in the national team system. For some reason the USA fails at such a task.

Didn't help that the ref was a complete tool and hates the USA.
[/quote]
Ha. That ref looked like Dracula. I thought it was funny.

The thing that killed me the most was that we continuously played in crosses after crosses when this team has almost no threats in the air and the Panama team was clearing almost everything that was played in. They needed to play some low hard crosses to keep them honest.

I'm pretty disappointed. First loss in group stages in awhile. Our backline, as you said is still unbelievably terrible, and we have a defender in Lichaj playing in the EPL riding the pine (wtf?), our strikers have little to no ability at taking on players one on one which stall every single counter attack we get, and if Landon isn't playing well, we look no better than the other concacaf scrubs were playing.

Bedoya needs to start next match at LW and Clint needs to take Juan's spot, who has been no better than the speedy scrubs that Bob loves like Findlay.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Nati Ice' timestamp='1311966650' post='1006804']
:thumbsup:

[url="http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/43945326/ns/sports-soccer/"]http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/43945326/ns/sports-soccer/[/url]
[/quote]
Great day for US Soccer!

I love this signing. I think we would do well modeling our system after the German one. This guy did well with the Germans. I'm so excited for this!

First step: Beat the piss outta Mexico without two center mids who aren't completely defensive minded.

Well, they finally got their man!

Bradley gone is a step in the right direction. Hopefully Klinsmann can shuffle the deck a little and uncover some gems Bob was hiding due to loyalty to mediocre players (Bornstink*cough*).

Maybe he can convince some German-American guys to choose the US. Fixing the defense and finding real forwards, at least 1 true international-level striker, needs to be the first order of business. And yes, finding the right combos in the midfield. I wonder if they have ever toyed with the idea of playing LD at center mid. He is very good at distributing the ball and setting up teammates and would def give you an offensive mindset in the middle. Let MBradley play behind him.

[quote name='MAGICTOUCH' timestamp='1312079734' post='1007902']
Well, they finally got their man!

Bradley gone is a step in the right direction. Hopefully Klinsmann can shuffle the deck a little and uncover some gems Bob was hiding due to loyalty to mediocre players (Bornstink*cough*).

Maybe he can convince some German-American guys to choose the US. Fixing the defense and finding real forwards, at least 1 true international-level striker, needs to be the first order of business. And yes, finding the right combos in the midfield. I wonder if they have ever toyed with the idea of playing LD at center mid. He is very good at distributing the ball and setting up teammates and would def give you an offensive mindset in the middle. Let MBradley play behind him.
[/quote]
I like that. I think the double centre defensive mid's are probably gone. I hope we see some Mix Diskkreud and Stu Holden. I hope we see all kinds of different things.

I really like the LD into the center idea. When he goes long stretches of not getting the ball, he just disappears.

Things are really looking up for this team. A lot of things going right. Hell, Mix is being watched by Sir Alex Ferguson. Not saying he's on way to ManU..but he's going to be getting noticed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived