Former Bengal Nate Webster Accused Of Sex With a Former Bengals Coach's 15 year old daughter

oldschooler

[quote name='Xombie' timestamp='1311355440' post='1002507']
I actually know Nate, and I have to say I am shocked... He is the first pro player that I have ever had an actual, friendly relationship with and he truly seems so down to earth. I hate to think he is capable of this, but where there is smoke...
[/quote]

According to the DA, they got a lot more than smoke.. They seem to feel it's a pretty rock solid case. Doesn't surprise me though. The more fucked up you are, the better you have to be at hiding it.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1311355666' post='1002510']
According to the DA, they got a lot more than smoke.. They seem to feel it's a pretty rock solid case. Doesn't surprise me though. The more fucked up you are, the better you have to be at hiding it.
[/quote]

Mayhaps. Admittedly kinda shellshocked the more I think about it. He always seemed to be a real salt-of-the-earth type. Open, gregarious, and always truly happy to talk about anything. As pathetic as it sounds, this has really started to depress me a mite.

[b]CINCINNATI (AP)[/b]
A former [url="http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/cincinnati-bengals/67041"][b][color="#265970"]Cincinnati Bengals[/color][/b][/url] linebacker has been indicted on sex-related charges [b][size="3"]involving the teenage daughter of a former Bengals assistant coach.[/size][/b]

Prosecutors allege that Nathaniel Webster Jr. engaged in sexual conduct with the girl in 2009 when she was 15 and threatened to harm her and her family if she told anyone. Bond was set at $1 million.

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said Thursday the 33-year-old was indicted on single counts of gross sexual imposition and sexual battery and five counts of unlawful sex with a minor with gun specifications. Webster could get up to 36-1/2 years in prison if convicted.

No attorney was listed for Webster.

He played for Tampa Bay from 2000-2003 and for the Bengals from 2004-05. He finished his career with Denver from 2006-08.

[url="http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Former-Cincinnati-Bengal-Nate-Webster-charge-sex-crimes-involving-minor-072111"]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Former-Cincinnati-Bengal-Nate-Webster-charge-sex-crimes-involving-minor-072111[/url]

Former Coach? I wonder who that would be?

Apparently it was Hue Jackson's daughter. Really fucked up story. I really liked Nate Webster. One of the cooler players when I was younger. Even when he was injured, hobbling up and down the sidelines, he always seeme to care much more than a lot of players. Would not have expected this shit

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1311524777' post='1002842']
[b]Apparently it was Hue Jackson's daughter[/b]. Really fucked up story. I really liked Nate Webster. One of the cooler players when I was younger. Even when he was injured, hobbling up and down the sidelines, he always seeme to care much more than a lot of players. Would not have expected this shit
[/quote]

Yikes!

Just what I heard. . But going off past news stories about Hue where they mentioned the then ages of his daughters, it seems true. His oldest girl was 6 in 2000 and according to that article, this happened in 09 when the girl was 15. Same age as the victim mentioned.Was Hue still around in 09 though? Maybe he didn't relocate his family to Atlanta immediately when he moved there or something.

• 8 months later...
[b] [size=6]All-Pro Ray Lewis set to testify in Bengal sex case[/size][/b]

While former Cincinnati Bengal Nathaniel “Nate” Webster had his trial start today, the big news was another linebacker who is scheduled to testify.

Mary Jill Donovan, Webster’s attorney, issued a subpoena requiring the Baltimore Ravens All-Pro linebacker Ray Lewis to testify in the trial.

Donovan, representing Webster against allegations he had sex with a 15-year-old girl in 2009, wouldn’t say why she called for Lewis to testify.

A message about Lewis’ testimony left with the Ravens wasn’t immediately returned today.

The case began Monday with jury selection. The actual trial is expected to begin Tuesday with opening statements.

Webster, who has denied all allegations, was 31 and the girl 15 when she said he had sex with her at least four times in 2009 in and around their Symmes Township neighborhood. He now is 34 and she is 18.

Webster is charged with sexual touching, sexual battery and five counts of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor.

Hamilton County prosecutors were unconcerned with Lewis’ possible testimony, saying the only issue in the case is if Webster has sex with a minor. If they can convince a jury he did, he could go to prison for more than 30 years.

That’s far less than the plea deal Assistant Prosecutors Seth Tieger and Katie Burroughs offered Webster earlier.

Tieger, who said the plea deal was offered to try to spare the alleged victim from having to testify in a high-profile case, said the plea deal included a mandatory prison sentence for Webster that also required him to register as a sex offender after his release.

Common Pleas Court Judge Ralph “Ted” Winkler told the sides he would send Webster to prison for four years if such a plea was accepted by the former pro football player, who has seven children from four women.

The judge also raised a potential conflict of interest in the case: Webster is represented by the wife of Sean Donovan, the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office chief deputy who is running for Sheriff this fall. He is also is the boss of the police officers who arrested Webster and will be testifying in the case for prosecutors.

Mary Jill Donovan said there was no conflict.

“It's fraught with danger for everybody and I'll leave it at that," the judge said.

(Click the link for the entire article)

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20120416/NEWS/304160091/All-Pro-Ray-Lewis-set-testify-Bengal-sex-case?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

[quote name='Sox' timestamp='1334599826' post='1118876']
He played four years at Tampa,three years at Denver,and one season in which he played a whopping three games for us,yet the Bengals are the team named.That's awesome.
[/quote]

well, because its a cincinnati newspaper.

Damn Nasty Nate, wtf son???

I had high hopes when he came here to be the MLB after Kevin Hardy was moved the pasture, the Manster never panned out and it seems he is also a child molester. As the father of two daughters I can't even think about what I would do if this happened to one of my kids, lets just say Nasty Nate and his entire family would have to move out of the country.

I hope Ray Lewis isn't trying to use his celebrity to help Nate in this case, who wants to vouch for a child molestor? I mean how do even get accused of something like this, what reason does he have to even talk to this girl or be around here. If they can prove he was communicating with her then he's guility, imo. If he's guilty he needs to do the time, no tolerance for child molestors. This world is fucked up enough, don't have to have to live with people who think it's ok to rape children.

[quote name='The PatternMaster' timestamp='1334600530' post='1118882']
Damn Nasty Nate, wtf son???

I had high hopes when he came here to be the MLB after Kevin Hardy was moved the pasture, the Manster never panned out and it seems he is also a child molester. As the father of two daughters I can't even think about what I would do if this happened to one of my kids, lets just say Nasty Nate and his entire family would have to move out of the country.

I hope Ray Lewis isn't trying to use his celebrity to help Nate in this case, who wants to vouch for a child molestor? I mean how do even get accused of something like this, what reason does he have to even talk to this girl or be around here. If they can prove he was communicating with her then he's guility, imo. If he's guilty he needs to do the time, no tolerance for child molestors. This world is fucked up enough, don't have to have to live with people who think it's ok to rape children.
[/quote]

If a girl is sexually active... is she a 'child'?

If that girl decides to voluntarily have sexual contact with someone older than 18, is that molesting a child?

Why are <18 y/o's only allowed to have sexual contact with <18y/o's?

God decides that biologically, a girl becomes a woman when she undergoes puberty. Government/business decides she is a woman at age 18. Who is right?

Just some questions that come to mind...

[quote name='The PatternMaster' timestamp='1334600530' post='1118882']

[/quote]

Ray went to the U, as well as Nate. Ray was subpoenaed, so I wonder if indicated that he wouldn't voluntarily testify.

Would he be a "character" witness?

[quote name='Abu-Zayd' timestamp='1334601008' post='1118889']

If a girl is sexually active... is she a 'child'?

If that girl decides to voluntarily have sexual contact with someone older than 18, is that molesting a child?

Why are <18 y/o's only allowed to have sexual contact with <18y/o's?

God decides that biologically, a girl becomes a woman when she undergoes puberty. Government/business decides she is a woman at age 18. Who is right?

Just some questions that come to mind...
[/quote]

God is wrong on this one. Girls as young as 11 can have get pregnant, but they are in no way emotionaly or intellectually ready to be a mother. God may not have minded Lot getting drunk and impregnating his own daughters, but we can't have that happen in our society today.

And BTW it is usually legal for a girl under 18 to have sex with a guy over 18 as long as there is no more than 4 years difference in their ages. this varies from state to state, but i don't know of any place where an 18 year old can get in trouble for having sex with a minor. the adult may be charged with contributing to the Deliquency of a minor or some petty shit like that, but not statutory rape.

Nate is charged with much more than just statutory rape. Not sure excactly what these charges mean in Ohio state law, but it is more than just simple statutory rape.

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1311524777' post='1002842']
Apparently it was Hue Jackson's daughter. Really fucked up story. I really liked Nate Webster. One of the cooler players when I was younger. Even when he was injured, hobbling up and down the sidelines, he always seeme to care much more than a lot of players. Would not have expected this shit
[/quote]

Not sure of Hue Jackson. The news report was fairly clear that it WAS a Bengals Coach that is NO longer with the team but IS coaching still in the NFL. A little grain of salt is taken with every media report on this subject but most are clear the coach is no longer with the Bengals.

[quote name='fredtoast' timestamp='1334602185' post='1118897']

[b]God is wrong on this one.[/b] Girls as young as 11 can have get pregnant, but they are in no way emotionaly or intellectually ready to be a mother.

And BTW it is usually legal for a girl under 18 to have sex with a guy over 18 as long as there is no more than 4 years difference in their ages. this varies from state to state, but i don't know of any place where an 18 year old can get in trouble for having sex with a minor. the adult may be charged with contributing to the Deliquency of a minor or some petty shit like that, but not statutory rape.
[/quote]

Well, I see your perspective based on your opening statement. Thanks for coming clean on that.

"Contributing to delinquency of a minor" is still an 'offense', so technically it is not ok, right?

And who determines that 4 years of age difference is ok, whereas 5 is not? Why does the state claim the power to decide that?

What is a very reputable and honorable 25 year old man wants to honorably marry a 15 year old girl? Is that wrong? Or else is it legally acceptable for that 15 year old to instead go around sleeping with other 15 year olds?

[quote name='Abu-Zayd' timestamp='1334602704' post='1118900']

Well, I see your perspective based on your opening statement. Thanks for coming clean on that.

"Contributing to delinquency of a minor" is still an 'offense', so technically it is not ok, right?

And who determines that 4 years of age difference is ok, whereas 5 is not? Why does the state claim the power to decide that?

What is a very reputable and honorable 25 year old man wants to honorably marry a 15 year old girl? Is that wrong? Or else is it legally acceptable for that 15 year old to instead go around sleeping with other 15 year olds?
[/quote]

A 15 year old girl isn't mentally old enough to really know what she's doing and how it will effect her in life. A 25 year old does, or at least should, and thus is taking advantage of a 15 year old girl that doesn't know any better. When it's just 15 year olds sleeping with each other then you're dealing with people at roughly the same mental/emotional level and no one is being taken advantage of.

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1334602239' post='1118898']

Not sure of Hue Jackson. The news report was fairly clear that it WAS a Bengals Coach that is NO longer with the team but IS coaching still in the NFL. A little grain of salt is taken with every media report on this subject but most are clear the coach is no longer with the Bengals.
[/quote]

This was reported when Hue was the coach of the Raiders, so yes he was a former assistant who was no longer with the team when the story broke. Hue left here to come to Atlanta, then he went to Oakland but his family stayed in Cincy.

[quote name='Abu-Zayd' timestamp='1334601008' post='1118889']
[/quote]

1. A female is capable of entering into puberty at a very early age (could be as early as 8 years old).
2. A young woman reaches full maturity, in terms of brain development, between 21 and 22 years of age. A young man does not reach full maturity, in terms of brain development, until nearly 30 years of age.

In other words, neither are right.

Archived