What would YOU do to make this a better board? - NSFW

[quote name='schotzee' timestamp='1309136542' post='998682']
there ya go peace and love not war :thumbsup: although for vc hottie i like alessandra

[attachment=856:rby-summer-hair-alessandra-de.jpg]
[/quote]
She is outstanding.

Not a lot of real feedback here. The thread title caught my eye, which is likely the only reason i can into this forum.

I have to bring up a few things....

1. The bratkowski things over the year. How.. how in the world, could anyone not see that for what it was? A complete mocking of the ridiculous opinions the other direction. I mean there were photo shops of the guy with a pimp cup and hat? and then dozens of other photoshops with silly sarcastic captions...

are we serious here? how does that upset someone?

the ONLY difference in that/those threads, and the YEARS of DOZENS of threads the opposite way, are what side of the opinion you are on.

I can assure you I was attacked, ridiculed and made fun of more than ANYONE EVER on this board. but no one gives a damn or notices because my opinion was the unpopular one. Did i ever care? did i cry about it?

My opinion is my opinion. no internet banter is going to change it much. I really enjoyed the days of tossing out players or topics and getting opinions on all sides of the fence, many times people had decent points all around and a discussion was had. thats the fun football talk.

Too many fans are too bitter and emotional about football, its a game. I LOVE football, i love talking about football. A long time ago i realized that the media, unless you play in NY, LA, Dallas, etc could care less about you, isnt going to look much into your team, players or coaches, and are going to generalize and post BS articles and information and get by pretty half assed like pretty much everyone does at their jobs. Reporters arent huge football maniac fans of our favorite team, they are random dudes with jobs and deadlines, and guys on radio and the tv are trying to break news and have shocking things to say to keep listeningers and viewers going. I have friends who work/ed for CBS, a major sports league a major sports team, some coaches, etc. The only real thing I have learned is how not-awesome and not-important all of the media guys are.

So I dont base any of my opinion on anything the media has to say. I dont have any special knowledge or magical information or super football info.

But i dont get all crazy emotional, I dont think so and so is the reason for everything bad in the world. I dont think so and so alone can save the whole team.

I realized you cant talk down over emotional fans from their ledge, and the general fan gangs up, rationalizing extreme opinions by the facts that others also share such an opinion.

This is where most of my verbal altercations have come from over there years.. after a bad horrible loss, I dont want to burn down houses, throw trash in lawwns and murder mike brown.

After a big awesome win,. i dont think so and so is the greatest player to ever live and will be a pro bowler forever and so and so is an idiot for not playing him or benching him or whatever..

its the NFL, its billion dollar business, no one is flat out over looking talent or information for years on end. success in the nfl is about opportunity and execution. There is a reason no one team runs the league every single year.... everyone is good, many are really good, and a few are great.(by professional standards that is)

I dont have blind faith or blind hate for anyone on the team. It takes time to form opinions. and most fans form it in a drunken state watching half assed with friends... its tough to hold conversations with these people... especially when you are outnumbered by them 10:1 in many conversations following a game on gameday...

I dont like: Ohio(except the food), I dont like casual football fans who are 10x more emotional about the game than hard core fans, and I dont like fans who take media types super seriously... I dont care what Boomer esiason says about anything ever, good or bad, he has an agenda, and his agenda is his job and ease of life and income.. he has no stake in this team, coming to this site once a week is 10x the stake in the team that he has...

What i like: football, talking football, talking to people who like talking football.

Why are you offended if i dislike Ohio? Mongo said to me one thread "i garauntee my passport has more stamps than yours" in response to me disliking something about Ohio... it has nothing to do with anything, it was a clear and obvious attack on me, and my opinion. There is nothing more important in life than being happy with who you are and where you are in life. I have many great friends in Ohio, I have met awesome people from kentucky, I still would be miserable living there, and i would be suicidal living in those peoples lives, but in the end we are all happy with ourselves and our lives, and a dozen or so people have PM'd me or posted here that they would LOVE to move away to other areas of the country, if they could, and have had great talks about it and differences living different places.

We talk about japan, mully calls everyone here(midwest/united states) fat lazy peices of lard half the time, but he isnt getting passport checked by mongo, is he?

because i own the place, people seem to take my comments super harshly and as attacks, ask, rumble, dan, mongo even, backer, beotch, whodeyUK(or whatever his name is now) and many others who have met me if i am an attacking jerk in real life? i assure you you will get hell no answers.. ask them if i am a joking sarcastic dry humor laid back dude, and you will get hell yes as your answer...

I dont see how my "attacks" are all harsh personal attacks, and the atacks on ME are totally cool and not a problem at all..????

I used to love this place, i appreciate those who contribute, I have given away game tickets, bought computers, spent countless hours and thousands of dollars in slingboxes, dvr equipment, editing software, etc to help fans around the world watch their favorite team.

all while being attacked and ridiculed, who cares? I love bengals football and i love helping fans get enjoyment out of bengals football.

I have been turned into nfl properties, I have had prank calls, spam emails signed up for, my family verbally attacked, death wishes, my deceased mother ridiculed... and I am still fronting this $225 in cost leftover after ad revenues each month without a complaint, asking for donations in the last year-ish or hassles of any kind......

If you need me to be a bad guy? knock yourself out. I will be the bad guy. It justifies your opinions and attacks if I am the bad guy. It makes my opinion void, my points invalid and me a dumbass if i get to be your bad guy.

I started this place with everyone being equal, ideas being free and opinions open as can be.... somehow that turneed into everyones opinion but mine counts, and I am a bad guy for having and voicing opinions of my own...

My opinion on the mike brown hating cant possibly change, if you hate the guy that much, i cant understand being a "fan" of HIS team... if I hated him i wouldnt be a bengals fan, if i hated the nuggets owner i wouldnt be a fan either, being a fan is a choice, being a fan and having such hate and misery in your own team boggles my mind... always will... but i have just as much right to ridicule and call out that opinion as you do to voice that opinion... but that was brought up in this thread... "FUCK MIKE BROWN I HOPE HE DIES SO WE CAN WIN" is a perfectly acceptable opinion and topic.. but "FIND ANOTHER TEAM IF THIS ONE MAKES YOU SO MISERABLE" is over the top and completely unacceptable?

seems legit... right?

I am not the bad guy because a have a different opinion and happen to run the place..... i dont know why you think I am..

people get banned for cursing my family, and wishing death on my or them and trolling hard core, or wishing death on players, coaches owners, or wrecking every single thread with an off topic bitch fest...

but since that bitch fest is a popular one.. I am a nazi ruler...

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1309146185' post='998698']
Not a lot of real feedback here. The thread title caught my eye, which is likely the only reason i can into this forum.

I have to bring up a few things....

1. The bratkowski things over the year. How.. how in the world, could anyone not see that for what it was? A complete mocking of the ridiculous opinions the other direction. I mean there were photo shops of the guy with a pimp cup and hat? and then dozens of other photoshops with silly sarcastic captions...

are we serious here? how does that upset someone?

the ONLY difference in that/those threads, and the YEARS of DOZENS of threads the opposite way, are what side of the opinion you are on.

I can assure you I was attacked, ridiculed and made fun of more than ANYONE EVER on this board. but no one gives a damn or notices because my opinion was the unpopular one. Did i ever care? did i cry about it?

My opinion is my opinion. no internet banter is going to change it much. I really enjoyed the days of tossing out players or topics and getting opinions on all sides of the fence, many times people had decent points all around and a discussion was had. thats the fun football talk.

Too many fans are too bitter and emotional about football, its a game. I LOVE football, i love talking about football. A long time ago i realized that the media, unless you play in NY, LA, Dallas, etc could care less about you, isnt going to look much into your team, players or coaches, and are going to generalize and post BS articles and information and get by pretty half assed like pretty much everyone does at their jobs. Reporters arent huge football maniac fans of our favorite team, they are random dudes with jobs and deadlines, and guys on radio and the tv are trying to break news and have shocking things to say to keep listeningers and viewers going. I have friends who work/ed for CBS, a major sports league a major sports team, some coaches, etc. The only real thing I have learned is how not-awesome and not-important all of the media guys are.

So I dont base any of my opinion on anything the media has to say. I dont have any special knowledge or magical information or super football info.

But i dont get all crazy emotional, I dont think so and so is the reason for everything bad in the world. I dont think so and so alone can save the whole team.

I realized you cant talk down over emotional fans from their ledge, and the general fan gangs up, rationalizing extreme opinions by the facts that others also share such an opinion.

This is where most of my verbal altercations have come from over there years.. after a bad horrible loss, I dont want to burn down houses, throw trash in lawwns and murder mike brown.

After a big awesome win,. i dont think so and so is the greatest player to ever live and will be a pro bowler forever and so and so is an idiot for not playing him or benching him or whatever..

its the NFL, its billion dollar business, no one is flat out over looking talent or information for years on end. success in the nfl is about opportunity and execution. There is a reason no one team runs the league every single year.... everyone is good, many are really good, and a few are great.(by professional standards that is)

I dont have blind faith or blind hate for anyone on the team. It takes time to form opinions. and most fans form it in a drunken state watching half assed with friends... its tough to hold conversations with these people... especially when you are outnumbered by them 10:1 in many conversations following a game on gameday...

I dont like: Ohio(except the food), I dont like casual football fans who are 10x more emotional about the game than hard core fans, and I dont like fans who take media types super seriously... I dont care what Boomer esiason says about anything ever, good or bad, he has an agenda, and his agenda is his job and ease of life and income.. he has no stake in this team, coming to this site once a week is 10x the stake in the team that he has...

What i like: football, talking football, talking to people who like talking football.

Why are you offended if i dislike Ohio? Mongo said to me one thread "i garauntee my passport has more stamps than yours" in response to me disliking something about Ohio... it has nothing to do with anything, it was a clear and obvious attack on me, and my opinion. There is nothing more important in life than being happy with who you are and where you are in life. I have many great friends in Ohio, I have met awesome people from kentucky, I still would be miserable living there, and i would be suicidal living in those peoples lives, but in the end we are all happy with ourselves and our lives, and a dozen or so people have PM'd me or posted here that they would LOVE to move away to other areas of the country, if they could, and have had great talks about it and differences living different places.

We talk about japan, mully calls everyone here(midwest/united states) fat lazy peices of lard half the time, but he isnt getting passport checked by mongo, is he?

because i own the place, people seem to take my comments super harshly and as attacks, ask, rumble, dan, mongo even, backer, beotch, whodeyUK(or whatever his name is now) and many others who have met me if i am an attacking jerk in real life? i assure you you will get hell no answers.. ask them if i am a joking sarcastic dry humor laid back dude, and you will get hell yes as your answer...

I dont see how my "attacks" are all harsh personal attacks, and the atacks on ME are totally cool and not a problem at all..????

I used to love this place, i appreciate those who contribute, I have given away game tickets, bought computers, spent countless hours and thousands of dollars in slingboxes, dvr equipment, editing software, etc to help fans around the world watch their favorite team.

all while being attacked and ridiculed, who cares? I love bengals football and i love helping fans get enjoyment out of bengals football.

I have been turned into nfl properties, I have had prank calls, spam emails signed up for, my family verbally attacked, death wishes, my deceased mother ridiculed... and I am still fronting this $225 in cost leftover after ad revenues each month without a complaint, asking for donations in the last year-ish or hassles of any kind......

If you need me to be a bad guy? knock yourself out. I will be the bad guy. It justifies your opinions and attacks if I am the bad guy. It makes my opinion void, my points invalid and me a dumbass if i get to be your bad guy.

I started this place with everyone being equal, ideas being free and opinions open as can be.... somehow that turneed into everyones opinion but mine counts, and I am a bad guy for having and voicing opinions of my own...

My opinion on the mike brown hating cant possibly change, if you hate the guy that much, i cant understand being a "fan" of HIS team... if I hated him i wouldnt be a bengals fan, if i hated the nuggets owner i wouldnt be a fan either, being a fan is a choice, being a fan and having such hate and misery in your own team boggles my mind... always will... but i have just as much right to ridicule and call out that opinion as you do to voice that opinion... but that was brought up in this thread... "FUCK MIKE BROWN I HOPE HE DIES SO WE CAN WIN" is a perfectly acceptable opinion and topic.. but "FIND ANOTHER TEAM IF THIS ONE MAKES YOU SO MISERABLE" is over the top and completely unacceptable?

seems legit... right?

I am not the bad guy because a have a different opinion and happen to run the place..... i dont know why you think I am..

people get banned for cursing my family, and wishing death on my or them and trolling hard core, or wishing death on players, coaches owners, or wrecking every single thread with an off topic bitch fest...

[/quote]

Certainly interesting to hear your take on the situation. I think the response seems to be coming from when someone posts something and you respond with a very short, dismissive, belittling or insulting comment. I can't speak to the rest of the people on here but I think thats where the rep has come from for me. If I posted an idea or thought like you said, and I see your name after it I don't expect it to be something that leads to debate or discussion. A post awhile back you said that it was unique to me that you do that but I don't think thats true. "I really enjoyed the days of tossing out players or topics and getting opinions on all sides of the fence, many times people had decent points all around and a discussion was had. thats the fun football talk." The environment to do that is not fostered by short, dismissive, belittling or insulting responses. There is no growth there or discussion. Its like Bill O'reilly interviewing a person whom he already has taken a position against. I think that you seem to be missing that part...although lately you have not been doing it.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1309146922' post='998700']
Certainly interesting to hear your take on the situation. I think the response seems to be coming from when someone posts something and you respond with a very short, dismissive, belittling or insulting comment. I can't speak to the rest of the people on here but I think thats where the rep has come from for me. If I posted an idea or thought like you said, and I see your name after it I don't expect it to be something that leads to debate or discussion. A post awhile back you said that it was unique to me that you do that but I don't think thats true. "I really enjoyed the days of tossing out players or topics and getting opinions on all sides of the fence, many times people had decent points all around and a discussion was had. thats the fun football talk." The environment to do that is not fostered by short, dismissive, belittling or insulting responses. There is no growth there or discussion. Its like Bill O'reilly interviewing a person whom he already has taken a position against. I think that you seem to be missing that part...although lately you have not been doing it.
[/quote]

its taken that way by people whos opinions is different... its more of a response to someone saying the same thing someone else said 35 times that day and started 5 threads on already and interjected in many off topic threads..

many of my short d-bag-ish responses are of a "jesus, this shit AGAIN" variety.. not all, and my responses to yours may have had ulterior motives, i dont remember, i typically make my feelings about people pretty clear.

i get sucked into the garbage pile eventually too... but its often being fed up over the same vomit being put out over and over... no one can deny that groups of people wont let topics go, and are dead serious about bitching about the same thing over and over..

and i can assure you that my anti mike brown haters topics and responses have saved this place from turning into huddles or mikebrownsucks.com or whodeyrevolution.... its not even debatable.

I am not innocent in any way.... but im not starting 15 topics on the same thing over and over and over... and big crazy threads have been obviously in jest and include photoshops and silliness all over the place..

I would say the only time i have that bill oreilly stance come across is when the same tired stance of media spit up is brought up for the 500th time on a topic that has been beat to death...

reading 50 mike brown sucks, 75 bratkowski is the antichrist, 150 carson palmers wife, 500 dline sucks threads every week will drive people away quicker than anything....

2 years ago odom is a pro bowl qb killer with instincts of a wolverine, peko is the somoan jesus christ, and 16 months later odom is worthless and a bust and worst FA pickup ever, peko is barely good enough to be a backup on other teams, blah blah..

the team loses and the board gets a heavy flow period for 6 months...I get to be the tampon. day in and day out squashing repetitive bitch fests, playing devils advocate, trying to point out how ridiculous some ridiculously strong opinions of individuals are with photoshop mockery... and people want to take that seriously and be offended by photoshops of pimp cups?

I go overboard a lot less than those calling me the villian...

i started this board to be different than other boards, there were many others when JT's went down, the first topic stated you can say fuck and do what you want, everyone said "fuck yes! this fucking rocks!" when my opinions are different and i push back to those pushing and bitching and all the sudden my curse ridden responses are a problem?

feel free to go get banned from bengals.com for disagreeing with steeelrs fans, or feel free to join the [s]mikebrownsucks.com[/s], i mean [s]huddles[/s], i mean whodeyrevolution nonsense... this isnt a board for everyone, and i will shut it down before it turns into any of that other foolishness...

for being the most team oriented sport on the planet, there sure are a lot of people who think 1 single person or player is the only thing holding us back and wish death upon them like its no big deal... what kind of human beings act like this?

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1309148164' post='998703']
its taken that way by people whos opinions is different... its more of a response to someone saying the same thing someone else said 35 times that day and started 5 threads on already and interjected in many off topic threads..

many of my short d-bag-ish responses are of a "jesus, this shit AGAIN" variety.. not all, and my responses to yours may have had ulterior motives, i dont remember, i typically make my feelings about people pretty clear.

i get sucked into the garbage pile eventually too... but its often being fed up over the same vomit being put out over and over... no one can deny that groups of people wont let topics go, and are dead serious about bitching about the same thing over and over..

and i can assure you that my anti mike brown haters topics and responses have saved this place from turning into huddles or mikebrownsucks.com or whodeyrevolution.... its not even debatable.

I am not innocent in any way.... but im not starting 15 topics on the same thing over and over and over... and big crazy threads have been obviously in jest and include photoshops and silliness all over the place..

I would say the only time i have that bill oreilly stance come across is when the same tired stance of media spit up is brought up for the 500th time on a topic that has been beat to death...

reading 50 mike brown sucks, 75 bratkowski is the antichrist, 150 carson palmers wife, 500 dline sucks threads every week will drive people away quicker than anything....

2 years ago odom is a pro bowl qb killer with instincts of a wolverine, peko is the somoan jesus christ, and 16 months later odom is worthless and a bust and worst FA pickup ever, peko is barely good enough to be a backup on other teams, blah blah..

the team loses and the board gets a heavy flow period for 6 months...I get to be the tampon. day in and day out squashing repetitive bitch fests, playing devils advocate, trying to point out how ridiculous some ridiculously strong opinions of individuals are with photoshop mockery... and people want to take that seriously and be offended by photoshops of pimp cups?

I go overboard a lot less than those calling me the villian...

i started this board to be different than other boards, there were many others when JT's went down, the first topic stated you can say fuck and do what you want, everyone said "fuck yes! this fucking rocks!" when my opinions are different and i push back to those pushing and bitching and all the sudden my curse ridden responses are a problem?

feel free to go get banned from bengals.com for disagreeing with steeelrs fans, or feel free to join the [s]mikebrownsucks.com[/s], i mean [s]huddles[/s], i mean whodeyrevolution nonsense... this isnt a board for everyone, and i will shut it down before it turns into any of that other foolishness...

for being the most team oriented sport on the planet, there sure are a lot of people who think 1 single person or player is the only thing holding us back and wish death upon them like its no big deal... what kind of human beings act like this?
[/quote]

I agree with most of what you are saying here. When you get frustrated or annoyed you do it. But I think the conflict comes in welcoming all opinions and ways to see things and then venting your frustration at people who don't see things the same way you do...ie Peko, Mike Brown, etc. etc. I agree with most of your stances here and think the message board is a place that shifts polls with some incredible momentum. I find that the crazy shit people say tends to do better if it is ignored.

I try to keep in mind that football is a release for a lot of people. I honestly believe that deep down, some people are happier when we are losing than when we're winning. They can get on a message board and rant. Better than slapping the wife, or beating the dog. It's not cricket, it's a violent sport that gets everyone pumped up.

Anyway, yeah, Go try not to be Mr. Grumpypants. Fellow posters, try not to be assholes. Problem solved.

We need to brainstorm and find a way to help fund the board though. Go spends a lot more money on this site than any of us would be willing to. The Bodog thing is great, but I think some of us are still a little leery of internet gambling. Any ideas? Would a LOT more clicks on the ads help a lot?

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1309047170' post='998612']
Then why did you hate Bush so much? Their foreign policy has been awfully close.
[/quote]

I was kidding. The board really needs a Sarah Palin/michele bachmann victory in 2012.

[url="http://img90.imageshack.us/i/207notsureifserious.jpg/"][img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8030/207notsureifserious.jpg[/img][/url]

Uploaded with [url="http://imageshack.us"]ImageShack.us[/url]

Hey I was wondering if the flasher chick got in trouble? Is it against PBS rules or illegal in Cincinnati for women to display their breasts in public? The reason I ask is that here in Columbus it's legal both on the street and in stadiums. This past weekend was Comfest and there were a number of topless women there. People from other cities sometimes find that hard to believe.

[quote name='sparky151' timestamp='1309183664' post='998749']
Hey I was wondering if the flasher chick got in trouble? Is it against PBS rules or illegal in Cincinnati for women to display their breasts in public? The reason I ask is that here in Columbus it's legal both on the street and in stadiums. This past weekend was Comfest and there were a number of topless women there. People from other cities sometimes find that hard to believe.
[/quote]

I have been to commfest many many times, used to live a half block away. I know this sounds really good but it isn't. Apparently in columbus its illegal for attractive women to do this.

Need new blood of posters and new topics. This group is quality if there was a better board then people would post there. This group of posters is very familar with each other and thus pissing and grudges are carried (like normal) however when there isn't anything new these played pissing matches become the top reading materail.

[quote name='Ben' timestamp='1309177595' post='998719']
I was kidding. The board really needs a Sarah Palin/michele bachmann victory in 2012.

[url="http://img90.imageshack.us/i/207notsureifserious.jpg/"][img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8030/207notsureifserious.jpg[/img][/url]

[/quote]

And I'm just giving you a hard time. :)

[/quote]

I am sorry but this is nonsense. You typically ride in on your white horse and ridicule and abuse everyone you don't agree with WAY BEFORE you receive it back. Quit playing the victim.

[/quote]

What year did any of this take place? I have rarely seen you EVER have a discussion with someone you don't agree with. You typically belittle them at best.

[/quote]
A. Ohio Sucks 50% of the time. Cheap safe place to raise kids but not my first choice. Good job keeps me here.
B. You may like talking about football but you certainly don't like discussing it with those who do not agree with you. Lucid and I have different opinions all the time but we ACTUALLY discuss them, you just belittle and abuse those you do not agree with.

[/quote]

That is a classic tactic. Invoke one tiny incident that most of us could care less about and turn it into a major incident. Nobody cared or cares except maybe Mongo.

[/quote]

Again, you are playing with rare extremes. Most people feel Mike Brown has been a horrible GM over the last 20 years and has little success to show for it. Its almost impossible to argue this point without looking like a homer. A couple of divsion titles in the last 20 years is simply unacceptable in a parity driven league. Few regulars on this site have ever wished Brown's death. I agree with you if someone holds that opinion, it is best they find another team or a backup to support.

[/quote]
Anyone who attacks your family or wishes death on anyone besides Bin Laden should be banned. No argument here. Why would you expect anything less than a bitch fest at this point? This team is a three ring circus with our best chance of making a run this year threatening retirement rather than play here. You can't make this shit up.

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1309199983' post='998794']
How about a Go-Bengals.com store ?

Might not bring in a bunch but might be enough to augment the site costs.
[/quote]

I think Go got into a bit of trouble last time there was a store. I have a few shirts I from the NFL C&D fire sale.

[/quote]

that's because it is still a damn good site.

[quote]I can assure you I was attacked, ridiculed and made fun of more than ANYONE EVER on this board. but no one gives a damn or notices because my opinion was the unpopular one. Did i ever care? did i cry about it? [/quote]

this is the main problem. Why should you or anyone else outside of stealer fans have to have that happen to them? Right now in another thread, Harley is being attacked for posting the Bills new unis. All it really took was a mod to move it, but instead he gets blasted first for posting it, then for being at the beach looking at this site. No need for it and that is what drives people away.

[quote]I dont like: Ohio(except the food), I dont like casual football fans who are 10x more emotional about the game than hard core fans, and I dont like fans who take media types super seriously... I dont care what Boomer esiason says about anything ever, good or bad, he has an agenda, and his agenda is his job and ease of life and income.. he has no stake in this team, coming to this site once a week is 10x the stake in the team that he has...

What i like: football, talking football, talking to people who like talking football. [/quote]

while you should be able to have this opinion, remember you are talking about a good portion of your members homes. Some of which may have not lived anywhere else. I've been lucky to move to several different states, and can certainly see why someone whould have that opinion. I'm also sure many of us think it's pretty gay to move to see more of Tebow.

:ninja:

[quote]My opinion on the mike brown hating cant possibly change, if you hate the guy that much, i cant understand being a "fan" of HIS team... if I hated him i wouldnt be a bengals fan, if i hated the nuggets owner i wouldnt be a fan either, being a fan is a choice, being a fan and having such hate and misery in your own team boggles my mind... always will... but i have just as much right to ridicule and call out that opinion as you do to voice that opinion... but that was brought up in this thread... "FUCK MIKE BROWN I HOPE HE DIES SO WE CAN WIN" is a perfectly acceptable opinion and topic.. but "FIND ANOTHER TEAM IF THIS ONE MAKES YOU SO MISERABLE" is over the top and completely unacceptable?[/quote]

I agree with the Mike Brown bashing. It's something that is out of our control and isn't going to change. My own opinion is people should be glad they aren't rooting for the LA Bengals, since Mike certainly could have done this if he was the greedy bastard most make him out to be. I do think he wants to win, but I don't know that he has that ability. at any rate, it's kind of a worthless topic of debate, because those with opinions on Mike brown aren't going to change them if we go 0-16 or 19-0.

It's a good board Go. It's just up to the people here to keep it that way.

Nice post [b]ccartman2[/b]! I totally agree. I don't think there is anything fundamentally flawed with this board or with the majority of its members. I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape when Go says some of the things he does. Unless you are one of the few that threatened his family, are or were a complete and total douchebag or are a total idiot that can't stop posting the same complaints about the team over and over again, then you've got nothing to worry about.

Ryan has taken several people to task for saying stuff that's untrue or is being claimed as fact when its really speculation or opinion, including myself. I don't get all butthurt over it. Neither should any of the rest of you.

That's the nice thing about this place to begin with. You can say whatever the fuck you want, but if its stupid, expect to get called on it. Its a self-policing board in that respect. I like this board and I would never leave. There's more to talk about than football but the NFL is the primary talking point around here and the lack of anything to talk about is the primary driver in the board being so dead like it has been lately.

There will be football eventually. I'll still be kicking it here.

I like the board, though Im not a frequent poster. The heated debates are great reading entertainment. Sports fans in general are emotionaly invested in their teams, so it should come as no surprise that fans get pissed off when their team sucks, and all is well with the world when their team wins. Some have no emotional investment, and others control their rage better. I just think its silly no matter what side of the debate that your on, to take the venting personally. There were many times on JT's old board that posters were challenging each other to fights, making threads of who must die etc. For the most part I would probably guess that most people on here have normal lives, are decent people, and are bengals fans. We just havent had much to cheer for the last 20 years.

The good news is that this is a lightly moderated board in which you can generally speak freely about your opinions and views whether you're serious or joking. For this we should all be thankful.

It's the few that mistake or don't understand that with this freedom should come a little self moderating to not attack ans slam others because they can. It often seems that some lurk and salivate for the chance to pounce and crucify others thus gaining some weird happiness from it. Can we take it? Sure, we're all big boys. It just gets really old and makes most threads end badly.

Go, thanks for the site. I try to occassionally click on the banners to generate some revenue.

Cartman, good post.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1309190911' post='998768']
This thread lacks enough NSFW content.
[/quote]
[URL=http://img607.imageshack.us/i/sunset800x600.jpg/][IMG]http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/9149/sunset800x600.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]

[quote name='BrassBengal' timestamp='1309217734' post='998851']
[url="http://img607.imageshack.us/i/sunset800x600.jpg/"][img]http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/9149/sunset800x600.jpg[/img][/url]

[/quote]

What does some weird rock formation have to do with NSFW? Its just a cave with two rounded humps at the top of the entrance...oh wait.....

Archived