10 Things About Andy Dalton

[url="http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110711/SPT02/307110062/10-things-Andy-Dalton?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CSports%7Cs"]Enquirer[/url]

Here are ten points of interest you may not know about the Bengals second-round selection in the 2011 NFL draft, quarterback Andy Dalton.

1. Bengals rookie quarterback Andy Dalton went to the same high school in Katy, Texas, as actress Renee Zellweger.

2. Dalton's favorite movie is "Dumb and Dumber."

3. A devout Christian, Dalton helped start a non-denominational campus ministry at Texas Christian University "Ignite." The ministry launched on April 5, 2010, with almost 400 students in attendance.

4. Dalton was married last Saturday. Former TCU teammates Jake Kirkpatrick and Evan Frosch were among the groomsmen.

5. Dalton was born on Oct. 29, 1987, in the Houston suburb of Katy. Three days later, the Bengals lost to the Houston Oilers at Riverfront Stadium.

6. In his last three seasons at TCU, Dalton overcame the non-BCS stigma by leading the Horned Frogs to a 6-1 record against BCS schools. TCU won those games by an average margin of 14 points.

7. Dalton is the second former Rose Bowl MVP to be drafted in the second round by the Bengals in the past three years. Linebacker Rey Maualuga won the 2008 Rose Bowl MVP and was Cincinnati's 38th overall pick in 2009.

8. Dalton is further proof that recruiting rankings aren't always right. In 2006, Rivals.com ranked Dalton as the 23rd-best pro-style quarterback in the nation. Alabama's Greg McElroy was No. 11 in the same ranking. Conversely, Dalton was taken 173 picks and five rounds before McElroy in this year's NFL draft.

9. Entering his senior season of high school, Dalton only had two scholarship offers – Memphis and UTEP.

10. Dalton's father, Greg, is an attorney and has his own firm in Katy.

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' timestamp='1310457061' post='1000572']
[url="http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110711/SPT02/307110062/10-things-Andy-Dalton?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CSports%7Cs"]Enquirer[/url]

Here are ten points of interest you may not know about the Bengals second-round selection in the 2011 NFL draft, quarterback Andy Dalton.

1. Bengals rookie quarterback Andy Dalton went to the same high school in Katy, Texas, as actress Renee Zellweger.

2. Dalton's favorite movie is "Dumb and Dumber."

3. A devout Christian, Dalton helped start a non-denominational campus ministry at Texas Christian University "Ignite." The ministry launched on April 5, 2010, with almost 400 students in attendance.

4. Dalton was married last Saturday. Former TCU teammates Jake Kirkpatrick and Evan Frosch were among the groomsmen.

5. Dalton was born on Oct. 29, 1987, in the Houston suburb of Katy. Three days later, the Bengals lost to the Houston Oilers at Riverfront Stadium.

6. In his last three seasons at TCU, Dalton overcame the non-BCS stigma by leading the Horned Frogs to a 6-1 record against BCS schools. TCU won those games by an average margin of 14 points.

7. Dalton is the second former Rose Bowl MVP to be drafted in the second round by the Bengals in the past three years. Linebacker Rey Maualuga won the 2008 Rose Bowl MVP and was Cincinnati's 38th overall pick in 2009.

8. Dalton is further proof that recruiting rankings aren't always right. In 2006, Rivals.com ranked Dalton as the 23rd-best pro-style quarterback in the nation. Alabama's Greg McElroy was No. 11 in the same ranking. Conversely, Dalton was taken 173 picks and five rounds before McElroy in this year's NFL draft.

9. Entering his senior season of high school, Dalton only had two scholarship offers – Memphis and UTEP.

10. Dalton's father, Greg, is an attorney and has his own firm in Katy.
[/quote]

On #8, Dalton's HS team in his senior year lost to McElroy's in the Texas state championship.

[quote name='whodey24k' timestamp='1310519802' post='1000699']
I have always wanted to be a red head
[/quote]

It has it's pluses and minuses. I don't tan so I burn easily. But, at the same time, since I'm careful I have young looking skin. If I didn't have the goatee I'd look like I was in my early 30s, if not younger.

[quote name='fredtoast' timestamp='1310501103' post='1000653']
But only 3 feet tall.

Anyone have that picture of them together?
[/quote]
[img]http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/the-huddle/2011/04/30/daltonx-large.jpg[/img]

Archived