Terrelle Pryor leaving OSU

Jason

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1307487255' post='996481']
Not really a shock. Some team will take him and try to turn him into a WR.
[/quote]

he'll make it through at least one camp as a QB, especially with a shortened off-season. Some team who is set at starter and has a 3rd string spot open.

Someone will take a chance on the talent and athleticism, but won't be in a position to switch his position year one.

[size="4"][b]Pryor’s draft prospects[/b][/size]

With Terrelle Pryor announcing his intentions on Tuesday to skip his senior season at Ohio State, many now wonder what his stock would be in the Supplemental Draft. Pryor has not applied yet, but indications are it will happen.

NFL Draft Scout’s Rob Rang compares Pryor to San Diego WR Vincent Jackson because he believes that Pryor can transition better there compared to quarterback or tight end. He also gives Pryor a 5th-6th round grade in the Supplemental Draft. Grades for the Supplemental are traditionally 2-3 rounds lower than the normal draft because a team has to surrender a pick for the corresponding round in next year’s college draft.

Said Rang: “I, personally, am lower on Pryor’s ability to transition to the NFL as a quarterback than our ranking indicates. I’d place a 4th-5th round grade on him as a quarterback and a 3rd round grade on him as an athlete. I do believe he has the acceleration, size and body control to potentially convert to receiver, though his straight-line speed would obviously factor into his final grade.”

However Rang also shares the same view as many that Pryor represents a bigger risk than Cam Newton because of the off-field issues.

“Pryor (and not his parents) was responsible for the off-field transgressions that led to his suspensions. Secondly, based on the information that is coming in, it appears that Pryor continued to make poor decisions after the initial investigation, whereas Newton seemed to learn from his mistakes,” Rang said. “Finally, and when it comes to football, most importantly, Newton demonstrated the poise and diverse athletic skills to remain at quarterback in the NFL. I have not yet seen the poise under pressure, ability to read defenses or the accuracy from Pryor to invest anything more than a 3rd day draft pick in him as a quarterback prospect.”

[url="http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011/06/07/pryors-draft-prospects/"]Joe Reedy[/url]

• 1 month later...

Archived