What would YOU do to make this a better board? - NSFW

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1308884014' post='998401']
My fave so far!

I say ban 1181!! :P j/k

and need Ochocinco to post more cause he was getting love and hate but brought people to post! I think he's in town so he might start posting again hopefully soon!
[/quote]

Bring back the negative rep so we can get Rumble to -1000. :)

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1308931345' post='998447']
[url="http://www.sexyandfunny.com/_oddity_media/img_disp/img474e8812563f1.jpg"]Not Safe For Work[/url]

Made it a link.

BB
[/quote]

She was doing that at the monday night ravens game I was at when I was in town too. :)

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1308894304' post='998415']
I don't think there's anything wrong with the board. [b]Ideally everyone would post as if they are talking face to face with someone. That would pretty much eliminate over the top personal attacks, but the anonymity of the internet breeds shit like that.[/b]
I think we just need the lockout to be over so we have football to discuss.
[/quote]

that covers it...

as a "rookie" I'm not agreeing about this board specifically, but the internet in general

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1308932364' post='998452']
Redszone is hilarious to read sometimes. I just envision a bunch of nerds sitting around drinking tea discussing the importance of the WAR stat, and defensive efficiency and why that statistic shows that a player is actually terrible.
[/quote]

This probably isn't the place to expand this topic, but since RedsZone has been brought up, what opinions do others have of it? I posted there for a few years but now only peek in on it about once a week or so. It seems a lot quieter than it once did and the non-Reds discussion has all but died out.

[quote name='Dr Tarzan' timestamp='1308877660' post='998380']
I think it's improved since "Go" started working more behind the scenes maintaining the forum and posting less frequently. OMFG his profanity laced tirades against anyone and everyone who dare give an opposing view was putting me on the verge of abandoning this site entirely. He's heard from rather infrequently for the past couple months....on the other hand, I hope there's nothing wrong and he's doing OK. Not against the man--just the words, seemed like he was one step away from staight-jacketville.
[/quote]

This is half the reason I've been away from the board for long periods of time. The whole Bratkowski bullshit made me leave for months. Now I only check the board once a week or so instead of every single day, and judging by the lack of new threads every single day (yes, even in the offseason) I don't think I'm the only one.

Old, IMO, little, if anything , can be done . This site like others is dependant on two factors : the people who post and the team that it follows. To follow this team at a time like this is hard BECAUSE THERE IS NO NEWS. When it comes to the Bengals, this site far exceeds others. Your work I sometimes feel is underappreciated but I'm sure that you know that. Many times I've given you an attaboy over the years. Personally, I appreciate your work and that of others who post here. To increase the quality here, we need the training camp to start in order to see vwho looks like a good draft pick , who looks like they've lost a step and who has taken a giant step forward.

Keep up the good work, Old , and wait for a new CBA. Then life will get more interesting.

[quote name='Patmo' timestamp='1309010184' post='998569']
Old, IMO, little, if anything , can be done . This site like others is dependant on two factors : the people who post and the team that it follows. To follow this team at a time like this is hard BECAUSE THERE IS NO NEWS. When it comes to the Bengals, this site far exceeds others. Your work I sometimes feel is underappreciated but I'm sure that you know that. Many times I've given you an attaboy over the years. Personally, I appreciate your work and that of others who post here. To increase the quality here, we need the training camp to start in order to see vwho looks like a good draft pick , who looks like they've lost a step and who has taken a giant step forward.

Keep up the good work, Old , and wait for a new CBA. Then life will get more interesting.
[/quote]

Times infinity.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1308877916' post='998382']
The best way to make this board better is:

1. Don't take it personal when someone disagrees with you.
2. Don't make it personal when someone disagrees with you.
3. Don't be so damned sensitive, it's just a message board.
4. Save the personal attacks for shittsburgh fans.
[/quote]

So if someone is a jerk its the persons fault who the person was a jerk to?

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1308894304' post='998415']
I don't think there's anything wrong with the board. Ideally everyone would post as if they are talking face to face with someone. That would pretty much eliminate over the top personal attacks, but the anonymity of the internet breeds shit like that.

I think we just need the lockout to be over so we have football to discuss.
[/quote]

This is exactly it. Can you imagine disagreeing with someone, you don't know in person and starting it with you are a fucking idiot or buy a clue?

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1308923399' post='998430']
?

I guess I will fuck straight shooter chix(possibly ones with upper management written all over them) only from now on if it helps.
[/quote]

My type is very specific. Strippers putting themselves through medical school.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1309031914' post='998592']
So if someone is a jerk its the persons fault who the person was a jerk to?
[/quote]

Where did I say that?

Where did I put any "fault" on anyone?

[quote name='Ben' timestamp='1309046876' post='998611']
A second term for Obama :ph34r:

Oh yeah. Stop being assholes you cum guzzling pricks.: not sure if serious:
[/quote]

Then why did you hate Bush so much? Their foreign policy has been awfully close.

[b]Bring back the negative rep.[/b] That way, if folks disagree strongly enough, they have a quick and easy way to make their feelings known, and don't necessarily have to put their feelings into words. On occasion, I found this to be much more productive - It gives a poster a chance to call "BS" without needing to start a flame war.

[b]More use of the ignore button.[/b] I've enjoyed this place a lot more since I decided to just plain ignore the posters that were pissing me off the most.

Some actual fucking football to talk about will also help immensely.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1309057413' post='998634']
"Dont be so damn sensitive...."
[/quote]

How is that placing fault? Notice I started with don't take it personal, and don't make it personal.

But if your not sensitive no 4 page thread of 2 bickering posters ensues.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1308934980' post='998458']
I like the hot avatar thingy. Miranda Kerr, Victory Secret hottie.
[/quote]

there ya go peace and love not war :thumbsup: although for vc hottie i like alessandra

[attachment=856:rby-summer-hair-alessandra-de.jpg]

Archived