Now Chad's Trying Auto Racing

Soccer, then bull riding and now auto racing. The Chad Ochocinco bucket-list tour continues.

Ochocinco took laps in a stock car driven by NASCAR's Jeff Burton Thursday at Atlanta Motor Speedway and also tried to change a tire and operate a jack as part of the pit crew.

Ochocinco's ride with Burton reached speeds of 150 to 160 mph.

"It's right up there with the bull riding," Ochocinco told reporters. "It's not until you get in the car that you realize how dangerous it is."

With the NFL's labor dispute dragging on, Ochocinco said he may have found another line of work.

"If the lockout continues, I can start with the pit crew and a couple weeks later drive," he said.

Burton was impressed with his passenger.

"You can't scare him," Burton told the Associated Press. "The man has ridden a bull. He runs routes across the middle of the field. He wants to wrestle an alligator."

Ochocinco has said he plans to wrestle gators in Florida. Asked by ESPN if he worried about losing a limb, he noted: "If I lose an arm wrestling alligators, I can just be the Bengals' kicker."

On the subject of the Bengals, Ochocinco said he thinks Carson Palmer is serious about his threat to retire if he's not traded.

"He's frustrated at this point," Ochocinco said. "I wish him well."

On his own chances of being with the Bengals this season, Ochocinco said: "I don't know. I'm going to make it happen whether it is here or with the other 31 teams. They always say the grass is not greener on the other side, but when I water the grass it's going to be green."

[url="http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110630/SPT02/107010352/Ochocinco-goes-spin-Burton"]
[/url]

[url="http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110630/SPT02/107010352/Ochocinco-goes-spin-Burton"]Enquirer[/url]

[quote name='saphead' timestamp='1309533563' post='999385']
He needs to start out in a non-wing sprint car at Lawrenceburg Speedway saturday nights. :good:
[/quote]

Now that is real racing. Bolt some shit together and off the dirt track. Pit passes are only $30!!

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1309535782' post='999389']
This is sounding more and more like a mid-life crisis every day
[/quote]

Just a guy enjoying life. He has a lot of time on his hands, resources and contacts. If I were in his situation I'd be doing a lot of that stuff too.

(Although I'd pass on the bull riding and alligator wrestling.)

Archived