Have you ever been arrested?

Have you ever been arrested?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been arrested?

• Yes
    • No

No reason to explain how/why (unless you choose to), and its a private poll. Though I'll personally admit, I'm interested in hearing stories if you were falsely arrested for something.

Just curious, with the recent trouble of Bengals, some situations of which I could see an average person finding themselves in (not that I'm excusing what apparently happened). Arguments with friends that get too heated, sticking up for your wife and losing control, walking into a daycare and being told you can't see your kid (guessing on my part) due to a misunderstanding and overreacting.

Not saying what any of them did was right, but these are more realistic crimes that your average person could do than drugs, guns, and other crimes you see with atheletes on occasion.

Further, it has been said that NFL players get arrested as often as the general public, its just more publicized. Does the same hold ratio true for the GB community?

Yes for something minor back when I was a hard drinking 22 y.o. I just don't see what the big deal is. If Ced wants to cave some dudes dome in and he deserves it so what. Take your beating and move on. Don't be a pussy and call the cops.

Yes, when i was 23 or 24 years old. I got into a fight with some guy outside a bar. He said something and i said something back, he pushed me and i pushed him back then... cops arrested us both. (at least thats what i was told by friends. I just woke up and found a ticket and a bail stub in my pocket! hahaha

I got a month probation and then it was taken off the books.

Yep, JUVIE. At 13 years of age I got busted for lifting CO2 cartridges from the local Gold Circle. Funny that we could buy all the whippets, cigarettes, dip and smoking devices we wanted but god forbid we buy BB gun accessories. Not that I ever bought whippets or dip. Well, ok I did but I never inhaled. Couldn't contact my parents so I got transported to the big house in Centerville, Ohio. Finally, after a few hours of no contact, they brought me back to my MOPED and let me go home. Mom and Dad were so happy when they found out. Yeah I said MOPED. Fuck all of you mopeds were cool back in the day.

The judge was a real douche.

I did get busted for 85 in a 35 but I didn't hit the slammer like I did with the CO2 cartridges. The fine however was EPIC. 4 figures.

[quote name='whodey24k' timestamp='1311028219' post='1001520']
That's a no for me. I have done a lot of dumb shit where cops were called, but never been arrested. Its my opinion that its pretty hard to get arrested in cincinnati
[/quote]

Not if you're black. I've been lucky, I've never been arrested, but I've been detained before. I once got stopped in Dayton, driving between the two Rally's I was running at the time because I fit the description of a black guy that had robbed a store in West Carrollton. They held me there for a little over an hour. The amazing thing to me was when I saw the "description" they were looking for a Dark skinned black man that weighed about 250 lbs driving a black mid sized car, I'm light skinned, weighed all of 150 at the time and was driving a black Caddy. I guess my car was black.

In Cincy, I once got stuck in the back of a cruiser after helping a guy that was in an accident. He was allergic to something, and in helping him he asked me to get his epi-pen from his glove box. Somebody told the cops I was trying to steal stuff out of his car, and they handcuffed me and put me in the cruiser until one of the EMT's told them I had helped by getting his pen. As a black man, believe me shit happens.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1311030101' post='1001530']
Not if you're black. I've been lucky, I've never been arrested, but I've been detained before. [b]I once got stopped in Dayton, driving between the two Rally's I was running at the time because I fit the description of a black guy that had robbed a store in West Carrollton. [/b] They held me there for a little over an hour. The amazing thing to me was when I saw the "description" they were looking for a Dark skinned black man that weighed about 250 lbs driving a black mid sized car, I'm light skinned, weighed all of 150 at the time and was driving a black Caddy. I guess my car was black.

In Cincy, I once got stuck in the back of a cruiser after helping a guy that was in an accident. He was allergic to something, and in helping him he asked me to get his epi-pen from his glove box. Somebody told the cops I was trying to steal stuff out of his car, and they handcuffed me and put me in the cruiser until one of the EMT's told them I had helped by getting his pen. As a black man, believe me shit happens.
[/quote]

did you run the one on alex bell?

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1311032644' post='1001536']
did you run the one on alex bell?
[/quote]

Naw, I had the two on Salem, Gettysburg and Hoover, and the one on Brown St. Although that was a long time ago, back in the '80's. Hell my Caddy was a '76. That damn car was so big, you were in different time zones from the front to the back seat! :lol: :lol:

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1311033253' post='1001538']
Naw, I had the two on Salem, Gettysburg and Hoover, and the one on Brown St. Although that was a long time ago, back in the '80's. Hell my Caddy was a '76. That damn car was so big, you were in different time zones from the front to the back seat! :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

ok, cuz the one on Alex Bell sucks ass. I went there the Saturday of draft this year, and was stuck in line for [b]THIRTY FIVE[/b] frickin' minutes. And they still got my order wrong. Twice. Will never go back.

I have been... although it was well after I was out of my bad boy/hellraiser years.

It was my fault for not keeping my car info updated, but an extreme overreaction by the cops as well. This was also before I had a CCW.

I was arrested about a year after I got out of the military. At the time, I was in college, was a barback at a downtown bar, and didnt have time to go to the DMV when I turned 25. This happened 1-2 weeks after my 25th birthday. I was pulled over for expired tags (again, a week or two expired) as I was leaving the bar one afternoon after picking up my tips from the previous night. Two black cops come up to my car, ask for license and registration, which I gave to them. I couldnt find my insurance card at the time, I had to prove that later. They realize my license is expired, and proceed to tell me that means I am driving without a license. Even though you have a license, apparently is is voided once it expired. I didnt know it "mattered that much" at the time.

Anyway, they put me in the back of the cop car. Not handcuffed, and call their sergeant over the radio. They ask what he wants to do with me. He tells them to give me a ticket, and show up to court with a new license and my insurance. The two cops get out of the car, discuss something amongst themselves, and then come back, handcuff me, and bring me to jail, against orders/recommendation. I spend about 4 hours in the "drunk tank" being processed, and another 5-6 hours in a cell sleeping before one of my friends bails me out.

Total dick move by the cops, and completely uncalled for- especially after disregarding what their boss told them to do. I probably could claim racism (not that it doesnt exist- it does- by ALL races. But when you break the law, it isnt racism- its law enforcement).

Ultimately, as I said, it was my fault and would have been avoided if I had taken care of my paperwork. The cops made me pay for breaking the law. After spending just that 10 hours or so in jail, and feeling totally helpless in regard to personal freedom, I swore to myself I would never do anything again that would place me back in a prison cell. I dont ever want to be in that place again.

I was in my early 20s, just out of college.

I had a blind date with a woman. I thought it went really well. We had a good deal in common. She invited me into her apartment and we talked for an hour or so. I went home.

I called her a couple of days later. We chatted off and on for a week or so. She never came out and said she was not interested, so I assumed she was. She told me she was busy, and to call her in a week and we'd set something up to get together. The next few times I called she did not answer. The next time I called I got a message that her number had been changed. So I wrote her a letter or 3. I'll admit I was a bit infatuated and behaved a little stupid.

One day I got home from work and my grandparents told me the police had been by. Apparently there was a new, very vague stalking law on the books that I had technically violated. Even though I had never threatened her. I was arrested and placed in jail for a few nights. Eventually the charges were reduced to a minor misdemeanor equivalent to disorderly conduct because the lawyer working her side of the case knew it was a very weak case and a badly written law.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1311038561' post='1001551']
I was in my early 20s, just out of college.

I had a blind date with a woman. I thought it went really well. We had a good deal in common. She invited me into her apartment and we talked for an hour or so. I went home.

I called her a couple of days later. We chatted off and on for a week or so. She never came out and said she was not interested, so I assumed she was. She told me she was busy, and to call her in a week and we'd set something up to get together. The next few times I called she did not answer. The next time I called I got a message that her number had been changed. [b]So I wrote her a letter or 3.[/b] I'll admit I was a bit infatuated and behaved a little stupid.

One day I got home from work and my grandparents told me the police had been by. Apparently there was a new, very vague stalking law on the books that I had technically violated. Even though I had never threatened her. I was arrested and placed in jail for a few nights. Eventually the charges were reduced to a minor misdemeanor equivalent to disorderly conduct because the lawyer working her side of the case knew it was a very weak case and a badly written law.
[/quote]

Cool story. The bolded made me laugh.

Dumb chicks... don't know what they're missin!!

:lol:

[quote name='Elijah15' timestamp='1311051211' post='1001582']
haha i bet u guys dropped the soap and was somebodys Bitch in jail. Thats right come on and call me immature over a forum board...
[/quote]
Hmmm, you sure seem to know alot about soap and being someone's biatch.

[quote name='big_dish' timestamp='1311037328' post='1001547']
I have been... although it was well after I was out of my bad boy/hellraiser years.

It was my fault for not keeping my car info updated, but an extreme overreaction by the cops as well. This was also before I had a CCW.

I was arrested about a year after I got out of the military. At the time, I was in college, was a barback at a downtown bar, and didnt have time to go to the DMV when I turned 25. This happened 1-2 weeks after my 25th birthday. I was pulled over for expired tags (again, a week or two expired) as I was leaving the bar one afternoon after picking up my tips from the previous night. Two black cops come up to my car, ask for license and registration, which I gave to them. I couldnt find my insurance card at the time, I had to prove that later. They realize my license is expired, and proceed to tell me that means I am driving without a license. Even though you have a license, apparently is is voided once it expired. I didnt know it "mattered that much" at the time.

Anyway, they put me in the back of the cop car. Not handcuffed, and call their sergeant over the radio. They ask what he wants to do with me. He tells them to give me a ticket, and show up to court with a new license and my insurance. The two cops get out of the car, discuss something amongst themselves, and then come back, handcuff me, and bring me to jail, against orders/recommendation. I spend about 4 hours in the "drunk tank" being processed, and another 5-6 hours in a cell sleeping before one of my friends bails me out.

Total dick move by the cops, and completely uncalled for- especially after disregarding what their boss told them to do. I probably could claim racism (not that it doesnt exist- it does- by ALL races. But when you break the law, it isnt racism- its law enforcement).

Ultimately, as I said, it was my fault and would have been avoided if I had taken care of my paperwork. The cops made me pay for breaking the law. After spending just that 10 hours or so in jail, and feeling totally helpless in regard to personal freedom, I swore to myself I would never do anything again that would place me back in a prison cell. I dont ever want to be in that place again.
[/quote]

Jesus that's a bit overboard. I had mine expired once and they proceeded to call a tow truck and and make me tow it back to my house which was all of less than a mile away and charge me 300 bucks to do so, didnt give me any other options which tells me they were in on a deal to make some money.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1311079699' post='1001613']
Jesus that's a bit overboard. I had mine expired once and they proceeded to call a tow truck and and make me tow it back to my house which was all of less than a mile away and charge me 300 bucks to do so, didnt give me any other options which tells me they were in on a deal to make some money.
[/quote]

I agree, it was way overboard. I may have been made an example of somehow, or maybe the cops were having a bad day... who knows. They didnt even tow my car, they parked it across the street and left it there. I had to pick it up when I got bailed out. I also couldnt get the charges dropped, because they were valid. The jail part, however, was not so valid.

Archived